Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What are Mage Metalbrook's 8 enchanted items?

Sidral Mundet

So Starlight and Twilight mentioned this unicorn (given Twilight's reference on Eastern Unicorns I'm assuming he is on) had eight magical items.  What do you think they are? What do you think they do? Do  you think they'll play a role in this season?

I think they are very powerful objects, but are like the keys in season 4, simple objects that have value/power from the feeling the person got from it.  I hope they play a role, as the Mane 6 go out and find them, gaining their Element of Harmonyish power for the season from them.  That being said there are 8 so hopefully we'll have one for Spike and if not then have the villain be in possession of two of the items,  If they don't play a role, it's still nice to have another powerful mage outside of Starswirl be mentioned. 

• Brohoof 3

Maybe the 8 items will play out sort of like the keys in season 4. They will be gotten across multiple episodes throughout the season and play a big part during the finale. And I do hope Spike gets one.

• Brohoof 3

A secret like the sacred twenty-two artifacts of the ancients Daring Do has to touch with her hooves to reach her status of the Constant. Perhaps they're part of them, perhaps not, who knows. Would be an awesome reference if they would and Daring Do and Twilight would cross paths on their way to find the last piece of either set.

But to be realistic, I think that was nothing concerning the season.

• Brohoof 2

Whatever they are, until we find out, it's great food for all the Fanfiction writers out there. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Probably something that will expand throughout season 5, as ChikoritaBrony said...

Or maybe its just a small bit of lore and we'll never find out more about them.... >: D

(But yeah it's probably similar to the keys.)

Edited by baltosaa
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty sure we will learn more about them throughout the season.

The number "8" intrigues me... They certainly won't be related to the mane 6. (unlike the keys)

Maybe something happens if you gather them together...

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I don´t think they will be explored that much more - maybe there will be some mentions a la Starswirl the Bearded, but in my opinion it was just meant to express the fact that this staff isn´t real.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

At first I thought they were going to be important, but now that about it I think it was just a name drop to make it sound like a legendary mystical item of great power. Twilight said there were only supposedly eight artifacts, so that was the first clue that Starlight wasn't being completely truthful. 

Outside of that, it's basically fanfic fuel.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

I was doing my war story based on relics of power, so this coming up was a coincidence. My relic comes in the form of a gateway, but not to other worlds, but one that could end up destroying equestria, if opened. But since the person who was doing the ancient text translations Laptop/PC kept crashing, i had to ask him to stop. Now i have nobody to do it for me, it was going to be in hylian text. But i can't really put words together on such languages.

• Brohoof 1

What really intrigued me was the talk of eastern unicorn magic, and how it potentially differs from the magic Twilight and co. are familiar with. I would assume it somehow ties into these artifacts, so I am seriously curious how they will explore that.

Man, I need to watch that episode again...

• Brohoof 4

I have a even better question. why is there a 9th, see twillight obviously knew about the 8th enhanced items/artifacts, but maybe a 9th one proves that there are hidden or forbidden ones and starlight knows about these o3o. I am already filling my head with pointless theories which will probably all be proved wrong before season ends, but I am imagining a dark hidden past where lots of cruel and forbidden artifacts were made.

• Brohoof 1

I have a even better question. why is there a 9th, see twillight obviously knew about the 8th enhanced items/artifacts, but maybe a 9th one proves that there are hidden or forbidden ones and starlight knows about these o3o. I am already filling my head with pointless theories which will probably all be proved wrong before season ends, but I am imagining a dark hidden past where lots of cruel and forbidden artifacts were made.

I don't think there was a ninth. Starlight Glimmer stated that the staff was "a piece of wood I found in the desert" (What was she doing in the desert?! I hope we get answers maybe?). Twilight also said that he only had eight objects. I think Starlight was just saying there was a ninth object as a lie to get others to take her more seriously, or to imply that there was some great/divine power behind the idea of sameness.

• Brohoof 1

I guess Meadowbrook is the new Starswirl

I'll echo what other folks have said and say that the 8 artifacts are probably like the keys from last season. We'll have episodes were the map calls the ponies somewhere and they'l find one. 

Alternatively, its a red herring. Starlight Glimmer only mentioned it as an excuse for her magic. Since we didn't actually see a REAL artifact, it could end up having no importance at all. 

Well, the whole fact fact that Twilight references "Eastern Unicorns" or "Eastern Equestria" would imply that there is some kind of distinction between them and regular Unicorns/Equestria. It could just be another geographical part of Equestria, but the way she said it made it sound like she wasnt just talking about Manehattan and Fillydelphia ponies, at least not modern ones. Plus, I would think she would've covered them in her studies, but the way she referenced these other unicorns made them seem much more distant.

My guess is Eastern Unicorns are some nation or group of Unicorns that never integrated with the Pegasi or Earth Ponies during the founding of Equestria. Maybe Mage Metalbrook is their leader, or their version of Star Swirl.

I don't think there was a ninth. Starlight Glimmer stated that the staff was "a piece of wood I found in the desert" (What was she doing in the desert?! I hope we get answers maybe?). Twilight also said that he only had eight objects. I think Starlight was just saying there was a ninth object as a lie to get others to take her more seriously, or to imply that there was some great/divine power behind the idea of sameness.

I agree, there probably isnt a 9th. As for Starlight, I get the feeling shes part of something bigger. When shes monologging, she mentioned that "They'll finally understand what were trying to accomplish." It could be just converting all of Equestria to Sameness, but it could also be something far greater. After all, she did escape, that leaves her story pretty open ended.

I think it's very likely we'll see these 8 items in s5, like the keys from s4, perhaps.

OR season 6, they revealded that S6 is coming even before the S5 premiere 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well in hoping we get some more types of unicorns which now we got in Eastern Unicorns

said my Miss Twilight.  Also the 8 items seems to be a good way to open up the world

a bit more and its also in the Crystal Map that Equestria is also just one nation of the

the whole world which means we gets of other nations in the MLP world and more

types of races (hope we get a griffon one....)

Now the 8 items will seem to play a role in the coming season which would make

a nice tie in with the Map and exploring so lets hope!

Edited by Tao

This is going to be one of those things that maybe they will do, maybe they won't, maybe depending on what Twilight does, where the story goes, what side of the bed MA Larson woke up on this morning, or how heavy traffic in Burbank is.

MLP is very lean and practical in its purpose. It never tells much more than it needs to in its stories, explaining why so many things are left to interpretation. Sometimes, this approach is taken a bit too far, like avoiding explaining Scootaloo's family situation for such a long time, but if it does become necessary in a story to reveal the items and their importance, they will do it. This is something that you can't necessarily predict, however.

• Brohoof 1