Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's Lab! What's your IQ, do you believe your smart?

camsterman101

Measuring IQ isn't really a way of measuring how smart a person it since it only looks at a very small part of a human's intelligence. Not to mention there are so many IQ tests that give false numbers.

I've taken a few in the past and have gotten anywhere between 115 and 132. I'm gonna take the lowest score as the closest. If I had to guess, I'm more around 110.

• Brohoof 1

I just have one comment to all the smart ones out there... Use your brains! Don't let it go to waste >_>

I would probably not score high on any IQ tests, because I have reading disabilities.

• Brohoof 1

The last IQ test I took was way back in my early twenties. I got a score of 145. But I usually only look on things like IQ tests as curiosities and entertainment. Real intelligence I've always believed to be more complex and can't really be put to a test. Sure certain aspects can be tested, but in a broader sense, I've always felt people have displayed intelligence in unique and surprising ways that don't really fit in some sort of category or scoring method. You can be an absolute genius in one area with a talent and then be a complete numpty who has been beaten with the idiotic stick in another. I know that's the case with me. :ButtercupLaugh:

I am kind of curious what I would score now on an IQ test though. I mean I spent about a decade locked away alone pretty much just studying. Seriously, the average amount of times I left the house each year was 3 days during that period of time. Hyper reclusive. Leave me to my dusty old books and the internet. The fate of Equestria doesn't rely on me making friends kind of deal. :yeahno:

I got better though. Although, it's left me a little odd. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Human intelligence can't be accurately measured by questions on a test. How could it? what qualifies as intelligence? there are many dimensions to intelligence, and multiple aspects of being "intelligent" completely ignored or neglected by standard IQ tests. Even the person who created the original standard test admitted this.

To boil down something as fluid and complex as human intelligence to a number isn't just dishonest, but borderline insulting. 

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 3

I like to believe Im smart to a certain level, Im not a mastermind but I ussually have high scores in tests, I learned English better than my classmates and Im bragging so let me stop.

Im a teenager, stupidity is passive, I've done stupid stuff, I've done smart stuff. 

Summarizing. Im stupid and intelligent. 

• Brohoof 1

I have never taken a proper IQ test, the various online ones show quite different values, but at least they all show above average (which is 100) :twismile:.

According to Jordan Peterson (I just heard that in his video, but I am sure that is common knowledge in psychology), IQ is a measure of how fast can you learn new things - a person with low IQ can be taught to do a simple, repetitive job and will do that job very well, until the requirements change etc. In one of his videos (which I probably will not find any time soon) he talked about a low IQ person - it took him hours to teach that person how to fold a piece of paper in three parts and put it in an envelope, however, once he did that, the person was able to do the job as well as anybody else. Until the envelopes or the paper changed and he needed to fold it differently.

• Brohoof 1

I've never taken an IQ test before, so I don't know what my score is.  

Do I feel I am smart?  I mean I dunno.  I'm not Twilight level, lol.  I'm certainly not dumb either.  I always just consider myself average.  

I did a couple of IQ test and my score was in the 105-110 range. There are also some good IQ tests online. You can easily spot the ones that inflate your score as most people don't actually have an IQ over 120

• 3 years later...
On 2023-07-11 at 2:18 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

What does Twilight Sparkle's pet preference have to do with my intelligence? :P

Lab as in Science Lab, not Labrador.

I done a professional IQ test awhile ago, neither me or my mom remember what I got but I took an IQ test on IDR Labs and I got a 71, At least I'm not low enough to be considered intellectually disabled (69 or lower).

• 4 months later...

My IQ is probably low but I never care for such an academic stuff. But I’d like to think myself as quite resourceful and more tactical-“jack of all trades, master of none”. I prefer looking at the big picture.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know my IQ as I have never taken a proper IQ test and the various online tests are not accurate (if one test says 130 and another says 125 and yet another says 140, they are not accurate).

I think I'm above average though and I can work in a job that requires high IQ (server/network administrator).

• Brohoof 2

Mine is probably somewhere around room temperature, maybe a bit higher on a good day.

Really though I feel like everyone is smart in their own way. Pretty much everyone has like that one topic they know a metric shit ton about or that one skill they’ve worked really hard to improve. An IQ test or whatever can’t really measure that, nor can it measure something like creativity or even just general knowledge. They tend to just be focused on logic.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
  • Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

An IQ test or whatever can’t really measure that

IQ test pretty much measures your ability to learn new things fast. A low-IQ person can do a great job as long as the job is repetitive (say, working in a factory at an assembly line), just like a high-IQ person, maybe even better, but it will take the low-IQ person longer to learn how to do the job, but once he learns how to do the job, he may be great at it, until something about the job changes. 

Jobs that are not repetitive are harder and may be impossible for low-IQ people. Apparently the US Army does not take people with IQ lower than 83.

Jordan Peterson has posted some great lectures about this. 

• Brohoof 1