Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Consider Cheating?

Venomous

45 minutes ago, Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 said:

People over react way too much when they see flirting lol. I mean some people are just flirty in nature, so you can;t really think that everything flirty they say at another person is cheating. 

Yeah exactly. I tend to come off as flirty towards people without even realizing it. I'm not trying to attract them at all. I would also never purposefully flirt with someone else in front of my boyfriend that's just wrong.

• Brohoof 4

I think it depends on your partner. If you're both flirty and have fun just chatting with people, a harmless flirt won't hurt. As long as it is clear for everyone it's just a compliment here and there without any background interest. 

Talk to your partner, agree on borders. Then nobody gets hurt.

For me and my partner - due to us both cosplaying we sure crack some flirty jokes with others (especially in-character) but we would never really hit on anyone else. A peck on the cheek or lips with friends - sure. We know it's just our friends and it's normal here to give them a peck.

As soon as you openly hit on someone with deeper intents/thoughts in the back of your head.. that's more serious.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think flirting, if it is that is already known you are in a relationship and you're just having fun is alright. Only when it is with the intent of something more would I say it is cheating such as testing your market per say. Yet honestly given how much pain it can cause your partner I simply wouldn't do it it myself haha.

She read your texts, why you flirting bro.

Spoiler

fa2.png.5e368710ece68a813671e4b4e7f6207a.png

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Depends on the context really. As proven by some, acts like flirting can sometimes do well in bargaining situations and such, as well as people having open relationships nowadays, cheating is really a hard term to define. However, id see it as any romantic act (flirting to intimacy) that doesn't benefit/have consent from you AND your partner, or could emotionally hurt your partner (sleeping with someone for gain, knowing it would hurt your partner).

• Brohoof 2

As seems frequently to be the case, El Goonish was discussing this recently (and being flirty vs flirting)

Flirty.png.20e7df75cd04a049ee20ad57bd71eba6.png

But more seriously; there is a line between wanting to be appreciated for your attractiveness (or acknowledging someone IS attractive to you) and implying in some way you would want to do something about that. Even implying the latter can be disrespectful to your current partner, although the exact line there depends on how secure your partner is in the relationship and hence cool with their partner giving or receiving attention.

• Brohoof 2

When crossing the flirting line is when I would consider as cheating. Flirting can come out as a joke and will be harder to tell and jumping in conclusion will be problematic. Especially if you’re the clingy jealous type. Overall it all comes down to trust and honesty.

• Brohoof 2

I think flirting really depends on the person, like, some people just are more flirty than others or flirt when they don't even realize it.  If your partner is flirting with people for the intent of getting something out of the other person without your consent then yeah, I'd consider it cheating.  Since I'm normally someone who approves of polyamory, I think it's important for all parties involved to be equally communicated with, consent given and people getting tested if it turns into a physical relationship with someone outside of the main couple just to make sure y'all aren't spreading any STIs and people stay healthy and informed of their own status(also remembering to use protection!!!).  Just as long as all parties involved are consenting adults, I see no issues with flirting.  If you're in a monogamous relationship then flirting IS cheating, if someone in the relationship is flirting with people outside of said relationship with the intent of having a physical or romantic relationship with the person.

• Brohoof 1

Abuse of trust really, well I don't really do relationships lol but when you find out someone was lying to you all along lmao oof that's terrible

(edited)

Flirting with someone else is cheating. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be in a relationship.

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 3

As long as your partner is okay with flirting or talking about others in a context that can seem slightly odd, then it is not cheating.

If you are in a strict relationship, with no room for looking at others at all, then it is cheating to just breathe! >_>

The rules are specific and unique for each unique and specific relationship!

• Brohoof 4

PLEASE KEEP POSTS ON TOPIC.

ALL OFF-TOPIC POSTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

• Brohoof 1

It varies from person to person, some people are fans of the ol' Greek polyamory and what not, me personally, kissing and sex, flirting is fine in most contexts, but I mean if they wanna flirt with their ex that is just bad vibes on my end, rubs me the wrong way.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/21/2015 at 6:51 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

Does your partner have to be caught full-fledged being intimate with someone else in order for it to be cheating? Or is them simply flirting with someone else considered cheating?

The first one is definitely cheating.
The second one is probably cheating as well, especially if the relationship is new, like a few months to a year.

I would say you don't get into a relationship unless you are willing to commit to that relationship. If you don't commit, you might as well be considered a cheater from the beginning.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

It’s different for every relationship as to what would be considered cheating. Some people are fine with flirting, others find it cheating. For myself personally it would depend on the type of flirting that’s going on. Is it a harmless fun type of flirting or is it the kind that could lead to something more happening(or implies that something more is currently happening)? The harmless fun sort I wouldn’t consider cheating. The latter I would consider cheating.

Kissing,sex and so on I would definitely consider cheating. 

• Brohoof 1