Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

At what age did you first learn about sex?

Cleverclover

Also, how did you learn about it? Did your parents ever give you "the talk?" Or did you just happen to have a more....visual experience? 

As for me, I think I was around 11-12. I remember watching something on TV where characters were mentioning condoms, and I wondered what those were. So I asked my parents, and they pretty much came clean with me. 

• Brohoof 4

My mother told me when I was around 12. I think because I had been hanging out with our next door neighbor at the pool but I can't remember the specific circumstance. Kind of just shrugged and carried, it didn't bother me that much.

• Brohoof 1

I think they tought about sex for the first time when I was about 14 or 15. When I was in Year 10 in Secondary School, they stopped teaching me Citezienship for a while for some reason and tought us a bit about what sex is. Not "bang-bang" sex I don't think, I think they just tought us about where and how babies are formed. I think I first known about "bang-bang" sex, sperm and stuff on the Internet and watching YouTube Poops.

I was 8 or so. I don't want to get into specifics but I'll say it was a more... physical experience, and leave it at that. As far as being taught about it I honestly don't know, I sorta just learned along the way.

Learned it from South Park at like...age 8-10 or something along those lines or possibly even younger. Never had the talk nor have I been in a sex ed class.

7-8 is around the area where I learned that sex existed though I knew nothing of the specifics.

I was 9-10 when I learned it was how babies were made mostly out of my own reasoning. I remember making a metaphor of a key and a lock to unlock babies. Yeah, that happened and it was relatively accurate. Age 11-12, I remember romping around naked because nudity wasn't an issue with close friends. Their sister was there too and she joined in the fun and at one point she jumped onto me. Just the whole situation was a cause for thought for me. About age 13-14 is when I developed a sex drive. Girls were a thing of beauty and weren't icky anymore etc. etc.

I don't even remember when I first learned of it. It's just kind of always been a fact of life. I didn't learn the specifics until around 11-12 though because that's when I started getting classes on it.

It was basically just banter at my school which led to me finding out for myself. (I must have been about 9). But it really didn't take me long to find the internet if you know what I mean. We had SexEd lessons in Year 6 (When I was 11). 

(edited)

I honestly don't remember the age.  I wish I could.  But I do remember that my first experience with the subject was watching The Terminator.  That came out before I was born, and I don't remember how old I was when I first watched it.  Fairly young.  But yeah, the Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese sex scene was the first time I saw something like that.  But funnily enough, I have no memory of what my parents said about it.  I know they must have explained it, but I don't remember any of it.  I just remember Sarah and Kyle.  Guess that's all that matters, right?  But I remember feeling sexual attraction from as early as I can remember.; I just didn't know the specifics, obviously.

*EDIT*  Reading all these posts in here about how people learned from the internet suddenly makes me feel old.  For the first time in my life, I feel like an old fogey going "Back in my day, we didn't have no fancy internet!  We had to watch movies to learn about the birds and bees!"

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1

I think I was around 11 when I learnt about sex. Learnt about it at a Sex Ed class during Grade 6.

11-12

There we're two kids and class who seem to know about it, and they seemed to want to spread to knowledge with everyone. 

Maybe a year or so before I became thirteen, I think, or it could have been a little while after that... I'm pretty sure I either learnt it from the internet (not through... videos... I mean x3) or through being taught about it in PSHE. 

I think i was about 8-9 when we had sexual education in our school. My parents where kind of lucky, because they didn't had to explain me, since i already heard the most from my school. :lol:

My parents never kept anything from me, so I went through childhood with a general idea of how it worked, although it was never really interesting enough for me to press them further with questions.

I was about 6 or 7 when I learned about it, but my parents never gave me "the talk". I just learned from reading educational books, which I did quite often at that age.

My 6th grade Health class also taught sex ed, but by that point I had already learned everything before they taught it in class.

(edited)

I was taught about sex when I was 12 years old in school, along with all of my year-group. The teachers did not sugar-coat it at all. Looking back, I wasn't bothered by it at all. I just took it all in, and that was it. Hell, the worst part was having to listen to some of the other kids giggling *rolls eyes*. I'm pretty sure my parents were thankful that they didn't have to give me the talk.

Edited by GrauWitz