Did you like it?  

210 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh, It was okay.
    • I like it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Aye. No episode will be perfect, but even those that fall short have their great moments, and I can see myself watching this one a few times more. :D

ALSO NEW RACE DAMMIT I LOVE IT WHEN MLP DOES THIS!!! <3

It was very "smashing" if you get the pun!

• Brohoof 1

Weird, but not too bad.

"So do we just walk back up the slide, or what?"

Best line ^

Says the pony with wings. I think she's spent too much time on the ground at this point. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'm disappointed that it turns out Spike can't play piano. That was a cool little thing that was never fully explored before but it was always nice to see.

I'll just assume he wasn't gonna risk inperfection and just had the piano play itself this time.

Yeah, that's it. I'm gonna be that kind of guy.

• Brohoof 4

Fantastic episode, one of the best Pinkie episodes there has been. I'm so glad they've finally made her character great again, so much development in this episode. It was good to see the characters interacting like they were, it felt a lot like a season 1-2 episode, very story and character driven.

It was great to also see some nice continuity, what with the return of Appleloosa and the Cherry farmers (what ever their names were xD). Also, it was interesting to say the least to meet the Yaks... Perhaps a bit overboard on the aggression but it was fun to see them. 

Overall Pinkie's character was fantastic, the development was there and it really felt like she had returned to her season 1-2 self, thankfully, shown by her mix between serious and not too crazy but funny nature.

Great episode, probably a 9.5/10 for me. Massive improvement on last weeks, can't wait for the next one!

I've never understood why, when people travel, the hosts try to make the destination as much like the travelers home as possible. When I go somewhere new, I want to enjoy THEIR culture and people, not more of my own.

Guess you should have put a spoiler tag on that.

• Brohoof 1

Even the experts can have a rough day. Even more so with Pinkie Pie.

That was a fun one. Glad to see Cherry Jubilee again, she had some adorable expressions. I also like that Pinkie joined a Beetles-like band that lasted like, what, probably a couple hours at least? That was hilarious. And Celestia's face at the end, hoo boy did she look concerned. XP

And I want a plush Yak foal now. Just sayin'.

• Brohoof 2

Quick I now need pictures of Twilight cowering in front of Quesadillas

I have no idea where this fear is suppose to come from. XD

I thought it was a fun episode!

Pinkie had some great character development and it's good to see that Twilight can still get nervous when it comes to these matters.

BUT MAN, I HATE THOSE YAKS!!! The Ponies tried to make them feel welcome (though I do think they should have come to the conclusion that they shouldn't make Ponyville feel like Yakyakistan earlier) and they just flipped out and destroyed stuff over minor details, including Twilight's Castle!! If I were Twilight I would have closed the border and put up "the iron curtain"!

When the Yaks declared war OVER A LACK OF A PARTY, I was all "Fine by me!"

FP3134.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I have no idea where this fear is suppose to come from. XD

One day in their youth, Shining Armor added WAY too much cheese to one and it exploded causing Twilight's mane to get covered and she needed a haircut which has left her traumatized ever since.

• Brohoof 5

For all of the laughs, Pinkie narrating, and Twilight being afraid of quesadillas I will give this a 9/10, the one thing it was missing was a clear moral

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Much better than last week's episode!

It's great to see more areas explored. First the Griffins and now the Yaks. I'm not sure on how to feel about the Yaks themselves. They kept getting mad and destroying things in spite of the others trying to make them feel welcomed a trait that bugged me greatly.

It was great to see Cherry Jubilee again and Pinkie's journey towards Yakyakistan was fun to watch. I have to say that baby Yak looked adorable!

Oh did this episode deliver on the crazy-nervous expressions! It wouldn't surprise me if one of them become a meme at some point.

Lastly, Pinkie never ceases to amaze on the interesting life she lives. I certainly wasn't expressive that party basement with all the files she had on everyone.

Edited by Kevin
  • Brohoof 3

One day in their youth, Shining Armor added WAY too much cheese to one and it exploded causing Twilight's mane to get covered and she needed a haircut which has left her traumatized ever since.

My god. This headcanon makes too much sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQPaBVYTQk

• Brohoof 2

This episode almost made me "yak" at the absurdities...

Im not a big Pinky Pie fan but even i went ??WTF?? at the party cave. Explaines a lot though. That and Cherries Jubalee....;)

Other then that it was,,, okay

At least Rarity got in a few lines but i wont really be happy with any episode until she gets one

• Brohoof 3

So... Yakyakistan is so far north that no one has ever reached it, yet it's also possible to get there in less than an afternoon, with a big portion of the trip being done on foot?

I didn't really like that episode. The yaks smashing everything got old quick. I'm also not sure how many people will get to apply the episode's moral in real life. If you're inviting an Asian friend to a party, you don't need to serve only Asian food?

The little yak was pretty cute though.

Tbf I could go to my uncle russel's house in less than an afternoon, but no one has ever reached it.

I really liked it. The yaks were really annoying, but aside from that interesting world building, returning minor characters, and Pinkie Pie was just delightful. It's everything I could ask for and more in a Pinkie episode.

This episode almost made me "yak" at the absurdities...

Im not a big Pinky Pie fan but even i went ??WTF?? at the party cave. Explaines a lot though. That and Cherries Jubalee.... ;)

Other then that it was,,, okay

At least Rarity got in a few lines but i wont really be happy with any episode until she gets one

She did get an episode I think it was "Rarity takes to Manehatten" or something of the sort

Yak's: WE DECLARE WAR!!!

Celestia: This is Discord, have fun.

Discord: Well I just think it is great that you decided to come visit me Yaks! This is going to be great fun!

Didn't really care for this one much. 

I must have missed something: why exactly was making friends with the yaks so important in the first place? If they could legitimately declare war over such laughable reasoning, I'd say just leave them the hell alone. If they are so un-open to adapting to another culture, then why bother at all? 

Pinkie definitely made the episode, though, no doubt about that. I am absolutely stunned by how much of a turnaround she has been making this season. She's really reverting back to the Pinkie I used to love. Just hope it keeps up.  :)

I'm surprised as all hell to see Twilight's neuroticism make a return, and for a full episode no less. I'd honestly thought we'd seen the last of that. 

• Brohoof 3