Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do You Sleep?

Lilly14

What is this "sleep" you speak of? :3

But actually, I usually just have my closed until I get tired, and I never remember having any dreams, which might mean I have nightmares all the time... Or at least that's what I've heard... :/ Not saying it's a fact. And I'm too lazy to research. ^ω^

How do i sleep?

Well first i lie down.. then i close my eyes (that's the hard part..) then i wait a while and try my hardest to stop thinking about anything..

If by some miracle i manage to do all 3 for a while, i sleep :P

I can't sleep unless the covers are over my head!

Lol, i can't do that.. the heat of my breath and the lack of fresh air keeps me awake when i try that xD Edited by AURAequine

Like a truly refined gent, I'll take you through the step-by-step process:

1. Get really tired and almost crash of exhaustion, maybe have a pointless coffee which you will regret later.

2. Stumble into your half-assed made bed and try to catch some Zzz.

3. Roll around until you're comfortable, creating tomorrow's fashion of really bad hair.

4. Drift into a pleasant dream you are having

5. Regret having the coffee

6. You're now conscious that you're dreaming, hence not sleeping.

7. Get annoyed

8. Fall asleep

This all happens in the span of 7-15 mins! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I usually have a lot of trouble falling asleep so I watch some minecraft videos and then turn it off when I'm ready so I can put my phone on the table for my alarm.

I have to have a cold room or a fan on me, no socks, a thin blanket, my stuffties so I can cuddle with my other arm. I used to sleep on the most souper comfy position, but can't now because of my conch piercing.

• 3 years later...

Since I last posted on this topic almost 4 years ago, I might as well give a bit of an update.  My sleep has improved greatly!  Still, if it weren't for my meds, I'd still wake up every so often.  Since I've started exercising, it hasn't taken so long for me to actually fall asleep unlike two months ago where it took me hours to fall asleep.  I've stopped grinding my teeth in my sleep too!!

40 minutes ago, Bas said:

@Thuja Which meds are you taking?

I take Quetiapien/Seroquel for the night. 87.5mg atm.

I have heard a story about someone making a coffee and drinking it while he was asleep, although he couldn't remember the next day.

The med that I take that helps with sleep is Olanzapine(10mg at night), Seroquel never really helped me unfortunately.

I generally don't have any trouble sleeping, but I will have one of those nights where my mind doesn't want to sleep. :P

I do tend to stay up too late, but it's hard adhering to a fixed sleep schedule especially with my hobby in amateur astronomy.

I have actually a good sleep, but I often nned some time to fall asleep (usually a hour, but sometimes more than this). When i sleep, I usually sleep trough the whole time (sometimes, I wake up when the neighbour dogs starts to bark at 6 AM, but not always). My only real problem is that I often sleep to short, especially under the week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It takes a while for me to fall asleep and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, but apart from that my sleeping is generally fine :P 

• 2 years later...

Pretty well, most nights. I like a cool, dark room; preferably with some mild ambient noise - and I always sleep on my back with no socks on (I have no idea why, but when trying to sleep I become hyper-aware of anything touching my feet). I can't fall asleep on my side or front unless I'm absolutely exhausted.

• Brohoof 2