• DJ Pon-3
    • Dr. Hooves
    • Berry Punch
    • Sweetie Drops(Bon Bon)
    • Lyra Heartstrings
    • Neon Lights
    • Octavia Melody

(edited)

So I'm looking for some first hoof information on a project I'm working on. I'd like to know which of the ponies you think has the best color scheme in MLP. If possible please add a comment explaining why you chose who you did, especially if you chose "Other."

Thanks in advance and happy polling!

Note: This is not a "Best Pony" poll. Feel free to choose your favorite character, but please pick them because you believe they have the best color scheme.

Edit: Added Background Ponies

Edited by Sidon Aldermane
  • Brohoof 3

I have always loved purple and white. For years my outdoor Christmas tree has been a white tree with purple ornaments and lights. Think this

a_christmas_winter.jpg

So yeah, of the Mane Six my pick is actually my favorite character. The funny thing is that this is coincidence since I really did not like Rarity when I sampled the show back when it started. 

The supporting cast has quite a few I appreciate. I have a tie at the moment. I picked other because of that tie. 

4f3ca3ebaa57708518ab6fab97c76063.jpg

HcorMoV.png

• Brohoof 3

I've always found Rainbow Dash's colours very striking, but that's probably more due to the number of them (but I think that they work well with her blue coat).

As for the side characters, I had to go with other, because I'm just not sure - I've always found Roseluck's colour scheme is complimentary, Lyra's shades of green work well and Vinyl's electric blue in her mane works well. I also like the way Minuette's mane looks different depending on which side she is viewed from (although, that may be more a style choice other than a colour choice).

So in short, I'm very undecided and probably not much help :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash all the way.  B)

As far as supporting characters go, Roseluck's colors are much like my OC's, but my favorite two are Thunderlane and Cloud Chaser. Cloud Chaser's colors are really whimsical, which I think compliment her spiky mane style well. I love Thunderlane's black coat and striking hair color.

As much as I love Pinkie Pie... 

I think the character with the best color scheme is Lyra. I love that minty green she has. 

(edited)

Damn color schemes my one true weakness! 

Honestly I can't choose they all have decent color schemes that fit them well. (I mean for the Mane 6 and supporting characters. I'm not going out of my way to look through all the background color schemes, I do have to eat and sleep after all) 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 2

Among the mane 6: I've always liked Fluttershy's color scheme for some reason.

I like Pinkie Pie's too, pink being my favorite color.

But where is Coco Pommel? She has the best color scheme ever...

At first I was upset that you didnt put Sunset Shimmer on here.

Then i realized its better you didnt, because it wouldnt be fair to not give everyone else a chance before she won 10/1

• Brohoof 2

Oh gosh, I love discussions about colour schemes. This will be so much fun to talk about!

My favourite is definitely Rarity. To be honest, I love all of the colour schemes of the Mane Six ponies, as each one of them fit their personalities well. But everything about Rare's colour scheme works. According to articles regarding colour psychology, many people associate purple with calmness and royalty, which are also associated with Rare. White is also a colour associated with purity and cleanliness, which are two more personality traits of hers. And the blue eyes and cutie mark are a nice touch too. I do hope to see more ponies with a colour scheme like Rarity's.

I'm also very fond of Coco Pommel's, Zecora's, Twilight Sparkle's, Rainbow Dash's and Octavia's colour schemes.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity, Scootaloo, and Octavia. Scootaloo's colours clash a little, but I still think they suit and I kinda like the way they don't quite fit together that well. Rarity's colours just work. They look good together, and they fit her personality so well. I've always loved that shade of purple, too. As for Octavia... Just look. Those colours work perfectly together :)

Out of the mane 6 I like Twilight's color scheme the best.

Then Luna is the supporting character who I think looks the best (I really like her shades of blue)

Lastly Berry Punch is the background pony (of the options on the poll) who I like the color scheme the most out of.

In my opinion, Fluttershy's colors work so well together. What other pony do you see with pastel yellow? Like Rainbow Dash, she also has her own color scheme that makes her individual.

BUT I must say Cadance has the BEST overall in my opinion. Her hair colors work so well with her pink.. The different colors stand out and compliment her eye shape and color. :love:

Mane6: Rarity. Love the contrast with the white coat and deep mane/tail color.

Supporting: Cadence. Love the contrast with the white  coat and deep mane/tail color.

Background: Vinyl Scratch (Stage name DJ Pon3). Love the contrast with the white coat and deep mane/tail color.

Second runner up in Background: Lyra Heartstrings because adorable, and minty.

Edited by Sapphire Lightning

Fluttershy's colors are very complementary I find.

Meanwhile, Luna's varying shades of deep blue (my favorite color) are very calm and relaxing in tone.

I agree. I really like the dark blue and black of Luna

Main character: Dashie. Her mane is a rainbow, and her coat is the blue sky

Secondary: Luna. Her colors screams, beautiful night

Background: Lyra. She's cute, period