Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is love

Cold Start

What is love? Baby don't hurt me..........................................................

Dont hurt me, no more.

Love is an irrational feeling, it cant be controlled and is both the best and worst feeling you can experience.

• Brohoof 2

Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.

It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science.

• Brohoof 16

Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed.

It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science.

Mane, you said what I was gonna say, and then said it better!

I'll say my part anyway. C8H11NO2+C10H12N2O+C43H66N12O12S2

The brain stops producing this ~6 months into falling in love.

Edited by SugarfootWillie
  • Brohoof 1

Love, to me, is more an action than a feeling. If you have an attraction to someone and feel "in love" with them, then that is infatuation. Nothing wrong with it, it's good to find your partner attractive, heck it's essential. But to me, love is when you put someone else's needs above your own. So, if you say you love someone, then you have to prove it to them. Love is making a personal sacrifice, whether that be free time, opportunities at work or something along those lines, for the benefit of another person :)

• Brohoof 1

You are officially my new favorite user xD
  • Brohoof 1

, this thread seems like a bunch of random fun that doesn't seem to fit any other subsection, so I'll go ahead and toss this to the forum lounge. :)

Something that makes you happy and sad at the same time~! <3 ;) ^^ You want something, and it makes you feel the worst pain~ ^.^

It can make you stay in bed for a long time, wishing and not eating, one mistake is the end. Sometimes you'll feel betrayed or frustrated, also sad, when no one understands you and take it in a wrong way. It makes you believe numerous things~ ;~; ;)

Edited by Simonsuo ^.^
  • Brohoof 1

Love is an irrational feeling, it cant be controlled and is both the best and worst feeling you can experience.

I could easily shitpost some witty meme in this thread, but I'm not in the mood tonight. 

Instead, I'll post a drawn-out, boring post about my feelings. The individual in question I'm discussing shall remain anonymous.

First and foremost, your quote there is one of the best short descriptions of romantic love I've ever seen in my entire life.

I don't know if I'd say I'm in "love" with someone right now, because it takes quite a lot for me to say that about someone in a romantic way. But right now I have romantic feelings toward someone that are stronger than any I've felt before. I've also come to understand more clearly over the past year or so what kind of woman I'm attracted to, and as a result realizing how many situations in the past were mere infatuations. But this is different. The person I have feelings for, I considered her in that way through a more refined lens than ever in regard to what I do and don't like about someone in general and as a friend, and more specifically as a woman, romantically. She hits all the right marks, and then some. I never thought I'd meet anyone like her, especially given how much I can tend toward pessimism about the world and humanity. Hell, if everyone was as shitty as I am I'd never have met someone like her.

So there's the "best" part. Finding someone like this.

And the "worst" part? How I'm not good enough for her, and never will be. Seriously, I fucking suck. Anyone who actually knows me knows how filled my life is with sin, vice, and various forms of malice, fallacy, and wrongdoing. And I'm sure anyone who didn't know me could infer this from the vast majority of my posts on this website. Not to mention my insecurity, so fear of what she thinks of me now, or what she would think of me if she had complete, unfiltered access to my life and mind, often consumes me and drains my happiness. This is no one's fault but my own, and while I've tried many different things to try to avoid this most of them don't work. 

I suppose such is the nature of these feelings, at least for someone as broken and fucked up as I am. It's hard to have the joy without the pain, because I can't hide from myself, my bad decisions, or my fear.

• Brohoof 5

What is love? Baby don't hurt me..........................................................

.....Don't hurt me no more

I don't know why you're not there

I give you my love, but you don't care

So what is right?

And what is wrong?

Gimme a sign

Edited by RainbowPastel

• 2 weeks later...

Love is when you know there's one last cookie in the cupboard, and you know when you get home it will still be there for you untouched

Or at least I hope that's how it works, or else I'll be locking my cookie jar >:T

• Brohoof 3