Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you play an instrument?

North

Back in the day I used to play trumpet, but I do not any more. I may pick it up again sometime, but not anytime soon.

I've also thought about the guitar, I'd like to learn some pieces from the STALKER games.

Also thought about accordion, but that's mostly to play Serbia Strong

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Still no. I've got a 12 string acoustic guitar that I can't play. If I had a 6 string, I'd try to get back into it. 12 strings are terrible to learn on. Even if I did have a 6 string, that doesn't necessarily mean I'd have the patience to learn how to play it.

I currently play the trumpet and a bit of piano. When I was younger, I used to play the viola. I plan on picking it up again someday. I've also done a bit of percussion in the past. I might get more into that in the future.

• Brohoof 1

*raises hand* Is mayonnaise an instrument?...

No? oh okay...

LOL I hope I'm the first to make that reference! :lol: But no, I don't play an instrument. I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, though. ^-^

Edited by Jaxsie
  • Brohoof 1

Yes I play bass and have also started getting into the ukulele!  :P

Haha it's awesome someone already said that! I'm adding guitars to that!

I'm rocking a Brice HXB 406 fretless, Dean Edge active 4, Lanikai LU 21c, Oscar-Schmidt spanish guitar, and a hand-built Super Stratocaster.

• Brohoof 1

I personally am a multi-instrumentalist, as I play the 'ukulele and piano (and recorder, if you consider that a note-worthy skill!).

What do you play?

lol I play the recorder as well. It totally counts xD. I also play the drums semi-professionally.

lol I play the recorder as well. It totally counts xD.

It totally does! It isn't too hard to find recorder in music from the Baroque era. I'm not sure what happened to it where it got its reputation today (and I feel like I should know this) but it is kind of sad. Nevertheless, professional wooden recorders are still being manufactured so anyone who enjoys playing it might like to get one of those instead of the plastic ones they use in elementary schools.

• 2 weeks later...

I own an electric guitar - a Squier Jazzmaster. Unfortunately, even though I've had it for 3 months already, I'm just as bad as on week 2. I just don't practice playing anywhere as often as I should.

On an unrelated note, I'm positively amazed by the amount of cellists here - I love to listen to cello music, but I've read it's very difficult to learn. You rock, guys!

sig-4152364.029f931802f33da9e44ba7017391

Ok, jokes aside, Yes I do play a few instruments.

I play the Piano, Harpsichord, Accordion, Cello (my favourite of the strings), and have messed around with the Ocarina.

My younger brother plays the Bagpipes

I have noticed a lack of brony bagpipe music. Perhaps your brother can fill this void?
  • Brohoof 1

I still play my Bb clarinet and alto sax. Pretty much still a woodwind band geek, nothing's really changed. I also play piano and flute but I'm less adept at it.

sig-4152364.029f931802f33da9e44ba7017391

Ok, jokes aside, Yes I do play a few instruments.

I play the Piano, Harpsichord, Accordion, Cello (my favourite of the strings), and have messed around with the Ocarina.

My younger brother plays the Bagpipes

On an unrelated note, your username reminded me that I haven't been on that site in years!