Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you play an instrument?

North

Been playing drums for almost 10 years. Also can play bass guitar and piano with limits. Want to try Trombone in the future tho. :icwudt:

On 14-3-2018 at 2:21 PM, Misscellanio said:

Cue the spongebob references.

i play the drums!

Welcome at the drum corpse. :P jkv3c.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Yup! Back in middle school and high school I played the trombone for the honors band, which was alot of fun and a nice break from the monotony of normal, sit-down-shut-up-and-LEARN classes I had during the rest of the day, in addition to learning more about music and its composition, as well as being exposed to classical music composers and pieces!

While that was the extent of my formal music education, however, I also play the guitar as well as a bit of piano. I have 2 guitars, a pretty standard Fender Stratocaster for just jamming on, and an Ibanez 7-string for when I'm playing or trying to learn metal songs. As for piano, I can't say I'm particularly great at it, but it helps with learning music theory as well as the fact that knowledge of piano can pretty much be translated to any other instrument. I used to record little demos/short clips of whatever riff or song ideas I had, running them through computer software and programming some drums, bass, and occasionally some rough vocals and MIDI synth stuff but finding the time to do it gets harder and harder!

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

I once tried learning the violin, but I gave it up out of courtesy to my family, the neighbors and neighborhood pets.

I can make farting sounds with my armpits though, does that count? :rarity:  

• Brohoof 1

I used to play that annoying plastic flaute back in middle school, but I've never actually played any other instrument, even if I would have enjoyed (and still would enjoy) that!

I'd like to start taking saxophone or banjo lessons this summer, but I still have to decide whether to do that or taking singing lessons (people tell me I'd be good at lyrical singing, since I have a pretty deep and strong voice, and, coincidence, it's just the type of singing I'd love to do!).

• 1 year later...

I used to play the clarinet a lot but since I can't get my hands on more reeds I can't really play it right now.  It's the same clarinet I had in high school but didn't play it for a while after that, I would like to but I don't think it's wise playing with old reeds.  I can also pick at piano a little bit too.

I’ve always played trombone and learned euphonium (taught myself the fingerings). I sort of can play guitar. Inexperienced but know how the instrument works. Just need the technique... I’ll finger the frets in the air when I hear a song to try to build that muscle memory.

I play the piano. I used to take lessons, but due to school commits, I've stopped doing them. I don't plan on taking lessons in the future at this stage. However, I do play and self-teach MLP songs for my enjoyment.

• Brohoof 3

Yes and no. Do I play an instrument? Yes, a few, occasionally (or perhaps "rarely" is a better word). Do I play an instrument well? Not at all. ^_^

I had a small toy keyboard for a long time when I was younger. Nothing big, 22 keys, 37 if you count the black keys. Now I have a full size 88 key one, though I still only play rarely and am not all that good. I took guitar lessons once and occasionally try my hand at the harmonica, flute, and kazoo (Hush! The kazoo counts!).

1 hour ago, Jon C said:

No, I wish I did. I think it's too late for me now in my early 20s though.

lol. I recently decided to try and learn keyboard - picked up some courses on humble bundle, bought a midi keyboard. I can't even remember as far back as being 20 :)

I used to be pretty good at saxophone (bari, specifically), but I started losing interest ever since I graduated high school and have barely touched mine in the past year or so. I can also play euphonium / baritone and tuba, but not very well. I also used to be able to play piano back in elementary school.

I've been wanting to learn how to play guitar recently, mostly just for jokes I want to pull at conventions. I'll probably buy a cheap piece of garbage from Amazon, then get something good when I can actually play and can afford it. Probably an Ibanez.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...