Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Am I the only one who likes the CMC's Cutie marks?

JeyWiz

A lot of people have been waiting for the golden moment when the Cutie Mark Crusaders discover their talents and receive their cutie marks. All of that finally happened this season in the episode "Crusaders of the Lost Mark". However, the appearance of the cutie marks they recieved disappointed a lot of fans. In my opinion, they could have been better, but I still think they're great. However some people act like it's the worst thing they've seen since alicorn Twilight. (I actually thought the idea of Twilight becoming a princess was great) Please guys, I can't possibly be the only one who likes the cutie marks. :(

Here they are: http://xebck.deviantart.com/art/CMC-Cutie-Marks-565358240

• Brohoof 7

Honestly, I like them and the sentiment.

Did they live up to the hype? Probably not.

Could they have? Unlikely.

Their central bit was their lack of cutie marks. Fans wanted them to finally discover themselves, when a lot of the fans felt they knew what they marks would be about. :) and those judgements of their character and current marks conflict a bit.

But, there's also something to be said about how they are tied together by fate now, which might only be shared in sentiment with the mane 6.

So there's that, and hype aside, I think they did well be resolving that. Could be better, but I liked out enough to not hate the cmc now, for sure. :)

• Brohoof 1

@

Hey there :) 

Since your topic talks about aspects from the show rather anything to do with the fandom in general, I have moved your topic to the appropriate section :)

I like them. To me, it pretty much ensures that they are soulbound to assist one another for the rest of their lives. Unless the changing cutie ,ark theory becomes cannon, which I doubt. It's a symbol of who you are.

My favorite is Scoots. Sweetie is in close second, and AB's is meh. Part of the apple family is just another apple.

• Brohoof 2

Please guys, I can't possibly be the only one who likes the cutie marks. :(

Well, you are not alone. I too like their cutie marks. Sure some don't, but a lot of people do. Their marks are very unique and definitely worth waiting for.

• Brohoof 3

I bloody love them they are so great! damn I love them nothing more i can say

I come up with more detail in this vid if you wish to watch.

• Brohoof 2

Well, you are not alone. I too like their cutie marks. Sure some don't, but a lot of people do. Their marks are very unique and definitely worth waiting for.

In that sense I agree, they are rare cutie marks, which I like.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the fact that Hasbro finally decided to push the CMC's development forward but I don't like their uniform Cutie Marks one bit.  It's a nice concept that binds the three of them together as a unit but I feel like 5 years worth of character individuality just got flushed down the drain.

What happened to Sweetie Belle's love of singing and Scootaloo's talent with her scooter?  I feel like the CMC's cutie marks bind them together but also keep them from standing out individually.  

• Brohoof 1

J. Brony, on 16 Nov 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:J. Brony, on 16 Nov 2015 - 9:43 PM, said:

I liked the fact that Hasbro finally decided to push the CMC's development forward but I don't like their uniform Cutie Marks one bit.  It's a nice concept that binds the three of them together as a unit but I feel like 5 years worth of character individuality just got flushed down the drain.

What happened to Sweetie Belle's love of singing and Scootaloo's talent with her scooter?  I feel like the CMC's cutie marks bind them together but also keep them from standing out individually.  

You do realize that Sweetie Belles QT-mark has a microphone on it right? And Scootalo has a lightning strike if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: Sweetie has a musical note, My bad.

Edited by Gentleman Cruki

You do realize that Sweetie Belles QT-mark has a microphone on it right? And Scootalo has a lightning strike if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: Sweetie has a musical note, My bad.

Yes, I am aware of that.  But none of the CMC were actually doing anything even remotely related to their talents at the time that they got their marks.  I realize that they can each still "discover" the meanings behind their individual markings later the same way that Diamond Tiara did.  But...I dunno, it still felt a little too conveniently timed to me.  

I guess that, like a lot of disappointed fans, my expectations got in the way.  I was hoping that Sweetie Belle would realize that becoming a singer whose songs would touch the hearts of others was her dream and earn her mark that way.  And that Scootaloo would just accept that she might never be able to fly like Rainbow Dash but could still feel the same exhilaration she does by performing stunts on her scooter.  I felt that such life lessons would make for some solid character-building amongst the CMC.

Also, to be quite honest, I'm really not all that keen on the designs of their matching cutie marks.  I liked these versions from previous incarnations of the characters much better and felt that they fit their personalities better.  And yes, I know Applebloom is a G4 exclusive pony and her mark is a fan creation.  

Edited by J. Brony

I personally like them and how they obtained them, and I honestly haven't seen many people who disliked them. But I suppose really the main problem is 'hype culture', where people get abnormally high expectations for something. Even though this is one of my favorite episodes of any TV show, I have to say that getting hype and expectations in the way isn't a good thing.

Honestly, I personally had literally no idea what their cutie marks would be, especially since they didn't discover them at first, but I'm satisfied with the outcome.

I friggin' LOVE their cutie marks!  :pinkie:

The marks do match what a lot of fans guessed they would be, but because of their matching styles, they can still be the Cutie Mark Crusaders! They can still go on adventures and be the team we've grown to love. Their marks were made to please the fans AND keep them true to who they are, who they were, and who they will still be. It's absolutely perfect.  :D

• Brohoof 1

Those cutie marks had a LOT of hype to hold up to... and I think they'll be up to the task, as long as Hasbro doesn't just wayside them because their original draw has ended.  I'd love to see them living up to those CMs; would make for some great episodes, I think.

NOTE: My Little Pony : Friendship Is Magic is the ONLY children's show that has made me weep openly; the 'Crusaders Of The Lost Mark' episode is responsible for the most tears I have ever shed over (what is supposedly) a kid's cartoon.  *blush*

EDIT: ... after the death of Optimus Prime in the original Transformers series, that is.  Yes, I'm THAT old.

No, because giving them cutie marks caused the CMC to be...DISBANDED. In other words, they stopped being friends and go their own separate ways. I liked them as Blank Flanks thank you very much. And that is my opinion.

I found out about them prior to watching the episode. During that time I very much disliked them. I thought they were tacky, lazy, and non-reflective of what(I felt at the time) their talents would be. But then I saw the episode.
It all suddenly made sense. Sure, they all had talents in their own areas. But what really made them great was when they came together to help solve problems. And it's through that true talent that I saw how important and interesting their cutie marks really are. So I quite like them now.

No, because giving them cutie marks caused the CMC to be...DISBANDED. In other words, they stopped being friends and go their own separate ways. I liked them as Blank Flanks thank you very much. And that is my opinion.

That doesn't make much sense. It was never even implied that they'd split up. In fact it's quite well supported that they'll stay together as the CmC. Only instead of looking for their own talents, they'll be helping other lost ponies in finding theirs.