Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Classic Video game?

Countess Coloratura

Pokemon Red and Pokemon Silver. There aren't any other games that held so much magic for me. Back then, the Internet was new to me and there were so many tall tales about catching Mew (Celebi in Silver) by pushing trucks and getting the GS ball and all that stuff. I loved exploring every part of those games to obtain those Pokemon. To this day I regret not pulling it off with Celebi. I caught Mew using the Mew glitch, but for Celebi I had to resort to using my Xploder.

I didnt played that much older Games, but my favorite more older games would be Worms, Worms Armageddon and World Party, which i played Hours and Hours as a Kid.  :love:

And Super Mario Bros 3 and World. And Pac-Attack was also really really great.  :)

If you like games such as Worms you should try Hogs of War. Haven't played it myself yet but seems like a very similar concept. You can get it off of Steam, I believe. Very low requirements since it was originally available in the PS1 era.

The Streets of Rage series, I guess.

I don't consider ps2 or anything of that era and newer to be "classic," they're not that old. Or am I just ancient compared to you people? Apparently a lot of people not much younger than me owned an Xbox 360 first and were "raised" on it.

I am older than you and I consider the PS2 classic now. It's 2 generations old, and almost 15 years old. People were calling NES "classic" in the PS2 era despite being around 15 years old as well. The other major difference is that the 360 and PS3 literally lasted 10 years, so it's one of the longest generations of gaming.

If we're counting the GCN era as well, then I suppose I can play it pretty straight with my favorites (I'm old).

Animal Crossing GCN

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Pokemon Crystal

Paper Mario/Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Seriously, if those are what we consider 'classic' now, I'm old. >.<

If you like games such as Worms you should try Hogs of War. Haven't played it myself yet but seems like a very similar concept. You can get it off of Steam, I believe. Very low requirements since it was originally available in the PS1 era.

I already played that game, but thanks for telling me anyways.^^

Here in Europe, it was released together with Worms in a 2 Games Pack, which i had.

Its a very fun 3D Worms like game, but actual 3D Worms Games like Worms 3D or Worms 4 Mayhem have just the better controls  and are way more fun.

It was a little hard to move with the Pigs and to shoot correctly and i couldnt beat the game, because it got a little bit to difficult for me.

But yes, Hogs of War can be also be considered one of my favorite classic video games, but i like Worms 3D more.

• 2 years later...

I will divide it up by console, and over more than one post (so I'm doing so). Otherwise, this would take at least an hour and would take up a whole page (as it's so hard not to mention a ton of them). So here's a top 6 list for the Nintendo 64 and the Gamecube (being that those were probably the consoles I played the most aside from the DS)

Nintendo 64

1. Super Mario 64 (Prefer the DS remake though)
  2. Banjo-Kazooie ( Played it  some at a convention last week, actually :D )
  3. Donkey Kong 64 
  4. Star Fox 64
  5. Bomberman Hero (It's a classic in its own right)
  6. Dr. Mario 64

Gamecube
  1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (The first game I remember ever playing somewhat competitively)
  2. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Best Mario Kart)
  3. Star Fox Assault (Not as classic as 64, but still classic, definitely)
  4. Pokémon XD
  5. Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  6. Animal Crossing 

Edited by Dusk Noire

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...