Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like ASMR?

AEDAZ

I didn't until recently. I don't get any of the sensations associated with it, but it just calms me down and helps me sleep.

Call me simple minded, but I kinda just like listening to the soft voice of a pretty female when I'm falling asleep....

I was just curious if anyone else here was really in to it. What reasons do you watch it, and do you actually feel anything from it?

Here's a favorite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC5ISZjBjrk

I'm pretty familiar with ASMR. I use it almost every night to go to sleep.

It really helps. Honestly. All I do is load up an ASMR YouTube video, put on my earbuds and eye mask, and lie down.

Within a few minutes, I'm out.

ASMR is a tried and true method of going to sleep or relaxing for me.

And yes. I like ASMR.

I had no idea this actually had a name. I am going to read up on it more. It's not only audio that triggers it with me. A light touch (NOT tickling or anything sexual) will give me the scalp tingling feeling noted in the definition I found online. Soft talking and gentle praise will get me all relaxed and feeling warm. I never tried it as a sleep method, but with me it would only be a short step into dreamland. I can even trigger the feelings sometimes myself, by concentrating on the memory of things that cause it for me. 

Now that I sound weird, it's off to bed with me.

I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up. It's...not for me. I hate the sound of whispering, and the non-vocal videos I found did absolutely nothing for me. So, in conclusion: no, I don't like ASMR.

I do and don't like it. The kissing and licking sounds.... They annoyed the crap out of me, as it sounded a lot like popping and water dripping. Now.... There was one thing..... It.... set me off. I was listening in, and she blew into the mic. Just over my right ear.The sound reverberated in my ear and shot me with a sharp, but nearly maddeningly pleasurable sensation. Instantly, I had to find one mostly of ear blowing. It.... Soothes me in a way only my closest companions know how, to my now flawed knowledge. Mother of god..... I was completely relaxed.....

• 4 years later...

Yes but not in an effort to feel goosebumps. I listen to audio role play ASMR instead.

I don't like it, it makes me cringe and makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.  For me, it's like nails on the chalkboard uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do not like ASMR - the "whispering" type is just annoying, the others are boring. I'd rather listen to some podcast or music when doing something instead of the ASMR videos.

Maybe I would feel something if I managed to stand listening to that for longer than a few seconds. Nah, I just stop the "ASMR" and put on some good tape or an informative podcast.

I like the electric ASMR with the vibrating buzzing noises and crackling and hair clipper sounds, gives me all the tingles. But not a fan of the whispering kissing licking stuff.

I remember back in 2013 finding out about a few people doing Mukbang videos and random scratching noises as white noise. Suddenly it blew up into a whole community.

I used to be deep in with the community once i got the equipment. ASMR is good for me when i need to focus or sleep. Its not good for anyone who wants to start a twitch channel though.

My content got stolen which left me sour so i left the community.