Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Favourite Animated film?

PonkiePoo

Its really quite awesome to see so many people have many interests in movies that I have. I've seen many of these films quite interesting knowing other share and interest in them :) Such a variety. 

• Brohoof 1

One of my top animated movies would be Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It's usually overlooked by other popular Studio Ghibli films but that movie help inspire James Cameron's Avatar which was another massive success. Next movies would be the likes of Pixar, some Dreamworks movies, and Some Disney ones. I used to like Ice Age but that franchise turn to crap so...that's about it.

I haven't play the original Final Fantasy 7 but watched Advent Children and I was blowed away be the stunning CGI + Tifa Lockhart...you know what I mean!

• Brohoof 1

Anything from Studio Ghibli, I saw Kiki's Delivery Service in Kyoto, my first trip to Japan, of course it was in subtitles, and I had to wait for the Disney dub, but I loved it, and then came Princess Mononoke, and I have been a fan of Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki ever since. However, I do have a favourite animated movie, that came out recently, it was spectacular, more significant that I hoped for, that movie is Zootopia. This movie is wonderful, the animation is top notch, from the character design to the architecture of the city of Zootopia, it is a beautiful city to look at, so appealing that you want it to be real, moreover, the leading characters Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde, are inspirational, the chemistry and close tidings, make them the best duo Disney has ever made, despite they are predator and prey mammals, they had quite similar goals and let downs, so as they came closer together, Judy and Nick came to trust and befriend each other, as they tried to solve the missing mammals case. Zootopia does have many elements of MLP in it, instead of magic Zootopia has technology, nevertheless, both stories have friendship, mystery, integrity, loyalty, and diversity, many of the good elements that made MLP good, I have seen Zootopia five times, it has superseded my expectations, and have become my favourite animated movie of all time, for I am happy to call myself a fan of Zootopia, and it has inspired me to be a better person, I have begun to draw Zootopia art and participate in the rising fandom, a testimony to the sublime writing Zootopia has, I will be a brony and a Zootopian for years to come, and I would not miss it for the world.

• Brohoof 2

Some great movies mentioned already but I'm going to go home with this one: Titan A.E.  :squee:

From 2000, but sums up so much that was right about the 90s. The music, the animation, and the sci-fi story all meshed perfectly for me.  :D

• Brohoof 4

Ok, Titan A.E. was awesome, yes. but another awesome movie that NOBODY appreciates much? Treasure Planet. Granted, the sailboats-in-space premise was pretty meh, BUT OMG THE SCENERY AND THE BACKGROUNDS AND THE MACHINERY AND ZOMGSPLODE

• Brohoof 5

Zootopia, no question. I was a bit biased, being a furry and all, but it's not just that that made me like it. The characters, the music, the jokes, the plot, the references. It was just really great.

• Brohoof 5

Ok, Titan A.E. was awesome, yes. but another awesome movie that NOBODY appreciates much? Treasure Planet. Granted, the sailboats-in-space premise was pretty meh, BUT OMG THE SCENERY AND THE BACKGROUNDS AND THE MACHINERY AND ZOMGSPLODE

I'm guilty of this too I'm afraid. Even though I'm a huge Disney fan, parks fanatic and shareholder. ..I've never seen Treasure Planet. I missed a lot of early 2000s Disney...I just saw Tarzan last year and really enjoyed that and think it's underrated. I slides give Treasure Planet a chance. :)

• Brohoof 1

Lego Movie is one of my favourite animated movies because of the plot line, stop motion and the Legos. And also there is even Lloyd/Green Ninja! And all the DC characters. The jokes were also great.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it is the movie Balto. I love the characters, the story and the animation. And besides, it is a movie about a wolf and wolves are my favorite animals. 

Other animation movies I really love are Lion King, Aladdin and Hercules. 

• Brohoof 1

Inside Out, How To Train Your Dragon, and Rio are my favourite standard animated films.

But, if we add anime into the mix then I can easily say Princess Mononoke, Wolf Children, Ponyo, and pretty much everything else made by Studio Ghibli - but especially the ones listed, I love them too much. x3

• Brohoof 1

The Emperor's New Groove is still one of my favorite animated film even to this day. I've seen that so many times yet i still laugh my head off. Close seconds include Aladdin, Inside Out, How To Train Your Dragon and Bionicle: The Mask of Light. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 3

For me, it is the movie Balto. I love the characters, the story and the animation. And besides, it is a movie about a wolf and wolves are my favorite animals. 

Other animation movies I really love are Lion King, Aladdin and Hercules. 

Not quite- Balto was a real life sled dog who ran Diphtheria serum from Anchorage to Nome. The real life Balto was a husky.

• Brohoof 1

The Lion King, hands down. That movie was such a huge part of my childhood and I still love it today. It's awesomely animated, has good music, some stunning visuals, and it has so many feels it's not even funny anymore. Honestly it stands alone on a very high pedestal for me.

• Brohoof 3

Persepolis, because of it's good light on the Iranians. True, the people were from a different era, but it's nice to have a movie, especially a cartoon movie, that doesn't mock or attack normal people living in Iran or Iraq (and half the time, she's in France). 

It managed to be both funny, dark, emotional and entertaining, especially with the whole, "Eye of the Tiger" scene and the documents of Marjane's travels (and what she learned). 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I would have to say "Howl's Moving Castle" or "When Marnie Was There"; both are magical and amazing and breathtaking. I'm planning on reading the original novels they were based on sooner or later.

My favorite movie would have to be the Toy Story trilogy. It was really interesting to see toys come to life when the owners aren't around. It also made me very appreciative on taking care of the plushies and figures that I have now.