Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Other Shows Do You Watch Besides My Little Pony?

Swit Swat

• 4 weeks later...

As of now I'm working my way through X-Files and Doctor Who, and Forever Knight is on my list.

As for stuff still airing. I'll watch House, Bones(this is my favorite of the crime shows), CSI, Law and Order, NCIS, ect when I happen to catch an episode on. I also like Ghost Hunters and it's various rip-offs and predecessors. 

I don't watch tv...I learned about MLP on the internet and that's how I get it.  I don't do hulu or Netflix either.  Haven't truely watched TV since I graduated high school.

However, I do download things I find online, mainly youtube. I also watch a great deal of anime, but it's hard to count them on this, because once they are done, I usually don't rewatch them. The only show I have seen well over a dozen times per episode is FIM. 

I hate tv, anything happening in "real life", such as Breaking Bad and Duck Dynasty (I only know about these and other shows because no one stops talking about them). Too many people want to model themselves after what they see on TV. Too many people think their relationships are to be the ideal that tv dramas present.  Too many people expect their lives to be as exciting as what's on tv. Too many people want to glitz and glam of high end fashions with their noses held up high towards people who don't follow suit (I am mainly talking about girls who follow female targeted shows and too often those women/girls have their heads so far stuck up their rear ends that they can't see what "reality" actually is).  I fell out of cartoon channels when Cartoon Network started showing "real life" shows, not cartoons, and cartoons between 2008-09 and beyond took the Spongebob Sqaurepants type of humor and replicated it.  Seriously, some of the most popular cartoons around rely on stupid humor. It was either that or children's shows that went the way of Dora the Explorer (interactively educational and making everyone older than 4 feel dumber than a doornail), with little inbetween. News channels...well they got so sickening in my eyes becuase it's about bad stuff and people fighting like little kids when it comes to politics. They also sideline the REAL news that is going on, the stuff that actually impacts people and instead op for covering trivial problems that everyone has a say on/about, but not many are really impacted.

Hence why I don't watch tv.....So yeah, other than stuff I can seek out and watch at my leisure (most of what I watch isn't on tv anyways), I ignore most American tv programs.

Edited by Treble Bolt

Lemme see, what have I been watching other than MLP recently? Canadian broadcasters aren't exactly the kindest when it comes to TV.

• Wander over Yonder (A must-watch for ANY fan of animation)
  • Littlest Pet Shop (Been meaning to catch up with S2)
  • Gravity Falls (Tragically I haven't watch the last few episodes of the first season)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (Just started Book 2 after a long hiatus)
  • NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles
  • Criminal Minds
  • Bones
  • Heartland
  • The Big Bang Theory (pretty much the only current comedy I'll accept)
  • The Walking Dead
  • Brohoof 1

Not many shows. I'll watch a bunch of cartoons on and off but that's about it. 

Though I did recently start watching South Park. At first I didn't think I'd like this show but after a few episodes I was hooked. It's in my opinion, one of the few long running cartoons that managed to keep its dignity throughout its run.

• Ed, Edd, n Eddy
  • Looney Tunes (Not the new crappy Looney Tunes show)
  • Breaking Bad
  • Shameless
  • Game of Thrones
  • Family Guy
  • Spongebob Squarepants (Old episodes)
  • Legend of Korra
  • Batman Beyond & Batman: The Animated Series

The list goes on, but I'm cutting it right there.

• Brohoof 1

The only shows I'm currently actively watching (besides MLP) are Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I'm not caught up with a single one of them (which is why I'm still actively watching Breaking Bad!). My friends keep on trying to get me into other shows like Supernatural, Doctor Who, Weeds, other stuff I can't remember...but I'm the slowest person ever when it comes to watching things. 

The Walking dead, Paranormal witness, and.... A few Misc. Animes I guess? Oh. I also enjoy watching jacked up kids shows like Adventure time and Gravity Falls with my younger sister. Though I would prefer MLP over any of these. I think the quality of TV shows has dropped significantly since the 90s. I remember Nickelodeon had all these amazing and funny cartoons but they gave it all up for that porous, yellow, annoying sponge!

Shows I loved as a kid:

CN:

-Scooby Doo

-Courage the Cowardly Dog

-Ed, Edd, n eddy

-Johnny Bravo

-Tom and Jerry

-Dexter's laboratory

-Kids next door

-Foster's home of imaginary friends

- (I had a SLIGHT liking for the power puff girls but that's because my sister wouldn't stop watching it)

Nickelodeon:

-Jimmy Neutron

-Catdog

-Hey Arnold

-Invader zim

-The OLD Fairly Odd Parents

(The newer episodes are just stupid with that dumb "Poof" baby, whether Tara Strong is in them or not)

-I enjoyed Avatar: The last airbender too. It was a little difficult to understand but it was original.

Even though Sonic X (4kids) sucked, I still liked watching that when I was younger. I hear that they are making a new sonic CGI for cartoon network. (I hope it isn't terrible!)

Edited by Judgement

• 9 months later...

Depends on how you mean. I'm always watching something but I haven't kept up with anything recent. I watch everything via DVD. Spongebob, That 70's Show, various anime, lots of cartoons from sixty or more years ago...

• Brohoof 1

I watch Doctor Who and a couple other cartoons, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I still watch it sometimes on Netflix 

• Brohoof 1

, me again :squee:. I've merged your thread with an older one for talking about other shows that we watch. Couldn't hurt to run a quick search before making threads in the future, to check if your idea is already a topic somewhere.

I also watch LoK, and am really excited to see how this season plays out :D. Finishing Gravity Falls is something I mean to do as well.

• Brohoof 1

MLP is the only show I watch. That and a bunch of YouTube videos.

Same goes for me (welp not exactly). Just add Adventure Time on that list and specify youtube channel to PewDiePie. That will become of my statement for shows other than MLP FIM.

• Brohoof 1