Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Live alone or live in a family?

gamecubeguy214

Life  

44 users have voted

1. 1. Live on your own or live with others?

• Live on my own
    • Live with family

I'm a very family-oriented person. I couldn't ever see myself living alone, and i've said to my parents a lot of times that even when I grow up I won't be living separated from them.

I'm not able to live alone, it would be to difficult for me as a disabled person. But even if I wouldn't be disabled I'd choose living with family, you have always someone who can motivate you or just make happy when you are sad. :)

Currently living with my parents. To live alone without being prepared means you're bound to become homeless in a matter of days or weeks, even if you're well-prepared for this. I mean, you'd run out of money to restock food and appliances (along with house maintenance), or even pay off an unpayable debt, or worse, get fired from the job because you kept waking up too late and miss the deadline for work one too many times. And that's from living alone, too.

Yeah... right when I'm in a position to move out, I'm gone. I prefer to be able to do what I want and set my own rules (and decorate things how I want) So when I grow up I definitely would love to live alone.

Loneliness doesn't really bother me. If I need to I'll just invite someone over.

• Brohoof 1

I'm around people more than I would like to be. I would enjoy tiem by myself, just to know I'm not bothering or inconveniencing anyone else, do what I want when I want, and genuine have a chance to miss having company. 

(edited)

I'm 25 and still live with my parents, I don't plan on changing that too soon. I don't see the point in wasting money on rent living on my own when there's a bedroom here for me. I get on with my parents really well. I know I'd get lonely on my own too.

I have a boyfriend who also lives with his mother. He's her carer as she has quite bad arthritis.

Honestly, the situation we're in now is going fine. 

Edited by Kayleigh

As of now I still continue to live with my family, though I would prefer to live alone because of how much stress I receive in the household and I don't want to keep living in that environment.

However, I wouldn't mind having a roommate, though I have to know them for a long time and have a close relationship with them, such as my best friend or my boyfriend.

Gosh I don't think I'd be able to live alone - I get spooked really easily at night by myself ahahha

Family it is! Until maybe I can move out with friends/a significant other.

I don't want to live with family, nor on my own. My best friend of 9+ years are planning on getting a small flat together as soon as we can move out. Its pretty awesome he's a brony too.

Even though I live with my family right now, I probably would still prefer to live alone because I really appreciate my own peace. And even if I didn't like to live completely alone, I could also live with a roommate. 

I wasn't sure which one I should vote for in this poll.

In general I enjoy my solitude, and I need breaks from even my closest and dearest friends. I need my Curl-up-with-my-Kindle-and-a-cup-of-tea-and-some-Bach time y'know? When I'm in the home I grew up in, I find I tend to get irritated by the antics of my parents every now and then. Small stuff really, but it bothers me. Like how I'll be reading a book and dad will non-stop keep talking to me despite the fact I pretty clearly am trying to read. Or blathering on about something he didn't like while I'm watching a TV Show. Yet when I go into the kitchen and quietly ask where mom went while he's listening to his podcast loudly enough to wake the dead, he yells at me.

Or how, because my father works at home, he often comes upstairs and knocks on my door to say hi. Which is nice, really. Except it happens far too often. An hour and a half is generally the longest period of time I'll go without interruption.

On the other hand, I live downstate with a friend who is basically family in every way but blood and we share a house all to ourselves for college. That works out great. Some days we won't even see each other because we're both locked away in our rooms, sometimes we'll have tea together or watch a movie, and nothing either of us does annoys the other. Well, except that that he doesn't keep the kitchen clean or do the dishes, but I don't give him hate for that because neither do I!  ^_^

So it's nice to live with a friend that's family, but I'd rather be alone than with live with my real family. Maybe sharing a house for 2 and a half years isn't enough time to really find out if you dislike living with someone, I don't know, but so far, those are my preferences.

Although I would like to point out, like many others here, no matter who I'm living with, I need my alone time.

• 2 years later...

I would never be happy living alone....then again, the independence would be really nice....:dash: But I don't really want kids either....or at least, not for a long time....so that's a tricky question for me. 

But, having a family of my own would still be better then living alone, so I choose family, I guess. 

Live with my family still. I just don't have a legitimated reason why I should move out. Why spent the money on my own housing bill when I can help pay the bill for the family?

• 1 year later...

I don’t want to ever live alone. I would rather live with family or a friend. I am too afraid to live alone :sealed:

• Brohoof 1