Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What character do you think is the absolute worst?

LHfunk

(edited)

I mean character from anything, whether it be game, book, movie, or TV show.

For me it's Umbridge in both the Harry Potter books and movie. She's a genuinely terrible person and nothing really bad happened to her because of it. She is easily one of the worst characters out there. The one thing the fifth movie got right was how horrible she was.  

So, who do you think is the worst character from anything?

EDIT: Ok, so a lot of you seem to be misunderstanding what I mean by "worst character". I mean a character that is a genuinely terrible person and has next to nothing redeemable about them. My above example, Umbridge, was just a horrible person and the worst thing that ever happened to her was that she was kidnapped by centaurs. Badly written or too perfect characters aren't the greatest, but they normally aren't meant to be a bad character. So, with that information, what character do you think is the worst?

Edited by LHfunk

for some reason i just dislike max from life is strange

it's mostly cause i hate "tumblr girls" and that's what max is

almost everything she says sounds like a phrase copied straight from tumblr

eeeeh

Light from Death Note. Apparently, Kira is a super-genius, a perfect actor and a wonderful son, all wrapped in a perfect package of can't-do-anything-wrong. He is far too perfect and to me it makes is so unlikable. L is close to this, but he at least has personality quirks that make him actually seem like a human being. The characters in that hsow are so badly done that I couldn't get past episode 19 or so.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's a difficult question..  But let's try anyway.  I haven't seen much of the reboot, so let's talk about the original version of Bubbles.  I hate her.  She reminds me of every annoying little kid I've had to deal with.  A spoiled brat who gets away with doing awful things, and then is treated like some saint just because one action they did bordered on nice.  You could argue that she's five, doesn't know any better and acts like the youngest but that makes me hate her even more.  I'm the youngest of my family, and even when I was five I was still told to be nice, to share and to be more polite.  She has no excuse, if Blossom and Buttercup can get scolded why can't she?

Of course, I also really hate Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto, especially in Shippuden.  He's a whiny brat who betrays his friends (who went on a life risking mission to convince him to come back), goes on a giant killing spree and throughout the whole thing blames other people for his mistakes when it turns out he shouldn't have done this or that.  I don't see why people try to act as if he's such a victim when Sasuke could've easily stopped at anytime and redeemed himself but noooooo, he had to be annoying.

Edited by greenflare

I gotta say, I really dislike Sakura Haruno from Naruto. I think that almost all fans of the anime can agree that she was rather annoying in the original series. Even after almost completeing Naruto Shippuden, I have seen very little improvement in her. While she has undeniably gotten much more physically stronger, she has not grown much in character. 

Back when I was really interested in Total Drama, Courtney was my all time favorite character.

However after the terrible terrible season in All Stars, her actions in that made this season version of her my least favorite character.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nice one XDDD What do you think he does before the cut to him? stands there and wait? BTW, you think he's Adrien's dad?

Probably so, especially given: (1) them sharing the same VA, (2) the events of "Simon Says," (3) Hawk's picture of Adrien's mom, and (4) Hawk's unmasked silhouette:

Civilian_Hawk_Moth_pic.png

Edited by A.V.

Depends on what you mean by "Absolute worst", are we talking absolutely deplorable story-wise or just poorly written/developed characters

Algus from Final Fantasy Tactics for the former, besides the fact that he's your typical "rich noble who thinks his status makes him above everyone else", he treats everyone like garbage, whines a lot, then betrays you and murders your best friend's sister in cold blood(and enjoys it no less)

For the latter.....I'm just gonna echo the two that said Sakura and Sasuke. Might as well throw Broly in there two, really shit villain and a really shit motivation. To this day I just call him steroid man, he is pretty fugly

(edited)

Villain!Sunset remains G4's lamest major villain, IMO: lame abilities, motivation, showdown, etc.

Hero!Sunset, however, remains arguably G4's greatest improvement, IMO: great abilities, motivations, showdowns, etc.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

MP:

Villain: Starlight, the backstory was kinda lame, and she wasn't even much of a threat in part 1! And that last minute redemption... wait. NO PUNISHMENT EITHER!? Oh come on MLP.

Hero: Rainbow Dash duhhhhhh (I'm completely biased :] ) 

• Brohoof 1

As far as pure evil goes, Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones has got to be near the top.  Murdering anyone from kings to pregnant women, raping people while their loved ones watch...

If you get stabbed, you got off easy.  

There is creativity, coldness, and cruelty in his methods.

---

No MLP character comes close to that, but I've been really dissatisfied with the wonderbolts.  

They are in a position to be role models, but they are consistently arrogant, disrespectful and worse.  Hazing rainbow to the point of tears, and then trying to justify it just ground my gears.  

I could see the wonderbolts improving though...Ramsey, he needs to be taken out or the suffering he causes will just be increased as his power expands.  

Jiemma from Fairy Tail, Guild Master for Sabertooth. This guy craves and demands power above all else, yet never seems to understand that power is more than brute strength, to the point that if anyone in his guild loses once, they are immediately kicked out. 

Then there's Jean Michel Roget from Yugioh Arc-v. Granted, the entire Synchro Dimension is chockfull of unlikeable people, but this guy takes the cake for how smug he is, believing himself to be the greatest thing ever and doing as he pleases whne in actuality he beyond pathetic and weak, which makes it all the more satisfying when all his plans fail and he suffers a Villainous Breakdown.

Tony Grafanello and Stella Zinman from How I Met Your Mother. These two are just horrible,and the movie Tony made was horrendous.

-Shelter-Island-Screencaps-how-i-met-you

• Brohoof 3

Hmm there is a lot of characters I dislike a lot, but if I had to choose one since the list would be very long I would have to choose Maria from Silent Hill 2 she does nothing for James except slow him down since she does not run at the speed of James, you have to constantly keep her safe if shes with you due to if she dies you die, she is way overly sexual to me, she has random freak outs when James leaves her alone and when in the hospital when you run down the corridor from Pyramid Head on hard mode when you have to shoot him to slow him down its like she purposely moves right in the way getting shot and killing you in the process so I hate her as a character.

The only TV show I watch on a regular basis is MLP. So I'll have to go with that.

In my opinion, Spitfire is a dissapointment. She's shown on multiple occasions to be incompetent (See: Rainbow Falls and Rarity Investigates (She didn't question and see how her mother was before going to get the cure. Or check a hospital. Or tell anyone where she was going. Or tell her mother where she was going. Wow, she really forgot to cover her bases there.) ) and conniving (See: Her treatment of Soarin in Rainbow Falls). Why the writers created her this way I don't know, as the captain of the Wonderbolts she had so much potential. Sad to see it squandered.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Paul from the Pokemon anime.

He's basically just a sociopathic, Up To Eleven ripoff of both Gary Oak and Lt. Surge... and unlike them, he pretty much remains largely unpunished and/or unredeemed to this very day.

I actually feel more sympathy for f***ing Ghetsis by comparison.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

It's got to be Daenerys. I've only seen clips of Game of Thrones and I could tell she's a terrible character and a terrible actress plays her. Just absolutely terrible.

She's actually a fairly complicated character, and it isn't easy to just dismiss her.

There's a lot of tension in her relationships, and in her decisions regarding her city.  I like that she's working so hard to end slavery, but she has not had clean hands doing so.  (disclaimer: i started watching in season 4)

As far as the acting goes, yeah, she's hit and miss.  Every once in awhile it's great, but not terribly interesting otherwise.