technology What kind of TV do you have?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

We have 4. Two 46", one is plasma and the other is LCD. Guess which one I would rather move around. The other two are 27", one I have, and my brother has the other. I don't use mine anymore since I got a 25" 1440p monitor last December. It's nice.

I have a 40 inch Samsung 1080p 120Hz Flatscreen, and a 24 inch Asus 1080p 144Hz 1ms DVI monitor for my PC.

Samsung 4k 55 inch curved LED over here - would have gotten a flat screen, but this particular panel was only available in curved. My bedroom TV is a 1080p 32 inch Panasonic LCD. 

*Insert deep, intelligent and witty signature here*

Ja7HCEX.png?1

I'm incredibly behind the times and have a 24" CRT with component hookups as my main TV. Why? Because I mostly only play older games, and they look like crap on modern displays.

For anything that needs an HD display, I just use a spare computer monitor with a DVI to HDMI adapter.

I own a 28" Insignia 1080p flatscreen in my room. I mostly use it for gaming and occasionally watching youtube videos on.

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

Mine is also a VIZIO 1080p Smart TV. I'm not sure of the exact size... It may also be 32 inch.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 3 TV's in the house. 2 in the living room and one in my bedroom

Living room: 60" Samsung 1080p on top of the entertainment center and a 1984 Zenith Space Command CRT below it.

Bedroom: 32" Hitachi CRT TV for classic video games. This set has component input, which produces an amazing picture.

Usually I just watch movies on my PC, I also have a small Trinitron TV next to my PC for testing IPTV STBs (and I sometimes watch a video tape or use it as a second monitor). I also have a big (150cm) plasma TV in another room with a good (stereo) sound system, but I usually watch it on special occasions or when I have some friends and we want to watch a movie.

Most of our TVs are CRTs.

The TV I used for my "modern" consoles (PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox One) is a 1080p Insignia, not sure about the exact model number or screen size, but for my older consoles (NES through GameCube) I have a Sharp CRT.

Plus if monitors count I also use an 24" AOC 24B1W1 (1920 x 1080) for my PC and Switch and a Samsung 1280x1024 monitor as my secondary, also for my PC.

Man my post here is outdated like crazy. :ButtercupLaugh:I've gone through a few different TV's since this, via upgrades and in one case a screen that was dying. I got a new TV after that and I love it. 55in Samsung 4K QLED gaming TV. It is a beastly beat and I got a 5 year Allstate Warranty to go with it. I feel very fortunate to have it. 

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have a CRT TV from the 80s (made by NEC), connected to a DVB-T decoder (it's the standard for terrestrial TV used in my country) through a modulator (it changes the signal to the kind that my old TV can use). Yes, I'm weird like that.

Edited by PawelS

On 2021-10-01 at 12:31 PM, Totally Winxed said:

I currently have a Sanyo 26 inch, and its a older model. Its not a smart TV, just a regular old fashion TV. 

quoting myself. I now live at my parents house, and we don't have traditional cable/satellite TV. Instead, we get only 3mbps unlimited internet, and I have a 32 in Hisense Smart TV.  I now stream my favorite channels live on Philo.