Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does your SO think about you being a pony fan?

Leave a Whisper

My boyfriend is very good about it. He has bought me ponies and once helped me get an expensive childhood grail.

He will listen when I'm talking about them, but he has his limits. Lol

He demands that I show him when I get new ones. Just wish he wouldn't tell me I should buy as many as I want, while insisting he can make space for them. -_-

He draws the line at watching though and I don't push him on that ever.

• Brohoof 2

My wife is a fan of various 'geek' related properties, and always appreciated my own tastes  (all but Star Wars ... but that is another tale for another time). With respect to pony, she has been completely ok with it, and has watched quite a few episodes with us (my teens are also huge fans). She does make amusing jokes here and there, calling some of my close friends here, "your pony people." When I first told her that my kids sucked me in to the fandom, it was via a text conversation - one I started after realizing I was humming Art of the Dress out of nowhere at work. 

Me: So when you see the kids, tell them they are grounded

Wife: What did they do now?

Me: They turned me into a Brony.

Wife: Ewwww 

The conversation continued into a world of silliness I shan't repeat.

She isn't a fan herself, but she understands the appeal and appreciates some of the quality of the episodes. She encouraged me to attend several conventions, and even championed my closer involvement in facilitating this place as a member of the staff - to the point that my decision to step down actually generated momentary disapproval from her. She recently joined the forum to boot. 

So yeah, she is cool with the Brony thing. img-25990-4-mHj3Xei.png

• Brohoof 6

My wife is more understanding than most. She called me out on enjoying the show as much as my kid early on. As long as I don't get obsessed and talk about it all the time, she's good. :D

In fact that was a large part of mentioning the forums and applying for staff was that it didn't take over my life (I can get ovsessive with my interests, but I feel pony has a very nice balance for me.) She even encouraged me to go to the local pony convention in NYC. I don't see "fly to Bronycon and spend all our money" levels of approval though.

Ironically, @@Jeric, my wife uses the phrase "your pony people" as well.

I'm not sure she knows how big a Rarity fan I am though, despite me showing her my avatar and all and beimg caught singing The Rules Of Rarity while washing dishes. :/

• Brohoof 7

I got my girlfriend into it.  B)  Of course I'm way more into it than she is but I'm still very happy that she watches it with me and likes to discuss it when there's new content.

• Brohoof 1

Well, my girlfriend is a Brony, so... I don't think she minds. :P

It's not her fandom like it is for me, but I can still geek it up with her about pony things. I had PLANNED on taking her to Everfree Northwest, but I have failed to find a job. :(

Once that changes, at least we can see the MLP movie together once it comes out.

• Brohoof 1

I "converted" my partner actually. There was a time when he thought pony fans were "weird" but I taught him about not being so judgmental of others and as we grew together he came to appreciate the series in the way that I do. I think it's improved his life in a way, and I am terribly pleased that I could provide him with something that improved his life in some small way  :rarity:

(edited)

He doesn't mind really, he is a BIG pony fan and an BIG pony RP fan as well. And he has about 5 times as many OCs as I do, so yeah :P

Gives me a snuggle buddy to watch the show with :P

Edited by Commander Tangent
  • Brohoof 1

she is interested enough to have watched about half a dozen on her own to see what the deal is.  

she thinks it's cute.  

good on ya for not forcing him to watch the show.

• Brohoof 3

My husband doesn't understand my love for the ponies! But even though he rolls his eyes and questions everything he is surprisingly okay with it. I have my blanket and plush and key chains and he just shakes his head and laughs every time he sees me snuggling or about ready to head out the door. 

• Brohoof 2

I do not have a significant other, but I do have a best friend, which is the closest I'll ever get because I want to stay single. He is OK with it, he knows I watch the show and he is a nice enough person to not mind. It's just that if I do what I plan to do to my room, which is put shelves on my wall and but a bunch of pony plushies and put them there, he may not want to enter my room because he hates MLP it seems.

• Brohoof 1

I'm single but, I am pretty sure that if I was in a relationship that something like this wouldn't come up very often, so I wouldn't have to worry about it very much.

• Brohoof 1

I AM FOREVER ALONE  :adorkable:  :(  :blush: !!! In all seriousness, I am glad that so many of your SO's are okay with you all being pony fans. After being in the fandom for over 4 years, i've come to realize that there is nothing wrong with being a fan of MLP. There are fans for just about anything and everything. Sports fans, anime fans, video game fans, you name it. MLP fans shouldn't be treated any different imo  :love:

• Brohoof 2

My fiancée got me into MLP in the first place. She's been a pegasister for as long as season one, and managed to get me into the show when I was 19.

Yeah, I know sometimes I just let her do these things to me, but give me a break! Shes taller than I am. I don't even come up to her nose in height.

• Brohoof 1

My boyfriend is chill with it. Then again he is a dweeb and loves anime so he doesn't judge. He has watched a bunch of episodes with me, though isn't into them. He just watches for me haha.

Literally the first conversation we had was on Pokemon. That's how we started talking lmao. So there you go. I'm dating a nerd. We're both nerds.

• Brohoof 1