Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you pursue a relationship with a copy of yourself?

Grepper

We might get along at points, but then we'd both want space, as we'd get sick of eachother and everyone else around us and just want alone time. We'd probably be friends w/ benefits. Maybe we'd have a relationship, where'd we occasionally meet and do things, live in the same house, but we'd probably be off doing our own things.  

I just thought about an old friend of mine, and realized HE WAS, what ive been talking about in here... let me elaborate.

when we first met, we visited our houses and met eachothers family...

his dad's responce, after introductions, "Oh god, not ANOTHER one..."

my grandfathers responce, after introductions, "Oh god, not ANOTHER one..."

and we grew to know eachothers thoughts, finishing sentences, and having compleat conversations without making a sound or much gesturing... as we called eachother "Brother from another mother", as we were kindred in thought, moral, and kindness...

i just had to tell you all this, so you know, you can be very intimate with someone, and not know them "physicaly"....

I think some commonality of interest is important in a relationship, but each party involved has to have something for just themselves as well.  As for having complete knowledge of my past experiences, what the heck would that leave us to talk about?

Someone a bit like me would be good, but this would be too much.

Incidentally, there is a little ditty on this exact topic that I read in a book of scientific essays years ago, this song was written by the late, great Isaac Asimov to the tune of the song 'Home on the Range'.  I can only remember the first verse off the top of my head but I managed to find a link to it.  http://members.tripod.com/~bardic_circle/aclone.htm

• Brohoof 2

Hell yes! I'm awesome! That's like asking if I love My Little Pony ahaa

Yep, I think I'm pretty awesome.

This person knows what I'm talking about XD

• Brohoof 2

You mean a clone? Hard to say, but assuming they were a female clone of myself, probably since it'd be great to be with someone who understands oneself, and who can understand you better than yourself?

(Well usually it's yourself)

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of the most pessimistic people out there, and when I'm stuck in an unsatisfactory situation, I can be a real monster at times. Dating myself would be the worst thing ever, for both of us. When not being a negative butt, one of the things I like in a relationship is emotional intimacy- sharing stories from our pasts, sharing secrets... none of that would be there because both our stories would be the same.

I wouldn't date myself in male or female form, However, if I bumped into my clone, I'd make sure to talk to them from time to time. Perhaps play a game online every now and then. I'd probably treat them like a sibling more than anything, tbh.

• Brohoof 1

No. Especially because this feels like a lost cause, pursuing a relationship with yourself feels like a reluctance to understand your own flaws and learning of anything new from your partner.

• 4 weeks later...

No. It would get boring, if it's a copy, it'd think exactly the same as you, so where's the interest if every thought is the same, might aswell be alone.

There was a Seinfeld episode about this and Jerry was naturally Squicked out by it. I got Squicked when a character with superficial similarities to my ponysona was shipped with a canon character.

Imagining this in real life would be absolutely Squicktastic. I don't even think I'd be comfortable knowing such a thing was alive.

I doubt it. It's one thing to have similar interests to get things rolling, but ultimately it would get boring because there are no surprises. Half the fun is learning what makes a person tick and learning about them as individuals. With all that out of the way there's not much to stimulate the mind. Differences as well as similarities make good chemistry between people. Where one has weaknesses and the other has strengths is what makes a couple work. Both are dependent on the other for completion. And yeah, you could bring up physical matters, but again, without complimenting each other based on what's on the inside, nothing else really works. 

In a relationship with a copy of myself? lmao never. I think that relationships work the best when you find someone who has something you like, that you don't have yourself. There would be nothing for me to get interested or curious about cause I already know everything about myself. Such a relationship would be both weird and boring as hell.

I'd do myself though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)