Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Season 6 really that bad?

St3venp

I actually really loved S6. I have no idea where the hate for it comes from.

Think it that way. Season 5 episodes are armor-piercing bullets, and Season 6 episodes are 00 bucks which are effective at human without armor and people in the fandom nowaday wear armors, really thick, the pellets that can hit their faces instead of center of mass are consider the best episode that season can offer :3 get my points? Based from some reviewers or friends i knew, they liked this season so this season isnt a miss, you are not alone :D it is still effective, only thick-skinned can endure the shotgun blast.
  • Brohoof 2

Think it that way. Season 5 episodes are armor-piercing bullets, and Season 6 episodes are 00 bucks which are effective at human without armor and people in the fandom nowaday wear armors, really thick, the pellets that can hit their faces instead of center of mass are consider the best episode that season can offer :3 get my points? Based from some reviewers or friends i knew, they liked this season so this season isnt a miss, you are not alone :D it is still effective, only thick-skinned can endure the shotgun blast.

This is THE BEST POST of the thread!

how is flutter butter one of the worst episodes!? its one of the best! who doesn't know someone like zephyr, and that song?? how can you say its the worst?

Zephyr. Personally, I love that episode, but I get where the hate comes from. If you really can't stand him then the episode will be ruined for you, simple as that. I was willing to look past his bad behavior because first, he was kind of funny and charismatic, and second, it doesn't come out of nowhere. The parents are really cute and all, but the fact that FS had to learn to stand up for them says a lot about how their childhood was like, so I understand why he'd turn out to be like that. I understand, not justify, he was still a selfish immature jerk and that's why some people can't stand the episode, and they have a good reason.

Zephyr. Personally, I love that episode, but I get where the hate comes from. If you really can't stand him then the episode will be ruined for you, simple as that. I was willing to look past his bad behavior because first, he was kind of funny and charismatic, and second, it doesn't come out of nowhere. The parents are really cute and all, but the fact that FS had to learn to stand up for them says a lot about how their childhood was like, so I understand why he'd turn out to be like that. I understand, not justify, he was still a selfish immature jerk and that's why some people can't stand the episode, and they have a good reason.

People with high disgust factors just think about the world differently. 

I thought this was an awesome season(besides the chrystalling and that applejack episode). That finale was awesome, and I'm glad that they got rid of the letters. I saw this one thing that says that the episodes should be thought provoking.....FFS THIS IS A KIDS SHOW.

I thought this was an awesome season(besides the chrystalling and that applejack episode). That finale was awesome, and I'm glad that they got rid of the letters. I saw this one thing that says that the episodes should be thought provoking.....FFS THIS IS A KIDS SHOW.

WHY do some people keep using this arguement to try to ward off things that would improve the show. It's not even related at all. Children deserve quality entertainment.

It's a kids show, so why does it need to be appealing to anyone else? Well, why does it have to have quality writing and good music. Why shouldnt it be like thomas the train. 

How does the fact that children are a demographic of viewers prohibit having thought provoking episodes

Edited by trademark2

I didn't get nealry as much enjoyment out of the episodes as I did from season five, that's for sure. 

But I don't think I could honestly say the season was bad. Plus that finale had me on the edge of my freaking seat and begging for more, So.... In spite of my less the positive opinions of the change to the changelings, I'm still looking forward to more. 

And there's at least a few episodes I'll look forward to rewatching in the future. 

YES. YES.

ABSOLUTELY.

WHY?

fluttershy's new brother.

Z E P H Y R

I think it's a good philosophy in life to have a disgust factor of 0. If everyone had this, the world would be a much better place. The oppressive right, the authoritarian wing of the left, people hating bronies... all of it would just go away.

Instead of hating zephyr, one should try to understand him. His actual cutie mark maybe should be in getting others to do what he wants, as opposed to hairdressing :P. Zephyr stayed in character the whole time, and there was a backstory that explained his character too; during his childhood, he didn't have enough direction, and was able to get his parents to do everything, which translated to problems later in life. 

It also tied into real world people, there are many people like zephyr, who just will not apply themselves until they are homeless, and have to make a comeback. Theres many reasons for this, not just laziness. Objectively, there is nothing wrong with this episode. The song inspires me when I work on tough projects; starting really is the hardest part sometimes. 

Edited by trademark2

• 2 weeks later...

I got a lot of enjoyment out of Season 6. With the amazing Christmas episode that aired in May. As well as Saddle Row Review being my two favorites. There were a lot of great episodes that I enjoyed this season on a case by case basis

I mean, you can if you want, and i think they are thought provoking, but, i just wanted to remind the fandom that we were not a primary demographic

Just think thought provoking stuffs are bonus, silliness is mandatory ;). Why jugde a kid show so harsh when it just act like a kid show? Just like how you bash your kid's head whenever he play toys because you want him to be a grown up like you? ;}

When your kids can do math, praise him but if he just act like silly normal kid, blame his ages lol

In overview, I'd say this season had ups and downs in my opinion. As of now, I'd say it's either 4th or 5th for me out of 6. Here are all of the episodes and my opinion of them categorized by "Good, Bad, or Decent"

Good: 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 26 (13/26)

Bad: 1, 2, 4, 14, 23 (5/26)   

Decent: 3, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, 21, 22 (8/26)

It did get off to a bleak start (I put three of the first four in the "Bad" category), but I feel like by episode 5 it was back on the right track, though there were still plenty of hiccups. Cart Before the Ponies felt like a complete disappointment, and Where the Apple Lies was hard to watch for me, as Big Mac's characterization in the flashbacks makes him seem like a completely different person, definitely in a bad way. Also, the Zephyr Breeze episode was almost put into bad because of how annoying Zephyr was until the end. Though I rank the Finale among the likes of the finales of last season. They seem to have been getting them right for a while since*cough cough* S3's horrid finale *cough cough*

So yeah pretty mediocre for an MLP season but certainly not bad.

I think it's a good philosophy in life to have a disgust factor of 0. If everyone had this, the world would be a much better place. The oppressive right, the authoritarian wing of the left, people hating bronies... all of it would just go away.

Instead of hating zephyr, one should try to understand him. His actual cutie mark maybe should be in getting others to do what he wants, as opposed to hairdressing :P. Zephyr stayed in character the whole time, and there was a backstory that explained his character too; during his childhood, he didn't have enough direction, and was able to get his parents to do everything, which translated to problems later in life. 

It also tied into real world people, there are many people like zephyr, who just will not apply themselves until they are homeless, and have to make a comeback. Theres many reasons for this, not just laziness. Objectively, there is nothing wrong with this episode. The song inspires me when I work on tough projects; starting really is the hardest part sometimes. 

You have never heard of Fascism or rightist extremism (Absurdly COMMON today) have you? -_-

Edited by TwillyFSniper

In overview, I'd say this season had ups and downs in my opinion. As of now, I'd say it's either 4th or 5th for me out of 6. Here are all of the episodes and my opinion of them categorized by "Good, Bad, or Decent"

Good: 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 26 (13/26)

Bad: 1, 2, 4, 14, 23 (5/26)   

Decent: 3, 7, 9, 11, 15, 19, 21, 22 (8/26)

It did get off to a bleak start (I put three of the first four in the "Bad" category), but I feel like by episode 5 it was back on the right track, though there were still plenty of hiccups. Cart Before the Ponies felt like a complete disappointment, and Where the Apple Lies was hard to watch for me, as Big Mac's characterization in the flashbacks makes him seem like a completely different person, definitely in a bad way. Also, the Zephyr Breeze episode was almost put into bad because of how annoying Zephyr was until the end. Though I rank the Finale among the likes of the finales of last season. They seem to have been getting them right for a while since*cough cough* S3's horrid finale *cough cough*

So yeah pretty mediocre for an MLP season but certainly not bad.

You have never heard of Fascism or rightist extremism (Absurdly COMMON today) have you? -_-

What!? I LOVED season 3's finale! whaaaat!? I would rank them... 3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 5 (I still loved all of them though)

I don't know what your reply means, i condemned both extremes. But both extremes happen because people can't see the other sides point of view, and hold their own opinion in such regard that they think anyone that doesn't share their ideology is automatically a racist, or automatically a horrible person, or whatever. I'm not sure in how much detail I should go here, I don't think were supposed to talk about politics. 

Edited by trademark2

What!? I LOVED season 3's finale! whaaaat!? I would rank them... 3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 5 (I still loved all of them though)

I don't know what your reply means, i condemned both extremes. But both extremes happen because people can't see the other sides point of view, and hold their own opinion in such regard that they think anyone that doesn't share their ideology is automatically a racist, or automatically a horrible person, or whatever. I'm not sure in how much detail I should go here, I don't think were supposed to talk about politics. 

For me S3's finale was a complete nightmare and easily the worst of the series (of mostly great finales), but you're entitled to your opinion. I would probably rank them 4 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 2 >>>> 3. I just couldn't stand the music at all, and I felt like Hasbro could have easily done away with (what I thought to be) the confusingly incoherent plot that was everywhere at once.

Oh I didn't see the condemnation of the right... I guess I'm so used to the buffoons who watch Fox News every day because they are all over.  This wasn't a political thread, so we probably weren't. At least it's a relief you didn't say anything stupid.

I thought it was pretty decent. Nothing spectacular, and I miss Twilight's antics as a student. Now she acts kind of hoity-toity (I'm princess, I'm always cool and never fazed.....) princess mode, and by gosh darn it, WHY DID THE WRITERS MAKE THOSE AWESOME CHANGELINGS INTO RAINBOW COLORED DEER/BUTTERFLIES?

There. I'm done.   :orly:

I agree that Season 6 was fair enough -- that is, for most Mane Six ponies. Rarity needed some major roles in the early parts of the season (like The Saddle Row Review and The Gift of the Maud Pie) because she didn't have any in the first half of Season 5. Rainbow Dash needed a lot too because she was falling behind in late Season 5 and in the first part of Season 6). And Applejack did pretty well herself, mostly in the second half.

Only unfair thing about this season I know is that Pinkie and Fluttershy both weren't very lucky. They lost at least two valuable episodes that featured most of the other ponies, like Applejack's Day Off and The Cart Before the Ponies. They could've at least made cameos in those episodes, but the writers just didn't want it that way. But hey, at least they both got a major role in one episode (Buckball Season).

I'm sure Season 7 will allow them more appearances than this one. 7, after all, is the lucky number.

I agree that Season 6 was fair enough -- that is, for most Mane Six ponies. Rarity needed some major roles in the early parts of the season (like The Saddle Row Review and The Gift of the Maud Pie) because she didn't have any in the first half of Season 5. Rainbow Dash needed a lot too because she was falling behind in late Season 5 and in the first part of Season 6). And Applejack did pretty well herself, mostly in the second half.

Only unfair thing about this season I know is that Pinkie and Fluttershy both weren't very lucky. They lost at least two valuable episodes that featured most of the other ponies, like Applejack's Day Off and The Cart Before the Ponies. They could've at least made cameos in those episodes, but the writers just didn't want it that way. But hey, at least they both got a major role in one episode (Buckball Season).

I'm sure Season 7 will allow them more appearances than this one. 7, after all, is the lucky number.

I hope you're right about season 7 being the lucky number! I mean, I did enjoy season 6 alot even if 6 is considered the unlucky single digit, then season 7 should be no problem whatsoever! :D

If you have a constant hard on for the mane 6 to be the center of everything all the time, than yes, it was the worst thing since un sliced cheese that is always stuck together.

If you like seeing side characters grow and develop alongside the main cast, it was a great season.

And really s6 is SO similar to season 2 the only thing keeping people from saying they are on par is rose tinted specs.

• Brohoof 1

And really s6 is SO similar to season 2 the only thing keeping people from saying they are on par is rose tinted specs.

How so? I liked season 6 but I experienced it as having a lot of significant differences from season 2.