Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greatest things to happen to you in 2016?

catnet

Like the title says x3 For me, quite a few things come to mind-

~Exploring the lovely little park nearby for the first time, and feeling a lot of peace and appreciation for life the more I stayed around it

~Getting to give my girlfriend something personal for her birthday; I was kinda worried beforehand I might not be able to beat what I did last year, so it was a relief to figure something out that she got to enjoy ^-^

~Realising there's a lot more vids from Vinesauce that I genuinely enjoy, because now I essentially have hours more entertainment available to me almost daily x3;;

~While it's not fully conquered, I feel like my shyness has decreased a ton since last year, plus I don't get into long periods (days) of keeping to myself anymore : D

~This year brought my attention to a LOT of music that I love to the point of looping them for hours D:

And possibly some other stuff I might be forgetting~ How about for you guys? avatar_2144_1346959937.gif

• Brohoof 1

This is quite a nice topic since I'm tired of seeing 2016 as the worst year ever. Well, here are some things I can recall:

~I visited one of the archipelagos' islands of my country, São Miguel. It's absolutely gorgeous and very peaceful since it's in the middle of nowhere and the people are quite nice too.

dsc_1565b1.jpg

~My best friend sent me the best gift ever, a pony plushy of my OC. I adore her <3
~A family member of mine seems to be completely cured of cancer and I couldn't be more thankful.

~I fell in love. Not sure if this is exactly a good thing as I feel we're not meant to be, but being in love still makes me endlessly happy.

~I got a lot more money for my birthday and Christmas than I ever expected!!

Can't recall anything else at this moment but all these were amazing in their own right.

• Brohoof 4

-I found MLP.

-Found MLPF and made 2 friends on from it.

-Had my first full time job.

-Bought an awesome gramophone.

-Made it through my first semester at University and I'm still alive. 

• Brohoof 1

- Graduated high school (There are some annoying people out there...)

- Grandma moved out (now I don't have to deal with living with her on a daily basis)

- Gained a little bit of independence. (I do mean a LITTLE bit) 

I can't really think of anything else even somewhat positive that really happened to me this year. It's been a completely awful year and I'll be glad when it's over. Though I'm not sure 2017 will be much better... In fact, it's already seeming like it will be off to a completely horrible start.

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1

What I thought would be devastating ended up anything but. My family's planned move to Texas (which was in the works for two years) didn't work out due to lack of jobs, but my daughter's new school here for kindergarten has ended up amazing. She has made some great friends and is doing amazing. She's reading at a 2nd grade level, has been student of the month, and I cannot be more proud of her.

• Brohoof 5

I like seeing a positive thread like this! It's refreshing. :) Here are several upsides to the year for me:

-Graduating college

-Getting a job that I enjoy

-Meeting some amazing people and getting closer to those I already knew :3

-Growing in strength and wisdom after handling adverse situations

• Brohoof 6

Well, I'm not living on the streets yet. So there's another year where that didn't happen. One day though.

Well, I hope it doesn't.

Speaking of, I finally got my own house just this past week. Slept on my own bed for the first time since March.

• Brohoof 1

- I got into the Souls series this year, which has given me hours upon hours of both frustration and enjoyment.

- I finally came out as Asexual to my parents, who were fully supportive. Considering I was afraid of how they would react for the longest time, this was a huge relief to me.

- I got over my writer's block and wrote several fanfics this year.

- I started therapy for my mental illness.

• Brohoof 2

Moving only twice this past year.
Both places were better than prior.
Job change to something much much better than before.

Leaving another forum that was toxic to me ^^;

• Brohoof 1

~I got over my ex. Finally.

~I had a successful audition and recital

~I quit my overnight job and went back to school

~I got a dog I love very much.

I think that's the most concise I have ever put anything, ever. lol

• Brohoof 2

Greatest things 

I got to go to California and be at a Christian conference for 15 hours!!! it was the best time and I got to see a little more of Cali. (also ATE real mexican food)

Made it to a year and a half with my BF ^.^

My sister and I finally got our own place.

We got our building back so I can keep volunteering

Made a new friend  

• Brohoof 1

You mean this thread say "Greatest things that happen to you in 2016?".

So here are my greatest things that happen this year:

• On board the airplane that is longer than the original 747 length that I flown since 2009 and also the Airbus A380 being the largest passenger airliner however I've never flown into that, the Boeing 777-300ER is longer than these two
  • Visited Russia (the first time) twice when moving on to Singapore in July and then moving back to Houston (my home city) in August with Singapore Airlines, because Russia is being the largest country in the world :)
  • Went to Vietnam and celebrated my birthday (7/28) over there :D:love:
  • Back in public school once again after 3 full school years in a private school from 2013 until 2016 from 8th to 10th grade "sophomore" (however I want 2 full school years (and 1 high school year) in a private school is enough from 2013 until 2015 from 8th to 9th grade "freshman" because I want 3 more school years in my old school district for 10th "sophomore", 11th "junior", and 12th grade "senior") :D:love:

Mines last year was:

• Visiting my old school district for their orchestra concert, I'm very happy to see them again including my old friends from my previous school in a few years  :D:love:
  • Joined the homeschool orchestra including I play with the band and the orchestra together called "Full Honor Orchestra" :D
Edited by Allen

The best things to happen to me in 2016 were finding a new line of work and meeting some new, amazing people at an anime convention. I am thrilled to have a decent income and to have been able to build a relationship with the mentioned individuals. The year as a whole wasn't amazing, but I can't really complain about it, either. 

• Brohoof 1

Here's all the greatest things that happened to me in 2016: 

1. I started learning to drive

2. I started my YouTube channel

3. My favorite NASCAR driver, Jimmie Johnson, made history by winning his seventh championship.

4. I became a more serious fish keeper

5. Hillary Clinton did not become president 

6. I joined MLP Forums

7. I got MOSTLY everything I wanted for Christmas xD

• Brohoof 1

I joined MLP Forums

The New Day (WWE) losing the Tag team Championship

I got amazing Stuffs for Christmas (Android Ellipsis 8 Tablet, Pokemon Moon, Super Mario Maker for 3DS and 3 for Miss Peregrine books)

There's a few greatest things that happened to me in 2016 that I forgot but that's all I could think for.