Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do countries beyond Equestria fare well?

ManaMinori

we know that the mane 6 are the guardians of Equestria, but what do you suppose happens in other countries beyond that? Yakyakistan? Jappony (or Neighppon)? Do outside territories have their own guardians that protect their lands? Are they peaceful without a team of their kind to protect from big bads? Do big bads even bother invading on countries outside of Equestria?

It seems to be hit or miss.  Yakyakistan, at least on the surface, seems to be a functioning society, even if it does have a much different culture than Equestria.  The Griffon Kingdom, on the other hand, is a failed state with no central government or infrastructure.

• Brohoof 4

Griffonstone has seen better days though they may have started reversing their fortunes while Yakyakistan does appear to be stable despite the cold climate. The Dragon Kingdom... that one is difficult to figure out since we didn't see much in the way of their society other than how they choose leaders.

It seems to be hit or miss. Yakyakistan, at least on the surface, seems to be a functioning society, even if it does have a much different culture than Equestria. The Griffon Kingdom, on the other hand, is a failed state with no central government or infrastructure.

but Griffinstone was within Equestria's borders. Hence the theme "explore Equestria". Yakyakistan, however, is not.

Equestria is Sweden Yes, griffons are V4 shitlords, dragons are the great crony capitalist state of Russia, the rest of the ungulates are Non-Alignment credit beggars, and it's still early.

daw, i would like to know more about beyond equestria officially.

i think theres a lot of dessert wastelands but also some beautiful regions.

and that equestria is the most green, rich ,and advanced area in the world. wich makes a kinda sad and post-apocaliptic world and i dont like that, but thats what i think from the little we have seen from beyond  :sunny:

Griffonstone, like others have said, is in really bad shape. We haven't seen Yakyakistan beyond its gates, but if it has a prince, it must have a functioning society. As for beyond, say, the Lunar Sea, well, we don't know about that. Maybe there's a kingdom beyond the Lunar Sea.

Like any other "realm" I am sure they have their own issues as well as their own notable heroes and villains.

All the places either part of Equestria, or in such close proximity to it as to more or less be part of it seem to just use the mane 6 for story purposes.

I like to imagine Equestria is just one small "land" on a much larger continent which is part of a much larger world.

All societies that show up in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are functioning in some way or another (except Griffonstone). Yakyakistan seems to be doing well with its own guardians and villains, as are the other nations.

Is the rest of Equestria (the world) doing well?  Is Batman a transvestite? Who knows? Not really enough info to say. Is the Crystal Empire part of Eqestria (the nation)?  They seem to be doing the best (after all, they're being run by former Equestrians).  Gryffendor looks to be in total collapse, although they may be starting to recover (having had some help from Equestrians).  The Dragon Kingdom is doing OK (Equestrians just reorganized their government)

Is a pattern starting to emerge here?

• Brohoof 1

Seem slike unrest take hold.  Even parallels to real world life like in east Europe and like in Yugoslavia.  That is most interesting to me as member of ex Yugoslavia and of current Montenegro because patterns come where political division happens.

Show needs more info about other countries outside of immediate world of mane six.  I think show more interested to bring in more.  What about Yakyakistan?  I think this is interesting as tangential nature to Equestria.  How to make a division?  How to contact each other?  How the commerce, the policy, the relation?

• Brohoof 1

The other countries are in disarray because they lack friendship. It wasn't until the mane 6 outreached towards some of the other nations like Griffonstone and the Dragon Lands and in return, they found their own form of friendship.

I couldn't foresee how the other nations are holding up but one thing for sure though, Equestria is one of the better places.

• Brohoof 2