Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone like to watch the news?

zerox

Yes. But the news outlets I read are mostly credible and sited sources such as 

Brietbart, New York Post, and InfoWars.

I won't mention the mainstream news outlets because.....well you know

I use to watch it a lot growing up... then I realized it was bullshit, over exaggerated, and only covered stories they knew they'd make profit from. So no I don't, the closest thing I watch that's news is Scarce and his videos on YouTube every now and then.

I never used to watch the news when I was young but I started to around 2002 by watching the local news. I kept this up for a few years before moving onto CNN and CBC though I only watch either during the morning and maybe in the afternoon. I also watch CNN for their special programs such as the 60s, 70s, 80s, and soon the 90s because of the historical context involved. I've also been watching their History of Comedy.

I don't watch any news stations but I do read the WSJ and Le Figaro. They're both usually pretty objective though the WSJ op-ed section has gone to the right as of late. In general I don't trust free news sources which includes much of the MSM. They hardly do any real journalism anymore, paid news are almost always superior in quality and more objective. 

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not really. It's rather depressing tbh.

Just a reminder of how screwed up the world is, without reminding us how good it can be.

^Pretty much this.

When I do watch the news I do so mostly out of necessity instead of "wanting to".

• Brohoof 2

On 28/03/2017 at 2:44 PM, Nerdy Luigi said:

I can tell by the laughable claim that Nazism is left-wing (because it just isn't...)

Nazism is far-left. It's also far-right. Indeed, it doesn't really fit onto a traditional political spectrum like that at all. Also, communism and fascism aren't polar opposites. They're quite similar when put into practice.

On to the question- Do I like to watch the news? Yes. Do I like the coverage or the content? Of course not. The BBC these days is all left-wing nonsense. They had that trans-racial nutter Rachel Dolezal on and didn't even call into question her sanity. But they're more accountable than ITV or SKY news, and have stories other than "3 year old cat stuck up a tree in Telford" like channel 5. Really, if you own a TV in the UK you may as well watch the BBC, because you have to pay for it even if you don't watch it. And if they get caught lying there's normally a big fuss. Nothing comes of it, of course, but at least they admit they're wrong rather than digging their own graves like the US media. And there are a few good shows and presenters- Andrew Niel on the Daily Politics doesn't take shit from either the left or the right, he just harasses them until they buckle. had Nicola Sturgeon screaming over Scottish independence. Made my bloody day.

The media is going down the shitter, but there are a few journalists who haven't caved to fake news yet. And a few others with basic human decency and standards. Need to listen to those and let the rest fade into obscurity, writing articles for Buzzfeed.

• Brohoof 2

I don't watch the news, nor do I follow world events. I have no interest when news stations twist the facts around and paint a different and less factual picture. I don't want opinions presented as facts and I don't need to be depressed by things I have no control over. If there's anything I really need to know, I'll pick it up by word of mouth. That's how I've done it for years and it's worked for me. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

Sometime. But I just hate how in the "coming up next" have this interesting titles but turn out the news is not worth sharing to the world. Or when they report "updates" on politics or world issues when it's just old news but reworded differently. Or how reporters would tell the news in a cliche story aspect.

But I preferred reading descent  articles over watching news.

I watched the news occasionally, but that had nothing to with interest in the news, more because my stepdad was the news anchor and it's fun to see someone you know on national TV. Same goes for listening to news radio, which is what he currently does. Generally, I hear the news on my drive to work, and i get push notifications of big events on my smartphone.

• 11 months later...

I like to watch CNN and local news reporting media from time to time.

It depends on my mood. Local news tends to be about murders half the time, while national news is a tad too political. I love saying that I watched news on one channel and immediately get criticized or what-not for it because "that channel is too far left, too far right, or too in the middle to be a true source of news."

Real big turn off. Main news I rely on these days is NPR.

• Brohoof 3

I used to. Hardly ever anymore, though. I barely watch TV in general, but the news is especially annoying nowadays. I pay more attention to my local news than the news giants like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. I already didn't like them much, but the Trump Era and the lead up to the election ruined the mainstream news for me. I've been convinced that they care more about viewership than cold hard facts. I want to be informed, not merely opinionated.

• Brohoof 2

I used to be big into the news, but ive slowed down my consumption of it. The political atmosphere of late has gotten me down a bit; everything is just so polarizing these days and everyone wants to jam their agenda down your throat. So I just pay attention to major events and news related to my career.

Nope, I never do. All of the MSM outlets are absurdly biased one way or another. That and also, I couldn't anyways even if I wanted to. Doesn't really help that it's literally the same thing over and over again also. Hearing anybody talk about Trump or Hillary at this point is enough to make me not care, anyways.

• Brohoof 1