You are now the new ruler of equestria. what is the first thing that you will do?

Kalani.

Slowly begin to establish trade with other kingdoms, become everyone's 'Made in China'--bide my time until they're dependent on my kingdom, then claim rule over them--wage war if they disagree. :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

*the following process is mostly based on one of my OCs.*

First of all, creating a "school" on the study of all black magic sectors (necromancy, umbramancy...), then using those knowledge to make myself half-immortal (basically, I age at a slower rate, but I need new life essence to continue this), so I can start to create a kingdom surely more greater then Sombra's.

Second step, using the old Romans way: shattering a conquered land into smaller provinces and assigning someone to overwatch the activities. Of corse, this will take away some sleep, and paranoia will degrade my mind a bit, but it will not been a problem.

Bonus: this is my castle:

solitude_castle_by_legendary_memory-d7du Don't mind the monkey.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎3‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

@JonasDarkmane, @Steel Accord, @GunPla_NiNJa_4, @Thunderstreak, @Bastion, @Catsle, @P-Jay @Handsome Changeling, @Midnight_Aurora,  @CinnamonPop, @The_Gobo, @Panzy, @ScruffyTheStallion, and @FortyTwo42 shall kneel before their king, and fight to the death! The sole survivor shale rule along side me as my right hand.

Heyyyyy! I wanna kill people too! :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

I shall begin my long rule over the land by establishing a council of representatives who do noghting but bicker so I have a way for people to let out their fustrations while I take over other kingdoms. Once that is done I shall proclaim a new empire!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

What I do with the two sisters is up to them... but it also depends on how I achieve power.

If my ascendency is achieved by the skin of my teeth, and especially if I needed help, I'd be a lot more nervous. Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight and Starlight could catch me or my army off guard and depose me. I (Regent, the character I'm speaking as) am magically stunted. This makes me little better than an Earth Pony, therefore I rely on strategy and technology to make up and surpass the difference.

So for their sake, I hope they don't put up much of a fight. If they do, I'll have to get my hands dirty, and I don't really want that.

Edit: As for what I do:

1. Fund and focus on technological and scientific development.

2. End the policy of using magic to control the environment and the animals within it.

3. Take over the Crystal Empire proper, turning it into an incorporated city.

4. Integrate dragons into the pony society.

There's more. But I'll fill you in on the details in later.

Edited by Regent

I will establish a grand army of Equestria and rule as a communist dictator. Then I will send my army and an air force of pegasi to build myself a ruthless empire centered in the Crystal Empire. Gotta carry on Comrade Sombra's legacy!

I am not really sure what i would do as we haven't really gotten a lot of in depth information about the way Equestrian society is structured and what sort of policies it has. From what we can see on the surface it appears Equestria is a type of constitutional monarchy with a heavy emphasis on free enterprise and capitalism. I know i would make sure that the country had a well structured social safety net such as Social Security and subsidized healthcare, education and housing for families who need it as well as a progressive tax system but from what we can see i would be largely opposed to touching a lot of what is already established as it seems that whatever system the ponies have implemented seem to work quite well and that the majority of ponies are very socially driven with only a handful of the elite class being selfish, anti-social creatures so overall there doesn't seem to be a lot of need for reforms.

Whats also apparent and very impressive is the amount of genuine trust and respect that the citizens have for their government. Celestia appears to have nurtured a relationship with her people built on the foundations of trust and honesty and i know i would do everything i possibly could to maintain that unity. Whats also important is that Celestia seemed to be immune to corruption and bureaucratic nonsense. Big business and nobles have a hellish time trying to get a foothold inside the government and i would be steadfast in ensuring they know their place. 

I would probably like to focus on upping Equestria's defense spending. A millennium of peace i assume has turned the Equestrian Armed Forces into a pathetic bunch and it would be nice to see Equestria have an Army with actual offensive capabilities. Research into technology would also get a sizeable boost. Its time for Equestria to leave behind steam locomotives and other inferior designs and move onto developing the first combustion engine and diesel powered trains aswell as firearms for its armed forces. 

However the most important issue by far is modernizing all of Equestria. If there is one thing that is so blatant with Equestria is its poor infrastructure. Most of the country is connected by dirt roads and one way rail lines with small towns have little to no access too electricity. We can see with Manehatten that it is a very much a modern city. No wood structures with thatched roofs like is so apparent in rural towns. They actually have concrete structures, paved road ways, wide spread electricity, suspension bridges, etc. A very impressive city. I would be aiming for those standards for all of Equestria and if the combustion engine was perfected a first gen automobile would be possible and would pave the way for the first interstates and highways for the country. I would basically be trying to usher in the level of development the United States wen't through with its infrastructure  in the early 20th century. 

I would spread my evil over the land!  Let loose the most evil beings out of their jail!  Make every Tuesday: TACO TUESDAY!

• 8 months later...
On 5/4/2017 at 6:35 PM, Prospekt said:

Gotta carry on Comrade Sombra's legacy!

Don't forget to booby-trap TF out of everything.

That way, you can be a major threat even if you can't act directly, don't have available manpower, etc.

So I'm the ruler and Luna and Celestia are not? only way i could see that happening is Luna marrying me and Celestia retiring... not bad :P :orly:
I guess i would further equity between all races (not just the basic 3 ponies but batponies, griffin, changlings, deer and anything else that's sapient enough to be friends!)