Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your least favorite part about the Brony fandom.

Raven Drakeaurd

2 hours ago, Star Trail said:

Proclaiming in being "married" to a certain pony. 

You mean using the waifu in an unironic way? Yeah, that's pretty stupid :dry: 

• Brohoof 2

The ones who whine about stuff and demand what should be in the show or not, this is particularly the case with Starlight and how she should be cut from the show without giving her a chance or continue to have certain ships in the show particularly Appledash and Fluttermac. This isn't your show so don't complain if you don't get what you wanted.

• Brohoof 5

On 7/9/2017 at 6:31 AM, Tao said:

The reaction of the super fav fan when you say you don't like their favorite pony,  they just flip out like a druggy needing their crack rants in defending their cannon and etc....

I also dislike the converse of that: Being hated on just for liking a certain character. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

One thing I find cringeworthy in any fandom is when people fly off the handle if someone does not agree with them about some aspect of a show/film/other media/etc. It can also be irksome when fans want to engage in a full on debate/discussion about their ideas when the other person is not interested in doing so. I'd also say that it's off putting when people try to guilt trip/harass others to read their fanfics. Not everyone has the time for or interest in reading them. 

• Brohoof 1

Characters discussions. If you say you're not a fan of a character, you're just asking for an argument. 

Well my least favorite part about the Brony Fandom used to be the insane obsession people had for the characters and the *NSFW so censored* that used to be quite rampant and still has an unfortunate influence even to this day.

Good thing I favor no pony since I find them all looking the same by design.

*sarcasm* Yes I'm equinist. True Maverick for life *sarcasm* :lol:

10 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Characters discussions. If you say you're not a fan of a character, you're just asking for an argument. 

How do you mean? That they have no argument and just aren't a fan to get attention? :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Hierok said:

How do you mean? That they have no argument and just aren't a fan to get attention? :ooh:

Like I could say I really like the main cast except Starlight Glimmer, or really I could say except anyone, and the exception always tends to find that characters most devoted fans- en route to be personally offended that you don't like their favorite character.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Sunset Rose said:

Like I could say I really like the main cast except Starlight Glimmer, or really I could say except anyone, and the exception always tends to find that characters most devoted fans- en route to be personally defended that you don't like their favorite character.

Ah, I see. Yeah that can be very annoying. :grin:

On 4/21/2017 at 1:47 PM, Gestum said:

Well, the sense of moral superiority that a lot of people in the fandom have is pretty high up on the list. Also those who try to get others to watch the show by tricking them into beliving that the show is something else than what it really is.

I've always thought that the only thing all members of a fandom have in common is the most basic definition of that fandom; no more, no less.

• Brohoof 1

honestly it's the cloppers,I don't mean to offend anyone but they're one of the reasons why some people dislike us,because they assume that all of us do that and it's a bit awkward for some of the newer bronies who come into the fandom

People who can't stop talking about the show, i would hate it if i was just casually talking and someone just buts in and starts talking about MLP.

Honestly. Hating on anyone in the fandom. Seriously for a group about 'Love and Tolerance' we are VERY intolerant of one another.

Cloppers "Ewww they ruin the fandom" No. What ruins the fandom is people hating each other for trivial reasons like that. 

People who have Waifus. Let them do what they like it's their choice. Stop getting protective over cartoon ponies.

People with Alicorn OCs. "Oh that's mary sue ewww it is poorly made"

The list goes on. Just stick to the 'Love and Tolerance' or be another toxic Brony. 

On 08/08/2017 at 10:16 PM, Crystal Peppermint said:

'Love and Tolerance' can't believe people still believe in this.

Reveal hidden contents

Let's be honest. It's the message that should be sent but in reality we alienate one another, breed hate and spite each other. Very harsh community and it makes FnaF and Steven Universe look friendly. And yeah the Love and Tolerate tripe is... Well crap but it's better then "Wow these people are vile and should be retconned" Isn't it? Another example of how this community is dying.