Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Featherbangs tries to interfere with your OTP. What do you do?

KillerKingBakudan

Without getting too deep into spoiler territory, Featherbangs, from yesterday's Season 7 episode that aired in Canada, is an asshole. He prides himself so much in his looks, he seems to think he can have (or take) any mare that he wants. And he has only superficial beliefs about what they would want.

One evening, he decides to get drunk and look for some poor mare to pick up. He notices the two ponies in your OTP on a date, and as they're trying to enjoy themselves, this prick does everything he can to steal the most feminine partner (in case you're wondering, yes, he'll even mess with gay stallion ships; that's how drunk he is).

Your OTP ponies try to stave off his advances, but he's so persistent at it, they're convinced he's a total lunatic. He's made them feel like they're trapped in a psychological horror movie, and they're turning to you for help. What do you do?

3 hours ago, It's Starlight said:

I'll suggest to Starlight to remove his Cutie Mark, just once again to set him straight.

thats what I kept saying when watching the episode XD

I hate this guy, and if he ever interrupts my couplings, hes gonna get a roundhouse hoof kick to the face. just such a dick of a character

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know about you, but I would assume Vinyl and Rainbow Dash wouldn't want my help if they'd kicked his ass themselves.

I'd have to get Applejack to lasso him so I could hoist him up to a tree, make Pinkie stuff him full of candy, and invite Rainbow to beat the candy out of him like a pinata for trying to take her Vinyl. Lol.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

Well my OTP is Sunlight, so I don't think there is much to worry about, seeing how Sunset Shimmer is a powerful unicorn and Twilight is an alicorn princess, so the two of them could easily get rid of him using powerful magic.

I would go into his file system and put some items in there that make him say that he wants to drink septic waste. Then it would make him go the the nearest sower manhole and jump down it and swim in the septic waste. It would make everyone really happy as he just drunk other people's digestive waste. :)

Masked ponies with weapons are pretty intimidating, I'd just give him a few looks and maybe keep my hoof on my hilt and he might get the picture. If not another kill to my list wouldn't hurt anybody.... heh, just kidding... I don't kill innocents, I'd just freeze him in hollow ice.

I would punch him the face whether or not he messed with any OTPs, mine or otherwise.

He has a very punchable face. Especially right after he does the hair flip. It is like an nonverbal scream to strike this spot dead on.

• Brohoof 1

I think I'd have Twilight cast a want-it need-it spell to make him fall in love with... I dunno... a reflection of himself in a mirror? :P That'll keep him occupied. Let Soarin and Rainbow Dash have some PEACE.

(edited)

Convince him that there's a right way and wrong way to seek relationships. Most of the above members want to kill him, but I'd want to help him. Wanting a character to die simply because they interfere with your OTP is an awful thing to do! I personally don't believe in OTPs, just as long as the couple is happy together!

Besides, in spite of how bad the majority of episode was, the last few minutes where Feather Bangs reveals that despite entertaining fangirls, he's scared of speaking to them personally would have been much more interesting if he acted like a real, relatable person throughout the whole thing!

I don't hate him; I pity him for being written poorly. I would talk and relate to him, because I always pictured myself being a great storyteller of the classic Disney tales who'd bring entertainment and excitement to others, but IRL, I've always had a hard time socializing with others. In comparison to Zephyr Breeze, I related myself to Zephyr for 2/3rds of his episode, Flutter Brutter, as opposed to the last few minutes of Feather's episode when I could finally see a person worth helping!

One final comparison: to Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Both had fangirls fawning over them, but both had their eyes for a lady named Belle. In my opinion, apperance-wise, they both can be attractive. However, their differences are what makes Feather Bangs the better character to fall for.

Gaston was a hunter and town hero who saw his Belle as a hunting trophy to win. When Belle chose the Beast over him, he locked her away and seek to kill the Beast in revenge! In the end, he ends suffering a Disney Villain Death as krama punishment! What a horrible role model!

Feather Bangs saw Sugar Belle as cute and is able to wow her. But when she chose Big Mac over Feather Bangs, Feather was the better man and gracefully accepted her choice. He was disappointed, but not the jealous type and ends up being encouraged to learn how to speak to others socially. He started out as a bad role model, but see the errors of his ways, and is gently pushed to become a better pony.

TL;DR: I'd convince Feather Bangs to be a more social pony; Unlike Gaston, who becomes the metaphorical monster when his target refused to have him, Feather Bangs is a graceful loser who moves on when he's not chosen. Plus, I'm like him in we're good at entertaining others rather than socializing with others on a personal level. Feather's fate is better than Gaston's fate!

Edited by WiiGuy2014

19 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Convince him that there's a right way and wrong way to seek relationships. Most of the above members want to kill him, but I'd want to help him. Wanting a character to die simply because they interfere with your OTP is an awful thing to do! I personally don't believe in OTPs, just as long as the couple is happy together!

I don't know. He may not be a jerk all the time, but right now, he's awfully drunk. And if the mares in question (or stallions he perceives to be mares) feel like he wants to rape or possibly kill them, I don't think talking to him is going to do a whole lot of good.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ this is a dark thread. I don't have an OTP or anything, but in that situation I'd take him for a walk and make sure he cuts that shit out. No need to kill him guys.

48 minutes ago, Cash_In said:

Jesus Christ this is a dark thread. I don't have an OTP or anything, but in that situation I'd take him for a walk and make sure he cuts that shit out. No need to kill him guys.

Exactly. Wheter you find him obnoxious or not, it is completely unfair to him as the character to want him just because he gets in the way of Your One true pairing. I hate it when people have this kind of "die for our ship" attitude. It makes you look selfish only wanting it YOUR way rather than the mutual agreement of characters who are the ones in a possible relationship.

You don't control the characters love life. If they were real people they need to be the one to determine who they end up with, not somebody else.

People are ignoring the fact that in the end Feather Bangs realize that Sugar Belle has feelings for Big Macintosh and actually backed off once it's made perfectly clear to him that they're a official couple. Until that point at the end Feather bangs just thought that Big Mac and Sugar Belle are just friends and therefore Sugar Bells is open to woo.

There are people who actually wrote hurtful fanfictions where either Shining Armor or Princess Cadence are killed off just  because someone forcibly believes the other person is MEANT TO BE with someone else. It's very pathetic

The point: never take on a "Die for Our Ship" attitude because it just makes you look more selfish than the person you think is getting in the way of the one true pairing. Everybody in this  thread who claims that Feather Bangs should have been killed off had been a huge disappointment to me.

4 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Ugh, this guy was so obnoxious. I’d send him to counseling because he seriously needs it. Imagine what terrible things would happen if he hit up on ladies of this day and age…that’s all I’m gonna say. 

Yes, that's a much better reasonable answer than just outright killing the guy.

In real life you wouldn't kill someone just for having a crush on someone else, whether that someone else returns the feelings or not. Just tell the interfering person their crush is simply not into them. And if they won't listen, get a restraining order put on them, not a hit.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Exactly. Wheter you find him obnoxious or not, it is completely unfair to him as the character to want him just because he gets in the way of Your One true pairing. I hate it when people have this kind of "die for our ship" attitude. It makes you look selfish only wanting it YOUR way rather than the mutual agreement of characters who are the ones in a possible relationship.

Yeah, I can agree with that. In this scenario, I can understand stepping in forcefully because he's being obnoxious and ruining the evenings of others. Doing it for the sake of "He'll ruin my OTP" isn't really the right reason, if that makes any sense.