Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you feel bad when you kill

Zyrael

Sometimes.  Not so much if it's a mosquito, a midge or a clegg or something else that has actually attacked me to feast on my blood, they made their choice, and if comes down to me or them I'm going to pick me.  On the other hand, things like spiders or moths in my house I generally try to trap with the old glass and paper technique and evict them outside.  Beyond bugs I would generally never willing kill anything for no reason, but sometimes accidents happen, I remember once driving on the motorway and a bird flew out in front of me and I hit it, I felt terrible for ages after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2020-10-29 at 11:16 PM, Midnight Danny said:

I don't really kill anything like bugs, little spider or sth like that, apart from mosquitos. Really, mosquitos is veeeeeeeeery annoying to me especially during the night. :okiedokieloki:

I'm also really cautious and I don't kill anything. If bugs come in my apartment because I had window open then I even capture them and bring them out again. 

At least as long as  they don't attack me .. so Mosquitos are also an exception for me.

On 2020-10-30 at 1:20 AM, Bastian said:

If bugs didn't mess with me I wouldn't mess with them. :yeahno:

So I would also subscribe to this statement. We should talk more, my friend :D

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I feel very bad. :( So I only kill when I have to, like mosquitoes or other smaller insects that would lead to an infestation if left alive... Over than that, I even help animals. Like little flies who are drowning in a cup or toilet. It is very heartwarming when they recover and fly away from my finger. :kindness: I would even gladly become a vegan, if I wouldn't have allergies of all the meat alternatives. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

Usually, I try to avoid killing animals. The only exception is when the animal get really on my nerves (but even than, I usually try to get them out alive) or attack me (like a mosquito), than I kill them and I also don't feel bad after it (I mean, this is self defense in my opinion). When I accidentally kill an animal who did nothing bad, than I feel kinda bad.  

For mosquitoes: No. They are uncute parasites.

For spiders: Maybe, if they are cute.

For wasps: No. Why? What do you think?

For anything else: Yes.

For video game characters: No, they will come back after Game Over.

• Brohoof 1

It depends what it is. If it's an insect, I don't feel to bad, especially if it was in my house. I don't feel bad about spiders at all. Those things are demon spawn! I did hit a squirrel once while driving and felt really bad. Poor guy. :(

• 1 year later...

I like bugs. They’re interesting. I do not like to kill bugs unless they are harmful like mosquitoes If I don’t kill them they will continue to bite me.

I will take them outside or have someone else deal with it. I was actually taking care of a spiders web that a spider built inside where my gas cap is today. Put the little guy on a stick and set him in the yard.