Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel really guilty when you spend money on things you dont need?

Muffinnz

Do you feel really guilty when you spend money on things you dont need?

I do alot and right after I regret it because I feel like I could have used it on something more important

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

All the frickin time. I'm not exactly poor, but spend as little as possible, because I can spend a lot at any point. When I buy something, I am just tempted to sell it and get my money back. 

• Brohoof 1

It happens every now and then for me. When I want to purchase something, I try to ask myself if it is something I will use or even still want in the future. My mom will sometimes question my purchases but I try not to let her judgements influence me too much.

• Brohoof 3

Sometimes I do, yes. But in the end, if I had the extra money and it's not gonna cause me any issues I normally let the buyer's guilt pass and just enjoy whatever it is that I bought.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes. I've actually gotten somewhat better about managing my money lately. That doesn't mean I'm good at it, just that I don't experience buyer's remorse nearly as often.

Now if only I could apply that to my time management :unamused:

Occasionally! But when I stop and think about it, I realize I almost never buy myself anything. I’m not destitute, I have a little money stashed away. If you’re in a stable position in your life, there’s nothing wrong with spending a little on something that will make you smile.

• Brohoof 1

I generally budget my expenses and save a large chunk of my paycheck, so it's rare that I really regret purchasing things. Most of the time, I derive a lot of joy from the few things I buy, and that feeling is worth a lot, I think!

i used to, and the result was that i almost never got anything i wanted, because i would save for when there is something i'd really need, turns out you can do without most stuff, but where's the fun with that? so now i think about it a bit, but i buy stuff, and if i happen to not use them much, oh well..

Not really. I usually only spend money on things I know I need or I know I will like. Only time that didn't happen was when I bought a specific game but that was one time I can remember.

Sometimes, especially if I take from my savings (instead of waiting for the payday and/or saving specifically for that purpose) to buy it. Or if I buy something that I though I'd use a lot, but end up not using it that much, especially if the reason I don't use it a lot is because I did not do enough research and it turned out that the item I bought does not have some crucial feature.

I always feel bad when I waste money on anything, even if it’s inexpensive. Money is too valuable a commodity and it’s best to plan out every penny. If I see some loose change on the ground I pick it up, so I don’t throw it away either if I can help it.  

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

ehhh it kinda depends. If it's something I really want and will actually use, no I don't feel guilty. If it's more of a spur of the moment thing yeah I'll probably feel guilty because odds are it's something I'll never use. And I basically just let my "ooh shiny thing I want" lizard brain decide how I spend my money.

• Brohoof 1

I do, especially lately (and even moreso right now!) because I'm moving. I have low self-control and keep on spending money on frivolous things. Worst part of it? It's easy for me to justify it when thinking about how after I move I won't have much fun money at all, so... my mind goes like "You need this NOW!" but no, I don't!! I need to save money for the move!

• Brohoof 1

Not really, I like to buy things I like and usually when I spend on things, are clearance sale. I feel proud of myself for finding something nice for a good price. :proud:. When I want to buy something more expensive- I don’t really feel bad since it’s not often that I do. I’d treated it like I’m rewarding myself for not being a big spender. 

• Brohoof 1