Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you feel bad when you kill

Zyrael

36 minutes ago, Zyrael said:

when you accidentally crush a bug or some other creature, do you feel bad?

No. Fuck no. 

Q020CQI0FQX0FQ90Z0E0R0E0Q0E0JRKQQ0KQK0MQ

I see that in my house and it is dead, and I won't rest until its offspring is dead! 

Maybe with a ladybug I would feel guilty. But ants, mosquitoes, spiders, wasps ... hell no. Die! 

• Brohoof 6

Just now, Blue Diamond said:

Maybe with a ladybug I would feel guilty. 

I accidentally crushed a ladybug and I've felt bad all day :adorkable:

• Brohoof 4

Mostly not... I mean, most of the times I try not to kill any.

If the bug is just chilling there, minding its own business and generally not doing much, I'll either leave it alone or try to help it get outside with a piece of paper or something. Besides, I hate having to clean up the mess after crushing a big one like a roach. But as soon as the son of a gun goes insane and starts running around, flying at my face and trying to hide everywhere, I won't think twice before murdering it immediately. :angry:

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, Zyrael said:

when you accidentally crush a bug or some other creature, do you feel bad?

yeah. some annoying insects are less affects me, but i still feel that it isn't quite right... i mean everyone deserves to live and live happily, whoever it is imo.

• Brohoof 1

I always feel bad about it. I really dislike bugs, spiders in particular, but if I find one in my apartment and squish them, I feel kind of low. Everything just wants to live, and taking life in any capacity, no matter how seemingly insignificant, is unnatural and ultimately wrong. Life is never insignificant to the thing that loses it. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 6

It really depends. Outdoors, I try not to do such a thing unless it's trying to bite me. I will gladly slap the little bastard. Indoors, it depends. If it's a little roly poly, I usually catch it and toss it in the yard. If it's a fly, moth, or wasp, I get out the fly swatter every time. Same thing if it's a big spider... if it's a tiny one I usually let it go, if it's big I try to squish it.

• Brohoof 3

Rarely in case of bugs. I shrug it off when it accidental shortly afterwards, because it's next to impossible to avoid stepping on one. If it's on purpose, why I why I would feel bad for it? I did cry when I've fished some toad fishes when I was a kid, because they had too much spines. I've started crying when I've found out, because we killed and made suffer some poor fishies for nothing, and it doesn't helped by the fact that my aunt stepped on one by accident. It sounded like a squeaky toy, but I knew the poor fishy was screaming, and that broke me :(

• Brohoof 1

If it didn't mean me any harm then yes a bit but I do what I must trespassing is punishable by death, mosquitos however are an exception I kill them on sight regardless bees and wasps are fine so long as they leave me alone but if they sting for any reason I will exterminate them all no mercy 

18 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Outdoors, I try not to do such a thing unless it's trying to bite me.

This is a great distinction I forgot to make. Most bugs and I have a peace treaty of sorts when I am outside. I won't kill an outdoor bug unless it goes after me. Mosquitoes -- those bloody bastards never ratified the treaty. 

#dadjokequotareached

• Brohoof 4

I'm pretty much on a don't hurt me, I won't hurt you policy with animals. Harmless things like ladybugs or worms, I leave 'em alone. Bugs that can hurt like flies or mosquitoes, I leave 'em alone unless they hurt me. Bugs that get in the way like ants, I just release somewhere else. But if a fly starts going in my kitchen, or a mosquito bites me, I'll kill it. I'll feel a little remorse, and I'll wonder what it's swarm will think, but I get over it.

As for spiders, I run in the opposite direction as fast as possible and wait for someone to kill it. Not much remorse there.

And with any non-bugs, there's a ton of remorse. I've considered going vegetarian before (and actually did for a week) simply because I hate the idea that those poor animals are being killed to make my food. I absolutely hate it when people hunt or fish for fun. I went fishing once and caught a single fish, and I felt guilty for a month. Animal killing just isn't for me.

• Brohoof 3

Sometimes.  It depends.  I'm kinda with those folks that say, "Spiders and cockroaches in my home?  Die, f*cker, die."  But if it's a harmless or helpful insect outside, then I probably will feel bad.  When I was young....probably 10 or so, I was sitting on my sidewalk out front....this was a long time ago, in a different house than I live in now....anyway, I was sitting there, waiting for my mom to come out of the house to take me....somewhere, I forget, doesn't matter.  So, I saw a snail crawling across the sidewalk, and I absentmindedly grabbed a stout stick and squashed her.  I felt bad about it.  They're totally harmless.  I could have relocated her to the bushes.  That's where she was trying to go, anyway.  I don't know why I crushed her.  She wasn't bothering me.  I just did it without thinking, just for something to do.  I instantly regretted it.  It was over 20 years ago, and I still feel a little bad about it today.  It's a funny thing--just one of those memories that sticks with you.

Yes, I don't like killing anything. If there's every a huge bug or spider, I never have the heart to squish it. I usually put it outside or somewhere away from me.

• Brohoof 4

Bugs? No, they can die. 
Other animals, never killed anything beside bugs and some flowers. But I would never want to kill anything else, I would probably feel very bad for doing so. 

Yes, it's something I choose, by linking traumatic memories of my own with the event, to create a sympathetic link.

A reminder of my own vulnerability. I could decide otherwise, and feel absolutely nothing. But sentiency is a treasure.

One of the qualities to create an state of consciousness. And the key element for wisdom, by ancestral teachings.

Power without humanity, knowdlege without wisdom, degenerates rapidly. Wouldn't like to end up like my family.

• Brohoof 1

I usually try and veer away from killing insects and small creatures, but I don't feel bad when I do... Sounds kind of cold now that I think about it,

(edited)

Depends... if they got in by accident (bees, wasps, ladybugs, other outside dwelling bugs) or are spiders (I respect spiders a lot because they eat mosquitoes) I generally find a way to kick them out... if it's possibly local vermin, such as cockroaches (haven't had any yet but I did see the ocasional miriapode), or those little flies making my fresh parsley unedible, it's death and plotting for more death.

Also mosquitoes and flies.... death to mosqueetoes! As for flies, if I'm at my grandma's, I learned to catch them alive so I can feed them to chicken because they are bastards and earn their death by not letting me sleep :v

Edited by javaleen
  • Brohoof 1