Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If The Movie Gets a Sequel, What Should It Be About And How Should it Be Released?

bwrosas

Depending on the Outcome (Box Office Wise), I could see a 2nd Theatrical Film coming out of this.  However, if we were to be real here, I say the most realistic logical choice would be Direct to Video to release a sequel on.  

Now as far as a story goes, I could see a story were we "finally" could have a crossover between The Friendship is Magic Mane 6/7 and The Equestria Girls Mane 6/7, and find out the true connection between both worlds.

I could also see a story were we get a "Passing of the Torch" , were the Mane 6 would have to seek out those that they believe Can carry on the Elements of Harmony from them, along with the Rainbow Power.

I could also see a story were it Centers around the "Guardians of Harmony" line.

And Finally, I could see a story were we get the "Return of Tirek", who by using some kind of magic along with the Generation's take on the Witches from the G1 film, helps resurrect The Storm King.  And The Mane 6/7 have to come together with some new power bestowed upon them/or they have to unlock to try and stop this group of villains from destroying Equestria.

But those are just my thoughts on how I feel a sequel could be released and my thoughts/ideas on what kind of story we could get out of it.

But what about you, how do you think it could be released, and what kind of story do you think we could get as a result. 

And do you anyone agree my thoughts on the whole thing? Let me know down below.  

Thanks and God Bless -bwrosas

• Brohoof 2

Since this film isn't as dependent on Box Office receipts as some franchises, it's possible we will receive a sequel if this season sells some toys. ;)

I want to see the film first to assess what was done right and what could be improved. From what I can tell, they seem to have done a good job with original characters instead of pulling from the series, so if I like that element, I will likely say that should be continued. If not then by all means pull from ever shrinking villain pool. 

I'll pop in here Thursday and let you know. :)

• Brohoof 3

I could see them making more films if this movie is successful enough. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to end the series with another movie. I'd like it to surround Equestria's deeper mythos and explain what the Alicorns are. Maybe there could be a rouge Alicorn who feels entitled to Equestria and robbed by Luna/Celestia? The film would have some pretty poignant themes such as the Mane Six maturing and growing apart one another. Twilight will also be concerned about outliving her friends since Alicorns live much longer than regular ponies. She would feel conflicted between her commitment to her duties as a princess and remaining with her friends.

By the end of the film, the movie would jump decades ahead and show the Mane Six's children. These could be the main characters of the next generation of My Little Pony. I've already mentioned that the next generation should probably share the same universe as G4. But its cast is mostly comprised of new characters and it could maybe have a different art style.

On 02/10/2017 at 4:37 AM, Techno Universal said:

Yeah maybe it will be a movie that is like the final battle with a villain that could be the creator of all threats to equestria. Like if it was based off my theory of equestria it would literally be a dream come true! :)

I actually like the idea of a grand villain being responsible for all of MLP's antagonists. It would be pretty awesome if all of previous antagonists teamed up to fight that villain.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

I could see them making more films if this movie in successful enough. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to end the series with another movie. I'd like it to surround Equestria's deeper mythos and explain what the Alicorns are. Maybe there could be a rouge Alicorn who feels entitled to Equestria and robbed by Luna/Celestia? The film would have some pretty poignant themes such as the Mane Six maturing and growing apart one another. Twilight will also be concerned about outliving her friends since Alicorns live much longer than regular ponies. She would feel conflicted between her commitment to her duties as a princess and remaining with her friends.

By the end of the film, the movie would jump decades ahead and show the Mane Six's children. These could be the main characters of the next generation of My Little Pony. I've already mentioned that the next generation should probably share the same universe as G4. But its cast is mostly comprised of new characters and it could maybe have a different art style.

I actually like the idea of a grand villain being responsible for all of MLP's antagonists. It would be pretty awesome if all of previous antagonists teamed up to fight that villain.

Yeah it would be really awesome plus the storyline would maybe be based on my theory of MLP and there's a link to my theory in my signature! :)

I am hoping for Discord to be in the movie. It will show his past, his contribution to help the mane six, and a very emotional scene where he forgives all of equestrian after he was misunderstood that he betrayed them again when he didn't. He'll also decline the throne at the end, but there's also no doubt that Caper and the pirates will be in the sequel too. A bit more emotional material, as I think there will be near death scenes. 

On 10/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, Tiny Hoofs said:

I could see them making more films if this movie in successful enough. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to end the series with another movie. I'd like it to surround Equestria's deeper mythos and explain what the Alicorns are. Maybe there could be a rouge Alicorn who feels entitled to Equestria and robbed by Luna/Celestia? The film would have some pretty poignant themes such as the Mane Six maturing and growing apart one another. Twilight will also be concerned about outliving her friends since Alicorns live much longer than regular ponies. She would feel conflicted between her commitment to her duties as a princess and remaining with her friends.

I believe the children of harmony should be introduced and developed before they are introduced straight into the movie :huh: 

Whatever the film is, I would hope that threat isn't from the show unless we are talking a Direct-to-DVD movie. One of the issues reviewers have for the film, and one I can absolutely understand, is how baffling much of this can be unless you already know the basic structure of Equestria and FiM. Continuing plotlines or villains from the show would be fine for a Direct-to-DVD film but for a theatrical release you need something more standalone.

• Brohoof 2

A villain whose power is to corrupt living beings into shadowy beings devoid of joy and hope (misery-zombies, if you will), and whose plan is to drain all of the hope from the world.

A tribe of talking monkeys who become allies of the heroes.

The villain trying to persuade Twilight to join them. (bonus points if they reference Star Wars)

A scene of Rainbow Dash during a Wonderbolt performance (they can do that now, she became a Wonderbolt in Season 6, and the first movie started production before Season 5).

Kirin.

The Moochick and Scorpan make an appearance.

Rainbow Dash is the secondary protagonist of the film (or whatever role Pinkie Pie had in the first film)

Twilight has a nightmare of what would happen if she turned evil (bonus points if we see a pony version of Midnight)

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 2

I kind of doubt that we will see another MLP film with a theatrical release. The existing fanbase seems to like it but it's not like this movie is going to win a Golden Globe. Hasbro and Lionsgate aren't exactly Disney, Dreamworks, or Illumination. While they did a great job with the budget they had, they didn't allocate hundreds of millions of dollars to market this film. Maybe we'll get a Netflix-exclusive sequel in a couple of years, but nothing more.

• Brohoof 2

After coming back from the movie this morning, I only have this to say about a possible sequel. Whatever it's about....

I never want to see another OOC moment for Twilight again. Like the scene where she uses her friends to distract the sea ponies so she could steal their only means of protecting themselves, and later talking down on the Mane Five like she's better off without them. Her reasons for doing it just came out of nowhere. Completely ill-founded and unjustified. It wasn't enough to utterly kill the movie for me, but THAT was bullshit.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan
  • Brohoof 2

I want a movie plot revolving around the lore behind either tartarus, alicorns, The EOH or the tree of harmony.

I would also like a villain who's defeat feels like a meaningful BATTLE, not a villain who loses because they tard out and self defeat themselves.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/1/2017 at 10:08 PM, bwrosas said:

And Finally, I could see a story were we get the "Return of Tirek", who by using some kind of magic along with the Generation's take on the Witches from the G1 film, helps resurrect The Storm King. 

Personally, I'd prefer to see Hydia and her daughters as arc villains for the series over then being one-time characters in a movie.  Though a movie functioning as a finale for them or an introduction of them would be nice.

5 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I want a movie plot revolving around the lore behind either tartarus, alicorns, The EOH or the tree of harmony.

I would also like a villain who's defeat feels like a meaningful BATTLE, not a villain who loses because they tard out and self defeat themselves.

The reason this typically doesn't happen is for thematic reasons, they want to focus on friendship rather than violence. Aside from betraying Temper Tempest the Storm King didn't tard out, and his self-defeat was only a technicality as he wouldn't have gotten caught in his own blast if Tempest didn't take the bullet. It's important to note that by working together the main six DID defeat the Storm King, as they beat him to the staff. 

12 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I kind of doubt that we will see another MLP film with a theatrical release. The existing fanbase seems to like it but it's not like this movie is going to win a Golden Globe. Hasbro and Lionsgate aren't exactly Disney, Dreamworks, or Illumination. While they did a great job with the budget they had, they didn't allocate hundreds of millions of dollars to market this film. Maybe we'll get a Netflix-exclusive sequel in a couple of years, but nothing more.

Based on current trends, the film should be a financial success for those involved. If that is the case, another theatrical movie is not necessarily unlikely. 

On 06/10/2017 at 4:20 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I believe the children of harmony should be introduced and developed before they are introduced straight into the movie :huh: 

I didn't imagine them playing a major role in the film. Maybe just appearing in the epilogue as foals or babies. Just like the ending of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows were Harry, Ron and Hermione are now parents and are shown taking their kids to Hogwarts for the first time. I don't think it would be a bad way of setting up the next series.

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see some kind of FIM remake of Rescue from Midnight Castle. 

A movie that involves Grogar if they let him keep him necromancy status, he could revive King Sombra and/or some other villains. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm a little bit skeptical about having a  mlp movie sequel. One because if it ended up as a direct DVD it will be a huge disappointment. And two it will be unlikely for it to be better as the first. But if they must I think it should involve with Cosmos and his relation with the sisters alicorn. Since they did mentioned about him and he is technically their first choice before Tempest. I would like to see a movie with  a villian of all villains and a threat so grand that  it's going to be lead to a very good and complex story plot for both villains and the heroes. 

But....that is not going to happen so I will rest my case on the two reason why the sequel will led to some disappointment. 

Unless of course if they want out of the mainstream of the series, there has been  a lot of complaint about how mlp movie is still kinda of "joke" for the theatrical movie. Which I don't blame them,  I don't want the film to be mainly based for the fans but for anyone who like movies in general. My expectation for a good movie is if the plot is unpredictable, complex, good story build-up, and most of all a legit bad guy. mlp movie hasn't gone to that level.Just barely scratching the surface,  and I'm judging the movie itself and away from the series.  I get it Hasbro wanted to stay in a "safe, kid-friendly side" but this isn't a series anymore where only fans/kids watch it. This is a movie for all ages and people to come in, spent their money, and watch, they're not going to like it if the movie is limited to fan base only.  So that was a huge mistake which cause the movie to receive harsh critics.

if a person goes up to me who isnt a mlp fan and say the same thing, I wouldn't answer him/her like  "oh yeah, that typical for mlp" NO, it needs to be bigger than mlp. 

Edited by TBD

In two minds about it.

I do support the movie, and the earlier EqG movies; however, there is felt to be a need for a large, sweeping epic storyline at movie length that there just isn't the pressure to meet in an episodic format, and its not like we have suffered for sweeping story arcs and continuity so far; I do feel that we have learned at least as much if not more about the EqG characters from the shorts and recent episodes, than we learned from the movies, and similarly, the Movie struggles from having to try and (re?)introduce the characters to the audience in order to not alienate newcomers, while seven seasons in we have had time to see the characters show many different facets in their interactions.

And that rich history of FiM seasons is why I don't think we need or want another movie any time soon; any newcomers have a LOT of viewing ahead of them to catch up with us, and with on-demand access via Netflix, boxed sets etc that shouldn't be hard to achieve (wouldn't be surprised to see some of the broadcast franchisees restarting a run at S1 to try and ride any popularity spike after the movie too, and can't see that as a bad thing)

We should see another spike after the DVD/Blueray release, and when the movie becomes available on streaming services (again, like Netflix)

On the other hoof - it would be nice to see the awesome animation and attention to detail shown in the movie again, especially on the big screen, so if they DID make another movie, I would definitely want to go see that too :D

• Brohoof 1