Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you guys all do it?

bronywhocodes

So, been a year since I've been here for more than a minute, I've noticed that quite a few of my old friends are still kinda active in the community. 

How tho? How is it possible for someone to still be going strong in a community after such a long time. The whole reason i stopped is because i got burned out. 

How do you guys do it? I'm genuinely quite curious how some people can still be an active part of a community after so much time. 

Sorry if this was very disjointed. I'm bad with the words. 

• Brohoof 3

I avoid burnout because I get distracted like a squirrel and take breaks for months at a time. You don’t burnout when you’re chilling on the back burner.

Also I’m just legitimately friends with people here. Show or not, I still enjoy their company.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 5

Probably a continuous interest in whatever the community talks about or does. I've been inactive in some communities after being in them for a month and others I've been a part of for years-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by jayburd

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

I avoid burnout because I get distracted like a squirrel and take breaks for months at a time. You don’t burnout when you’re chilling on the back burner.

Also I’m just legitimately friends with people here. Show or not, I still enjoy their company.

Cool and good

I had my break. But answer to Your question is easy - I have friends here, who I want to be in touch, but can't be outside forums yet. 

Then people who stay for so long are rare most actually do get burned out or bored with this place, including plenty of people I once knew. 

A couple of years back, I did take some time away from here, but, after meeting one of my old friends on here while I was on Discord, I decided I'd try to come back... Considering the way everything is in my life at the moment, I like it here anyway, it feels all relaxing, nice and simple to be here, that and I still have some friends here who I haven't contacted in a long time.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, FalloutFloyd said:

How do you guys do it?

Well, I'm new to the forums, but definitely not new to the fandom, so I can offer you as much insight as I can. Up until recently, we had many episodes of MLP to keep us occupied, with more and more discussions every single day. In addition, FiMfiction is always actively producing more and more fan fiction, and more and more artists are sharing their art on deviantart.com as well. This gives us loads of content to continually analyze and discuss, while we wait for more episodes. For example, I know the subreddit /r/mylittlepony has the "hiatus" period, where tons of new content and topics are produced while we eagerly wait for the next season. Also, I find that this site is also good for just bringing up other non-pony stuff, that keeps bringing me back. Here, I can ask any question I have, talk about my interests, and make friends that share those same interests, which I have. Just a great place to socialize in general!

• Brohoof 1

If I was atany risk of burnout I would have left a long time ago. I may have only been here two years, but I still enjoy it as much, if not more than before. Though my autism may have to do with it, as I have strong likes.

Well, I kinda multi-task, I have this website opened on one tab, but then I have YouTube opened on other, so I'm always bouncing back and forth between the two, which means every time I come back here there's usually always a new topic or blog to see. Show-wise I just watch the new episodes as they come out, and occasionally go back and re-watch an older episode. 

tI'm quite a reserved brony all things considered. Look, I love MLP, but I only devote about a third of my time to it. I don't actively go to conventions that often, I pretty much never cosplay or do anything like that. I guess what I'm saying is that you could be the hugest fan of MLP in the world, but that doesn't (and shouldn't) mean that you have to give all that you have to the fan-base all the time. Have other interests, do other things that don't relate back to the show and don't let one thing in life define you. I mean, my time that I spend on the forums is often haphazard and somewhat infrequent but, hey, I'm happier for it.:grin:

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...