Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler HYPOTHETICAL: You can only save one pony from the changeling cocoons... who would you pick and why?

Toastypk

Who do you rescue?  

18 users have voted

1. 1. You can just rescue one before the guards appear. Who?

• Twilight
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy
    • Spike
    • Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Flurry Heart
    • Discord
    • Trixie

I got this idea from seeing To Where and Back again.

I'm not going to lie, when I saw the mane 6 and everypony else trapped in the cocoons, I got a sort of protective urge that I've never felt on the show. Like if it was an RPG, this is where I would be saying like, "I've got to save them!" Seeing all the characters you've come to love in that situation (and even worse if you wonder about what the cocoons do them, in that not-quite-awake-not-quite-sleeping state) brought quite the heartstring tugging gotta-do-something response out of me in a way that show hasn't before.

So I was wondering about that, and I had an interesting hypothetical what-if that I thought would be good to share.

---

Somehow you've made it to the center of the Changeling hive, and you see everypony in the cocoons, with the urge to do something. But there's no time! It looks like you can only pick one of them to save! The guards will be here any minute.

Who do you pick to save and why? Do you pick who you pick because you love them a lot and want to free them? Or do you pick them cause you think they'll help you against Chrysalis? Or both?

Edited by Toastypk

I'd have to rescue Twilight, best nerdy-pone and best princess. The magic-disabling throne would be a huge problem but she could probably think of some good plan, given her smarts. Me, I would provide motivational support from that point on. While I did rescue her, I am not a fighter. :|

• Brohoof 1

Unsure.

Magic clearly isn't a factor, or the choice of GlimGlam (whose magic is now so powerful it's embarassing for the alicorns) would be obvious. GlimGlam though, while good under pressure at planning her actions, good in combat, and resourceful, probably pales in comparison to Celestia who has been the Equestrian chessmaster for generations now.

So, Celestia BECAUSE magic isn't a factor, otherwise GlimGlam.

13 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Unsure.

Magic clearly isn't a factor, or the choice of GlimGlam (whose magic is now so powerful it's embarassing for the alicorns) would be obvious. GlimGlam though, while good under pressure at planning her actions, good in combat, and resourceful, probably pales in comparison to Celestia who has been the Equestrian chessmaster for generations now.

So, Celestia BECAUSE magic isn't a factor, otherwise GlimGlam.

Technically, Glimmy isn’t in a Changeling pod, so either you’re her, Thorax, or yourself, and it’s up to you and whoever you rescue to save the day.

4 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Technically, Glimmy isn’t in a Changeling pod, so either you’re her, Thorax, or yourself, and it’s up to you and whoever you rescue to save the day.

Then Celestia without a doubt then. Not only is she a good strategic thinker, but can command the Royal Guard, and her combat skills are better than her younger and prettier sister :D

I'd pick Dash, cause I love her a lot, plus she can kick flank and would help in the situation. Plus I don't think pegasus flying counts as "magic" to be inhibited by the hive.

(so I guess I was thinking about the magic thing as a factor, I wonder if I should have clarified that, though I guess that's not a giant deal, I was thinking more of the episode situation)

Applejack.

I adore her to pieces, and she's exceptionally smart and strong.

If everyone else remained trapped and we were unable to save them, at least there wouldn't be an entire massive family mourning the loss of the most lovable pony in all of Equestria.

3 hours ago, Wishlily said:

I adore her to pieces, and she's exceptionally smart and strong.

This I can agree with, omg I love her

I bought the Dash 4de plush, but I've been wanting to get AJ too, I'm likely going to.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Toastypk said:

I'd pick Dash, cause I love her a lot, plus she can kick flank and would help in the situation. Plus I don't think pegasus flying counts as "magic" to be inhibited by the hive.

(so I guess I was thinking about the magic thing as a factor, I wonder if I should have clarified that, though I guess that's not a giant deal, I was thinking more of the episode situation)

Besides, she can beat the snot of a changeling army in her sleep!

• 4 months later...

It's difficult choice, I am going to choose Trixie because she is the best girl, and I always loved the bitchy bad girl archetype. I don't know, they felt like the most honest.

Edited by R.D.Dash

Rainbow dash, she's probably strong enough to break the throne, and she could swoop up all the cocoons and therefore save everypony. Heck she could probably do all of that just before the guards show up.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...