Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Jobs

Not here anymore

I work in the IT department of a small publishing company. I manage a lot of things from security, the phone system, our Microsoft relationship and Office 365 accounts, digital signage, Adobe accounts, company schedule and whatever else they like to throw at me. Lots of SQL, lots of server management, lots of user-end troubleshooting. I've been with the company since January of 2007.

I work as a painter in the oil industry and I love it. 

What I do is  basically getting rid of as much rust as possible off of the containers, prime them, paint them and then other sorts of maintenance, depending on how bad they look. I also get to drive forklifts and bridge cranes. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a job, as I just turned sixteen. However, I have big aspirations- including potential involvement in local politics to work up the ladder as time goes on. If not, I'll be sticking to general business fields or potentially get a job as a lawyer when I'm a bit older. I love law and political related things, so it's where I'd fit in the best. Technology used to be my main focus, but my interest with it has faded.

• Brohoof 1

25. I'm a front lanes manager at Target and the dress code is actually pretty relaxed at our store at least. As long as your top is an approved color of red and doesn't have any large graphics on it you can wear it. So I can wear whatever t-shirt I want (as long as it's not inappropriate) including pony shirts because I wear either my red hoodie or a polo over top of it. I'll usually keep my hoodie zipped up unless I'm on break though so I look somewhat professional and in charge

• Brohoof 1

I am 15 and i work at Tinns, i don't think that there is a dress code and the first shift was this yesterday:muffins:

shift last 4 hours and i cook fries and work the cash register

Edited by woodchunks66

I work as a loan clerk at the Whitesville State Bank; which is a regional bank with only four branches overall. While the loan officers make the actual loans with customers, we loan clerks tend to handle a lot of background stuff. My area of concentration is largely with insurance tracking, force-placed insurance, paid-off loans, and denied loans. Outside of that I'm also the coordinator for the bank's Disaster Recovery plan.

I've been working there since May of 2005; starting out as a summer and holiday job until after I graduated from college in May 2008 when I started working there in a  full-time fashion, if you will. I started as a teller for a while before being moved to the loan department. When it comes to the dress code you pretty much wear casual dress; which for me is khaki's and button shirt. Only exception is Friday which is jean day.

My co-workers pretty much know I am a brony, and are pretty cool with that. Heck; they pretty much demand that I go and enjoy myself at BronyCon as I'm someone who typically does not take vacation days.

• Brohoof 4

Technically, I do have a job though it's more like a hobby with benefits. I've been selling cards over on EBay since July 2015 though some see this as me wanting to make some money via my hobby of being in card games. I personally don't see what I do as a job.

I'm 20, and I am still unemployed (finding jobs is almost impossible, literally have found only 4 or 5 in the last half a year to apply for and all have either turned me down or not responded to mt application. Sucks.). Though I have plans to get a loan from my bank for a good computer and money to pay for an acceptable internet connection so I can become a streamer on Twitch, so I may not really need one as badly as I may think.  After all, people would probably enjoy my ramblings.

I work sporadically, usually doing community theater (the paying kind) and some singing. I've been doing Christmas related stuff this past month and my cousin has dragged me along for some involuntary volunteer work. 

On 20.12.2017 at 12:54 PM, Duzzki said:

I'm 20, and I am still unemployed (finding jobs is almost impossible, literally have found only 4 or 5 in the last half a year to apply for and all have either turned me down or not responded to mt application. Sucks.). Though I have plans to get a loan from my bank for a good computer and money to pay for an acceptable internet connection so I can become a streamer on Twitch, so I may not really need one as badly as I may think.  After all, people would probably enjoy my ramblings.

Hmm, are you picky when it comes to the type of job or are you open for anything?

1 minute ago, Rainy_days said:

Hmm, are you picky when it comes to the type of job or are you open for anything?

Actually, I'm being as lenient as I can for the fact that I don't have certifications for anything, no college degree, and no work experience. Part of it, though, is just because I live in a small town, which isn't all that close to a big city (and my dad isn't really wiling to take me anywhere too far away just to work a minimum wage job). If I were being as picky as I'd like the luxury of being, I'd likely find almost nothing no matter where I looked, and how hard I tried to look.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:30 PM, Josh Rainbowton said:

Hey, do any of you guys have jobs?

Yep

If so where do you work?

I'm self employed or rather a freelancer. 

Are you old enough?

Yes.

Or are you still teenagers?

No, but my kids are ;)

If you have a job where do you work?

Home office, at the park, at a local coffee shop. 

Are you allowed to where -pony- MLP  shirts to your office or do they have strict dress code?

I can work at home in my boxers if I was so inclined. Perk of the sole proprietorship. 

Do they allow you to use MLP screensavers?

I would allow myself to use a screensaver, sure. 

Are you ever teased by other workers or customers for liking MLP

I'm all for self depreciation, but I've never demeaned myself for liking a cartoon, no. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't have an actual job right now, I'm trying to get one, but I have tried out many jobs, mainly in stores and taking care of animals. None of them really had a dress code, except some of the places required practical clothes like rain boots, clothes that can get dirty etc., and some of them required a uniform, and some just a jacket with the store's logo on it, but I can normally wear any shirt I want, which can also include pony shirts!

I work in a legal services company. I used to be a teacher. If I wanted a pony wallpaper I could. My boss would make fun of me but he makes fun of everyone. I had Disney World before and now have multiple Christmas wallpapers. No tshirts due to dress code. 

I'm a very part time pro actor and voice actor so I'm looking up cartoons and actors anyway, so it wouldn't shock them I'm sure. I just don't go flaunt it. I had my MLP Forum and Poniverse Board of Directors stuff on my resume for a while which lead to some interesting conversations.

• Brohoof 5

Hey, do any of you guys have jobs? If so where do you work? Are you old enough? Or are you still teenagers?

I'm an adjunct professor and part-time tutor at a local university. And no, I am not a teenager!

Are you allowed to where -pony- MLP  shirts to your office or do they have strict dress codes? Do they allow you to use MLP screensavers?

I could wear MLP merchandise (like a tie) -- but I feel that would be distracting. T-shirts would be unprofessional in the context of a classroom.

Are you ever teased by other workers or customers for liking MLP?

It has never come up in a conversation with any co-workers.

• Brohoof 2

I am currently working as a tour guide and historical interpreter at a Viking and Medieval museum in Dublin. We also showcase some more contemporary archeological finds on our 3rd level, but the primary feature is recreating the feel of what life would have been like back in those times to visitors. As a result, I'm typically required to dress up in all number of silly costumes and adopt a bit of a character, but as someone who's also dabbled in theatrical performances for around 15+ years now, I have no problem with it. :P

Naturally, this does mean that pony accessories would be out of the question. They aren't exactly what my superiors would call "historically accurate". ;)

I'd still like to go back to studying theater at some point and hopefully complete my degree, but for now I'm content with being in a position that allows me to pursue two of the fields I love the most (acting and history).

Playing with swords is just a bonus. B)

Spoiler

20170421_121337_001.jpg

• Brohoof 5

4 minutes ago, Darkilicious Horse said:

I am currently working as a tour guide and historical interpreter at a Viking and Medieval museum in Dublin. We also showcase some more contemporary archeological finds on our 3rd level, but the primary feature is recreating the feel of what life would have been like back in those times to visitors. As a result, I'm typically required to dress up in all number of silly costumes and adopt a bit of a character, but as someone who's also dabbled in theatrical performances for around 15+ years now, I have no problem with it. :P

Naturally, this does mean that pony accessories would be out of the question. They aren't exactly what my superiors would call "historically accurate". ;)

I'd still like to go back to studying theater at some point and hopefully complete my degree, but for now I'm content with being in a position that allows me to pursue two of the fields I love the most (acting and history).

Playing with swords is just a bonus. B)

Reveal hidden contents

20170421_121337_001.jpg

Then I know where to go if I want to go to a museum if I visit Dublin hehe

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rainy_days said:

Then I know where to go if I want to go to a museum if I visit Dublin hehe

If you ever decide to do so, I would humbly recommend your visit~ Totallynotshilling. :applehat:

• Brohoof 2