Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Jobs

Not here anymore

Hey, do any of you guys have jobs? If so where do you work? Are you old enough? Or are you still teenagers? If you have a job where do you work? Are you allowed to where -pony- MLP  shirts to your office or do they have strict dress codes? Do they allow you to use MLP screensavers? Are you ever teased by other workers or customers for liking MLP?

Edited by Josh Rainbowton
I used the word pony, I needed to write more info

What is this "job" people keep talking about? :okiedokieloki:

j/k j/k

Closest thing I had to a "real" (read: with a contract and wage) job was when I replaced a teacher part-time for just four weeks. Obviously education personnel are expected to dress properly, no bags with cartoon stuff or shirts with "rebellious" captions.

I haven't worked anywhere since... I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore, at my age of 28. Anything I look into is either not suitable for me, or just not wanted much.

• Brohoof 1

I'am the dishwasher trainer at a restaurant, and I've been there for 2 years, starting when I was 18. My responsibilities involve training the new people, ensuring the dishroom doesn't collapse, cleaning any mess that arises (regardless how busy I already am ajbemused.png), and taking out the trash. We have uniforms and are sent home if not worn, or if it isn't right. None of my co-workers know I like MLP, mainly because I keep that to myself... I see no reason to tell them.

Sign-Spinning on weekends for 5 hrs. on Saturday and Sunday since the end of August. Nothing major, but I am making income for myself now.

Plus, given this time of year, I've seen over 30 cars carrying home Christmas Trees passing by my post from after Thanksgiving to Today. Likely will be more passing by...LOL!

Almost all jobs you run in to will require you to adhere to a professional dress code, whether or not they enforce it varies from employer to employer. I worked a call center job a while back where you technically weren't SUPPOSED to wear sweatpants or pyjamas but nobody would confront you about it. Even there though, I think MLP merch would be pushing what anybody would actually wear.

• Brohoof 1

I recently just lost my job at a market-greenhouse, so technically right now I have no job, though I'm looking for one. As for dress code at this market-greenhouse, you had to wear khaki shorts in the summer and blue jeans in the winter, and no matter what time of year you had to wear the green T-shirt with the greenhouse's name on it and your name-tag, though you could wear a coat or jacket over it if you wanted too. 

I am 27 and work in retail. I have to wear my company uniform, but I can wear pony accessories if I want. And literally everyone that comes into contact with me knows I love ponies. My coworker bought me My Little Pony headphones for my birthday a few days ago.

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I am 27 and work in retail. I have to wear my company uniform, but I can wear pony accessories if I want. And literally everyone that comes into contact with me knows I love ponies. My coworker bought me My Little Pony headphones for my birthday a few days ago.

You are lucky.What about school? Do they allow you to wear them(MLP Shiets)  to school.I guess it depands. You could definiely easily get bullied but I don't care I'd just walk away. 

I'm going to get a part-time job sometime next year, although I don't know where yet. Up until now I've been too young. (I'm 16 btw) I'm really excited for the day I get my first job, I can't wait to get out out there and start doing stuff on my own and start earning and saving up my own money. :D

• Brohoof 1

I've been working in a newspaper mailroom for 5 years. (Currently 22) I got this job a month before I became a member here. Shifts can last up to 15 hours, and there has been times where we are too busy for breaks. The only dress code we have is no sandals and nothing extremely offensive. Though the ink destroys white clothing (or any actually nice clothes). Pay is trash but can't argue it since I can't get a job anywhere else. I also don't bring my personal life into work.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:02 AM, Josh Rainbowton said:

You are lucky.What about school? Do they allow you to wear them(MLP Shiets)  to school.I guess it depands. You could definiely easily get bullied but I don't care I'd just walk away. 

Well, like I said, I’m 27. So no more schooling for me.

My schools didn’t have dress codes and MLP:FiM didn’t come out until I was already in college anyway. But when I finally got into it I got a bag with Derpy on it and carried it for years.

Got a fun memory of that as well, as one time we had some high schoolers touring the campus, and I happened to walk by with my bag. Some girls spotted it from like 30 feet away and I heard “DERPY!!” and “OMG I LOVE YOUR BAG!!” XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

I have a job, 4 years at this one. I work in a Surveying Firm that does Construction and Civil Engineering work. I am 26 years old. I live in Indiana in the U.S.. I keep my mlp life secret so I dont do any mlp related things at work besides jump on the forums here and there.

• Brohoof 1

Currently unemployed, but I'm one of three selected out of 20 for an interview for a maintenance position with an apartment complex. I'm feeling pretty confident about my chances.

On 12/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, Josh Rainbowton said:

Are you ever teased by other workers or customers for liking MLP?

Never reveal your power level in public or at work, kids.

My first job was in fast food. Since we had uniforms, I obviously couldn't wear anything else. It wasn't really fun, but it was with a nicer chain that expects a lot from you. I suppose I enjoyed representing the brand on the job. Not to mention it's one of my favorite fast food restaurants anyways, so I loved the employee discount.

After starting college I worked a school library job, basically just restocking shelves, cleaning, and helping people find books. It was a nice, quiet change of pace. Didn't pay as well, but I didn't really mind that. I guess I could have worn something pony-related because there wasn't really a dress code. But I still haven't gotten any pony apparel, so I have yet to wear it anywhere.

Right now I'm trying to get a job on campus in dining services. They require employees to be in uniform so unfortunately I won't be wearing any pony merch with them either. ;)

I work at a movie theater. We’re not allowed to wear MLP shirts(Of course not) but, everybody EVERYBODY knows that I’m a fan of MLP. For one reason or another. (Ie. wallpaper on phone, seen meh wearing them when I first get to work before changing, seen me browsing here, heard the show when I was watching it on my break, telling them out right. Etc. etc.etc.etc.) I even dressed in a scootaloo cosplay on Halloween seeing as that was the one day we could dress up we just couldn’t have anything that covered our face.

i couldn’t find any pics of me during that time but this is me at Bronycon in my Scootaloo cosplay with John De Lancie I was wearing the same thing. ( a few people at my job thought I was dressed as a pumpkin and I needed to explain to them who I was dressed as lol)

E1599685-D397-4CA0-8A4F-F8DD4672D510.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I've been working in retail since I was 13 and I now work full time as a Sprayer at my local council. I started that job in march if this year, not too long after I turned 18 but I'm currently applying for the Navy as well. I don't have a choice on uniform because I deal with some pretty nasty chemicals so it's full workplace PPE for me:(

I work at a hospital.  I deal mostly with insurances.  It's cool, I get to hear about some pretty interesting stuff.

We have a dress code, so it's business casual or we can wear scrubs.  I could probably wear scrubs with ponies on them and not get in trouble.

• Brohoof 1

I work as a Cleaning Technician (fancy talk for janitor) at an insurance office building. It's a pretty relaxed job, I work at night part-time, so I have days free to do whatever.

• Brohoof 3