spoiler Rumored G5 and other Stuff.

CastletonSnob

On 12/24/2017 at 5:05 PM, A.V. said:

If they absolutely have to, then I'd rather it be a remake (so we can have it done less controversially -- or something) instead of an all-out retcon.

After all...

Reveal hidden contents

...the episode about Celestia and the play (I forgot the title) managed to re-canonize some of The Journal Of The Two Sisters (sans the Tree Of Harmony's origin, of course).

Spoiler

Well, the book is still noncanon  as a whole clearly, but I am glad to see them taking elements from it that could still work.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:42 AM, Hieroklicious said:

But please, let that movie be better then this years. :orly:

Eh, I would rather the movie be just as good as the one we had, I think most of us here loved it.

1 minute ago, Merion said:

Why?

Lol, do you think Hasbro will send their ninjas to punish you? How old are you, six?:P

It is extremely disrespectful to those who work on the show and considering some mods here have some ties to said team. Yeah no.

sig-4657732.sig-4657732.sig-4657732.img-

36 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, the book is still noncanon  as a whole clearly, but I am glad to see them taking elements from it that could still work.

Eh, I would rather the movie be just as good as the one we had, I think most of us here loved it.

It was good, but the movie was to short for the amount of characters it had. :orly:

• Brohoof 2

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

1 minute ago, Hieroklicious said:

It was good, but the movie was to short for the amount of characters it had. :orly:

Unfortunately for it, it was about as long as a Disney movie, any longer could have hurt it's box office return.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Unfortunately for it, it was about as long as a Disney movie, any longer could have hurt it's box office return.

Then there should be less characters and songs in it. I would say at least the pirates. :twi:

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

Just now, Hieroklicious said:

Then there should be less characters and songs in it. I would say at least the pirates. :twi:

The pirates weren't needed, but the point was they go on this adventure and make new friends. If they only made Capper and Skystar, most of the mane 6 would feel useless. I think the general pacing was fine. If anything they should have just cut Grubber out.

Spoiler

For G5, it appears that Hasbro wants Applejack to be drastically changed.  One of the options suggested would be for her to be a reformed villain along the lines of Sunset, which is something that I would be interested in seeing.

To be perfectly honest, while many are upset about this decision, I can see why it would be made. It is pretty clear throughout the show that Applejack was a character that the writers struggled with creating episodes and conflicts for her, so I can understand why they would want to change AJ's personality to make her easier to write for her.

Plus given how Applejack received pretty much no character development over the course of FiM, I am all for finally getting a version of her that can actually grow as a character.

• Brohoof 2

CJlO22H.png

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

The pirates weren't needed, but the point was they go on this adventure and make new friends. If they only made Capper and Skystar, most of the mane 6 would feel useless. I think the general pacing was fine. If anything they should have just cut Grubber out.

Grubber was indeed annoging, but it was going to quick to get to know the characters.

I'll be honest. Not really buying this. But for a few reasons.

Its not impossible mind you. And the season 9 being the last might actually work/be correct.

The reason I don't think its all right is simple.

#1: You don't end what is your biggest cash cow with no good reason.

#2: Its very unlikely they are going to end one Generation and then Launch directly into another. They never have before and I don't think they will now. They might as some have pointed out do a Gen.4.5 or something. Another Show based in the same world with different characters. (I kind of want a Flurry Heart show to be honest)

#3: Its going to be... really really hard to move past Gen 4. And that's going to be much harder if they do it right away.

Simply put the only way to move past one gen of a show to another without being 100% sure its at least as good if not better. Is by giving it some time between the two Generations.

-

Now... If some rumors about Hasbro looking for a buyer for the company are true then all bets are off.... (I'm hoping Disney)

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, FuriousBlaze3000 said:

Generation 5? That would be a nightmare come true if that happens.

Not necessarily, I mean, personally I feel like I'm hit in the chest when I think that one day Friendship is Magic will come to an end, however, from my lurking on Ponychan and/or 4chan (I use both but I can't remember which site I got the leaks from) it looks like a mixed bag. I'll have to go through my phone but I have like, 10-20 emails and concept art that seems to coincide with them so for me it feels like it's going to happen. Now, take note, even if this isn't an elaborate prank of some sort, it still isn't a guarantee to happen; I have the schedule that they proposed to their boss or whatever it was they had to report it to, and it hasn't been confirmed nor denied that it will happen. This is all merely an idea at this point and has little more than drawings and ideas scribbled onto paper. I just hope that if they do have a reboot, it stays wholesome and sweet like G4 instead of turning into an abomination like that Powerpuff Girls reboot that was recently made.

• Brohoof 3

On 12/27/2017 at 10:25 PM, blackstarraven said:

I'll be honest. Not really buying this. But for a few reasons.

Its not impossible mind you. And the season 9 being the last might actually work/be correct.

The reason I don't think its all right is simple.

#1: You don't end what is your biggest cash cow with no good reason.

#2: Its very unlikely they are going to end one Generation and then Launch directly into another. They never have before and I don't think they will now. They might as some have pointed out do a Gen.4.5 or something. Another Show based in the same world with different characters. (I kind of want a Flurry Heart show to be honest)

#3: Its going to be... really really hard to move past Gen 4. And that's going to be much harder if they do it right away.

Simply put the only way to move past one gen of a show to another without being 100% sure its at least as good if not better. Is by giving it some time between the two Generations.

-

Now... If some rumors about Hasbro looking for a buyer for the company are true then all bets are off.... (I'm hoping Disney)

My thoughts on this are that it makes some sense to end FiM soon in some ways, and it doesn't make sense in other ways:

Pros of ending it:
1) Most of the characters have grown and gotten their hopes and dreams come true; every story has an ending, and from that perspective, ending the story when their hopes and dreams come true makes sense.
2) New toys with new color schemes and new shapes allow for some variety, and a reboot of the show would advertise those.
3) The writers might have some really, really good stories that would work for a Twilight Sparkle or an Applejack who are just starting out and haven't learned all the friendship lessons, but that would never work for the close-knit mane six that we know and love.  Those stories might just be worth telling, even if it means leaving the G-4 universe behind!
4) As well-built as the G-4 universe is, it's not the only possible epic universe with epic stories in it.  If they have one that's cooler or has more potential, the only way to put ponies in it is, again, a reboot.

Cons of ending it:
1) We've gotten to know the characters well, but it feels like we're just barely getting to know the world it's all set in.  What other lands are there beyond Equestria?  How do they work?  Would they benefit from the friendship that Equestria is exuding?  And why are all these threats that Celesta can't take on by herself coming up all at once, if she's been alone as princess for 1000 years and held her own for that time?
2) The show's popularity as it is now is very very high; it makes more sense to keep something like that open-ended than to plan its end, even if said planned end is a few years in the future.
3) Having the same characters' names in G-5 would be confusing to little girls who've been watching G-4, and that seems to be the direction they're going from what little I've seen of the leaks---both in terms of character design and in terms of the timeline, giving little time between G-4 and G-5.
4) The characters in G-4 are so believable that, at least for me, they've successfully tricked my heart into thinking they're real, and making me love them.  I just wouldn't want to let them go!  I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way, and if an adult feels that way, how would a little girl feel?
5) One of the things I personally think is the thing that made G-4 as popular as it is, was the pilot:  the story was astonishingly epic for something made for little girls, as it dealt with 1000 years of pain and separation, it treated that as a huge deal, and it continues to do so.  The fandom knew how big a deal it was; remember the "Luna" song?  The writers have never really forgotten how huge a deal 1000 years of separation was, either, so that pilot did an amazing job setting up G-4 for success.  In order for G-5 to live up to G-4's standard, they'll need something equal or greater in epicness in its pilot.  How can they follow up the act that was The Elements of Harmony?

There's probably more that I haven't even thought of, here...

If it were up to me, the "MLP 2.0" stuff wouldn't exactly be a reboot; just a redesign of the characters we've seen, and possibly retooling their personalities with some story explanation of them having to go their separate ways for a few years for whatever reason, and then after the reboot it shows them getting reacquainted.  They could have different designs due to being a few years older.  You preserve the universe, hold onto the beloved characters and their stories while still giving them room to grow (or regrow), get all the toy-related benefits of a reboot...is there a downside?

• Brohoof 3

umbrella_RD_shoots_enemy.gif

Help the main six stop the Weather Factory Meltdown!

Click here to play:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114199-fangame-weather-factory-meltdown/

Click here to help build the game:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114399-seeking-help-for-an-epic-fangame-collaboration/

I wonder if the real final will be some kind of massive war. Think about it. 

They've befriended the griffins, yaks, dragons, changelings. "Sounds like an army to me" - Flemith

Maybe G5 takes us beyond equestria into the lands outside. Maybe the movie was a unwitting G5 preview..

Or maybe here on out it's equestria girls episodes.

Maybe it's mentioned elsewhere in this thread that was too long for me to read in depth past the second page

• 2 weeks later...

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS AND I STILL RESPECT WHAT OTHERS THINK.

The part about the season 8 episodes look likely, but that's where the road ends. Each generation after the first was done way after the previous one.

I have plenty of reasons to be skeptical about season 9 and G5.

The first thing to understand is that G4 has been extremely successful and it continues to be that way. FiM just so happens to be a MAJOR source of money.

Ending the series just to make anothet one that completely butchers everything would more than likely be a business suicide.  They would lose out on a huge part if their audience leaving them with complete and total failure.

Another thing to understand is that a lot of these rumors are coming from sites such as 4Chan. These people are famous for trolling the entire internet. 

Some would say that Hasbro wants to get away from out fandom, but if that was true, why do the show's writers, voice actors, etc interact with the bronies, show up at cons, and open themselves to the community? We are their biggest source of income. Would they really give us all that fan service if they they didn't like us?

Another thing to consider is that they would have nothing to gain from such a decision. They'd be losing a lot actually.

In conclusion, this looks more like an elaborate prank or a hoax.

If you have different thoughts or opinions, then I'm cool with that, there's NOTHING wrong with having a different opinion and I respect whatever you have to say.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:45 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

So, the guy who leaked all this stuff also leaked

-the rest of season 7

-the movie

-Season 7 episode titles and synopses a while back

Here is the thing, if I recall right he actually made up some of the synopses to try and get a rise out of people, who is to say the G5 thing is any different.

That's a really great point right there. This is VERY likely the case here.

• Brohoof 2

signature_lbsetoeoWs2207.png

43 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The part about the season 8 episodes look likely, but that's where the road ends.

If you are refering to the leaked episodes: I have seen them, and they are almost 100% certainly real (unless we get really philosophical). The other stuff is also probably real, but that's not as certain. It's much easier to fake emails and some fanart, and it is 4chan we are talking about.

19 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Actually, we're roughly tied with little girls.

But either way, yeah, big-@$$ source of income.

Really? I have always thought that we as a fandom were overestimating our importance, but if we make up almost half of their income that would be great news for the fandom! Still, do you have a source for this?

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

We are their biggest source of income.

Hasn't stopped Hasbro before, they frequently reboot their other franchises even when they're still very profitable(look at Transformers) so there's no reason for them not to do the same for MLP

Also you're really overstating the fandom, this fandom really loves to pirate shit like the constantly streaming and torrenting episodes, and watching the movie leak(which according to the leaked emails really hurt the movie's performance making it doing not as good as they hoped), on top of buying fan made toys and plushies instead of supporting official releases of episodes and toys

Edited by Prowl
  • Brohoof 4

On 12/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, cmarston1 said:
  Hide contents

For G5, it appears that Hasbro wants Applejack to be drastically changed.  One of the options suggested would be for her to be a reformed villain along the lines of Sunset, which is something that I would be interested in seeing.

To be perfectly honest, while many are upset about this decision, I can see why it would be made. It is pretty clear throughout the show that Applejack was a character that the writers struggled with creating episodes and conflicts for her, so I can understand why they would want to change AJ's personality to make her easier to write for her.

Plus given how Applejack received pretty much no character development over the course of FiM, I am all for finally getting a version of her that can actually grow as a character.

Spoiler

One can't do much with a character who is satisfied with their life before the series starts. The others with the exception of Pinkie had something to strive for.

• Brohoof 3

For the sake of my sanity, i should not read this thread but curiousity is my problem, i cant avoid spoiler in internet, knowing better than being ignorant, i guess.

I only have 2 seasons to spend with this show now? That's depressing, i feel like it not going to end that soon, nothing last forever, hope the show will end in satisfying way.

It weird, season 6, 7 focus more on Starlight story arc, not mane 6, especially Twilight, who are supposed to be the main characters. Now there are 2 seasons left, i think they will wrap up some story arcs of secondary characters like Starlight, Spike, Discord etc then finish the series with the mane 6 or 7 if they still keep Starlight around. There will be a lot of 'filler' episodes, because mlp is not anime-heavy-story-arc kind, so how many episodes we got as 'plot thicken'?

Season 3 was supposed to be the end of the show and yet, the episodes are almost fillers with few arguely meh episodes without any real progression beside Twilight ascension. I can talk shit to some long-running animes have gotten bad over time but at least they take time with their story arcs and when they ended, i felt like i didnt miss anything, can mlp do something like this, or it like a MMORPG with rich story and world-building suddenly end because it's not profitable anymore then people just shut down the servers?

Anyway, just enjoy while it lasts, hope these remaining episodes will be good, if they are BAD..... let hope its not THAT bad.

Random: if these news turn out fake and we got more seasons? I will donate this forum and EQD a lot of cash (more than 40 usd) if i got money.... lol

Edited by Lambdadelta

1 hour ago, Lambdadelta said:

Random: if these news turn out fake and we got more seasons? I will donate this forum and EQD a lot of cash (more than 40 usd) if i got money.... lol

No, the news aren't fake, as these came from stolen hacked data from Hasbro. You may know, or even seen the leaked unfinished S8 episodes, these G5 leaks came from the same source. G5 may not be finished by 2020, possibly having one last G4 work to say goodbye, but G5 WILL come one day, and will replace FiM. It's inevitable, and we knew it since the first seasons 

• Brohoof 3

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

No, the news aren't fake, as these came from stolen hacked data from Hasbro. You may know, or even seen the leaked unfinished S8 episodes, these G5 leaks came from the same source. G5 may not be finished by 2020, possibly having one last G4 work to say goodbye, but G5 WILL come one day, and will replace FiM. It's inevitable, and we knew it since the first seasons 

Yes, i know. I am just in denial:muffins: a little bit, i am in love with the show for 3 years, i just want it to stay longer...

I am already ready for the last 52 episodes of the show, i am very strict when come to some 'last' episodes of the show, no bad episodes allowed  :okiedokieloki: