Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What live action shows do you like?

Cherry-Pie

What kind of live action TV do you guys watch? I know we all probably prefer animation, because it's more creative and colorful and cooler and better to look at, but it is nice to mix it up.

I watch the Orville, lots of old star trek, X-files. I hate reality TV. I also like a lot of corny stuff like Sabrina the teenage witch, H20; just add water, Jesse, Family matters, Alex Mack, Are you afraid of the dark. Oh and I love Goosebumps, been watching that one over and over for like ever. What do you guys like?

I love Star Trek, though I mostly watch DS9 but I've been slowly working my way through TNG since I haven't actually sat down and watched the seasons in a while.  Also, Godless on Netflix is pretty cool, I totally recommend that.  I don't really watch much Live action besides that.

• Brohoof 1

I'm really into Star Trek (besides DS9, IMO it's too much like a soap opera. Voyager isn't really that great either), I also watched a good bit of Doctor Who (mostly 11th doctor, some 10th and a little bit of the first doctor), and I watched the first couple of seasons of Gotham (would watch more if I could find it). I definitely prefer animation.

• Brohoof 1

I actually don't watch a lot of cartoons. Don't watch much TV in general, actually. Years ago, I watched through Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe. All pretty awesome; I could see myself going back to see those again (there are 18 seasons-worth of content). I also remember when Fringe was on TV. It's a real shame that was canceled!

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to go way out there and say that I've been watching some of the recent incarnations of Power Rangers. Yes, I do consider myself a fan of it since I've been watching it back when it first started, but I'm also casual due to not watching each series because of varying factors. I also watch Doctor Who with my dad--we're waiting for the upcoming Christmas special--and I've watched The Incredible Hulk live action series from the 70s/80s including the three reunion movies.

• Brohoof 1

I've been watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm recently. It stars Seinfeld co-creator Larry David, and mostly focuses on how he pisses everyone he sees off. I feel so bad for him lol.

Super Sentai's series, Kaman Rider's series, Sherlock, Doctor who, and  Star trek. As for the comedy shows; the office, Modern family, black-ish, Bernie Mac, and fresh out the boat.  I don't really watch too much live shows since not many aren't good or too much stupid drama. 

I'm very much into The X Files, as well as similar crime shows like Criminal Minds and The Mentalist (which sadly ended a couple years ago). I watch a bit of Doctor Who. I like House, I'm currently getting into The Good Doctor, and I have always had a soft spot for Grey's Anatomy. As for sitcoms, I like Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Does anybody else watch The Grand Tour or Top Gear? I love the former and I used to watch the latter all the time before the BBC kicked Jeremy Clarkson off the show. And I've seen clips of ITV's Fifth Gear, which looks really good but sadly isn't legally available in the US.

Edited by Prospekt

I've always been exclusively into anime/cartoons. However, after so many of my friends as well as my ex were into Doctor Who, I decided to give the show a try and ended up liking it (although it ventures into horror a bit too much for me - I can't stand horror). I suppose I have been more open-minded toward live-action shows since then, but I still don't watch that many.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/20/2017 at 12:45 PM, Thuja said:

I love Star Trek, though I mostly watch DS9 but I've been slowly working my way through TNG since I haven't actually sat down and watched the seasons in a while.  Also, Godless on Netflix is pretty cool, I totally recommend that.  I don't really watch much Live action besides that.

Ds9 is the silmarillion of the trek world. It's the best place to lsearn about the extended lore, but it is also somewhat unpleasant to consume. I did watch all of it though, the episode where captain Cisco is a 1950's mental patient is so bad. I do love the episode where Worf takes on Gowran. Gowran is my favorite Klingon ever. I also love the Gem Hadar. Do you like enterprise?

Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. Used to really be into The Walking Dead but it's pretty much become schlock now.

Stranger Things' 80s atmosphere and synth music has massive Pony parody potential, imo.

15 hours ago, Cherry-Pie said:

Ds9 is the silmarillion of the trek world. It's the best place to lsearn about the extended lore, but it is also somewhat unpleasant to consume. I did watch all of it though, the episode where captain Cisco is a 1950's mental patient is so bad. I do love the episode where Worf takes on Gowran. Gowran is my favorite Klingon ever. I also love the Gem Hadar. Do you like enterprise?

I think the episodes centering around Sisko really shows how good of an actor that Avery Brooks is.  I really like those episodes where he plays a man in the 50's though I think the pacing of those episodes could've been a little better, there's something about them that feels like they're dragging on I don't really know what.  It's also interesting seeing some of the cast out of their makeup and playing as humans.  I like the Cardassians, I really like their design and the episode where Chief O'Brien is arrested and held trial by the them felt more amusing to me than serious.  The Founders are pretty cool too, I think it would be neat to have abilities like theirs!

I haven't watched much of Enterprise, I actually find them hard to watch myself.  I'm currently trying to just get through TNG and VOY for now and maybe I'll try tackling ENT at some point.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Game of Thrones, Scrubs, Parks and Recreations, Doctor Who, All in The Family, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I used to watch the walking dead. I haven't seen Stranger Things yet but I plan to.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia might be my favorite live action series just for the sheer absurdity. If you haven't seen The Nightman Cometh episode you really should check it out. Along with CharDee MacDennis: Game of Games, The Gang Gets Trapped, and The Gang Spies Like U.S. if I can recommend some to start with.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 1

For the adult shows; The Office (US), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, That 70's Show, Seinfeld, The George Lopez Show, Malcolm in the Middle, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, and Mythbusters. I find myself mainly sticking with It's Always Sunny, The Office, and The George Lopez Show.

As for the kids/teen shows; Drake and Josh, ICarly, Ned's Declassified: School Survival Guide, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody/On Deck, Kickin' It, ANT Farm, Wizards of Waverly Place, etc. But, I really haven't watched any of these in quite a while.

• Brohoof 2