Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Complain About Something

Altastrofae
Message added by Jeric

This topic is for general venting. This is not the proper platform to complain about the MLPF Community or Forum Issues. We have an entire section devoted to that. Thank you

5 hours ago, Shiki said:

No one understands my sense of humour anymore.

tumblr_inline_oxheo4u0gX1rhbvyx_250.gif

I sometimes feel I’m the only one who sucks at jokes, hyperbole, metaphor, etc. I do enjoy them usually, but sometimes they fly right over my head; or I make them, and they fly over others' heads.

• 1 month later...

My work is having The Kentucky derpy race on and I always hated horse race. I hate it how they would called these riders a “jock” when they’re not even running! Or how they credited them for doing the work to win the race. No. All they do is ride and guide. The horses is the one doing most the work for their lazy ass.  I despite horse race.

• Brohoof 1

Took me wayyyyyyy too goddamn long to locate this thread, since the Followed feed didn't show it for some reason. Main complaint is below, I just wanted to add this one while I was at it .w.

Anyway

This whole "fuck the police" mentality has gone too far.
I'm fully against police violence, but not against police in general. They protect us, do their best to eliminate threats, so we aren't forced back into the times of Law of the Strongest.

I was just arguing about someone who outright claimed all cops were abusive, "bastards and oppressors by virtue of the institution they voluntarily work in". He stated they "actively, disproportionately arrest and murder" LGBTQ people; in a country where Pride parades are a thing.
The funny part was reading the police institution was "authoritarian"... you think anyone would be allowed to call them names, actively shit on them and want them all dead, if that were the case?

It's pretty annoying when the weather acts up at the least minute, as it puts a damper on my routine. Granted, Melbourne weather is a meme in itself, so it's to be expected, but it can still be annoyingly schizophrenic.

Cats thinking that planting pots make good beds, stepping stool, litter box or playground. That really puts me off. I can no longer put my plants on the wall because this single cat keep on digging my pot. 

The current goverment of my country. :P They are doing a pretty bad job at governing. Fighting among themselves, making impossible promises, taking selfies in bathtubs, they are just brilliant. Hahaha. 

Studying. I always dislike school. I don't mind some subjects, but why is history compulsory. Studying just throws my brain into the ocean.

DC attempting to make live superhero movies. Seriously. They should stop and continue Young Justice's side comics instead.

Hiccups. I swear to god there's no one method that will make them go away (That I know of). Yes, there's a chance but I just had a hiccup for the past 5 minutes. I finally got it to go away after breaking my headphones. I get irrationally angry at hiccups. Don't judge.

*Somebody makes a long, insightful reaction* 1, maybe 2 upvotes.

*Somebody else says a couple of platitudes that mean nothing* At least 5 upvotes, or 50 if you're on the f***ed place that is Reddit.

General internet user behavior that defies f***ing logic. :unamused: Seriously, somebody takes their time to actual think about a detailed and nuanced response to something, it would really only be courteous to reward them for their time and effort to actually make a serious post with meaning. Instead, merely a couple of words with no real meaning getting ALL of the positive reactions in a thread. :baconmane:  It really drives me crazy. It almost makes me think that stuff like this allows the BS politics of the far right and fake left neo-liberals to thrive in this day and age, with our short-@$$ attention spans, and it has NOTHING to do with Millenials! This has been going on since the tail end of the 60's! It's just intensifying now... :dry:

Anyways before I get on a political rant about idiots on both "sides" (both sides my @$$), I'll just say that the entire phenomenon is just f***ing ridiculous. Some people take their f***ing time and WHAT do they get rewarded with? Normal responses include "get a life" and "how long did it take you to type that?" Can't anyone appreciate nuance and real posts anymore? Or has society just gotten to the depths of trying to call everyone names? Because that's what it feels like, basement dwellers.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Doctor Derpy said:

Hiccups. I swear to god there's no one method that will make them go away (That I know of). Yes, there's a chance but I just had a hiccup for the past 5 minutes. I finally got it to go away after breaking my headphones. I get irrationally angry at hiccups. Don't judge.

I mighta judged if I didn't know how terrible that can be.
One evening I hiccuped almost non-stop for, what, two hours? Then I woke up this mornin, and had it for at least ten minutes...

I was planning to bring it up just now, bit funny you did first.

Apparently, it's a leftover reflex from when it was necessary to suck water into your mouth and push it through your gills? Looks like Mama Nature forgot to evolution fully, after we developed lungs for aerial respiration.

1 hour ago, DusksuD said:

*Somebody makes a long, insightful reaction* 1, maybe 2 upvotes.

*Somebody else says a couple of platitudes that mean nothing* At least 5 upvotes, or 50 if you're on the f***ed place that is Reddit.

Takes a long while to judge, and thus appreciate (or not...), longer content.

I've been feelin down recently for this reason, since my written works stopped gettin feedback.
Some shitty doodle still draws reactions (pun intended) because it's quicker to decide whether you like it or not. A story or poem requires reading first, and some people lack the energy or time for that, especially if it's long.

Not gonna lie, though I complain about the same thing, I am also guilty of that behavior the last few years...

(edited)

Seriously, if you call someone an SJW without context or a libtard at all, you have lost ALL credibility you could POSSIBLY have in my eyes. :unamused: Yes, the same thing applies to "Nazi" or "Anti-SJW" without proper context. There's no argument to be had with name-callers and those who engage in ad-hom.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

Yesterday I would've loved to just take one of the drive thru cash registers at work and throw it out the window. What a slow piece of crap. Crashed out of nowhere and took 15 minutes to reboot, creating a massive traffic jam in our drive thru. I felt so bad for everyone who had to wait.

I have to "train/ supervise" new hires on top of doing my two other jobs next to an industrial oven on a summer's day in a factory with no air conditioning for 9 hours a day for less than what some states call minimum wage and only 5 days vacation a year, for the foreseeable future. Our mandatory overtime has been bumped from every other Saturday to every Saturday, with a one hour earlier start time then the week day shifts.

And now I just found out that we've all been called in to work mandatory overtime on Sunday now. I will have worked 10 days straight by the time the 4th comes around. I don't care if it's double time. This is BS. People are not gonna stay with the company if they keep pushing this on us. Myself included. 

4 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

Shit, yeah @Denim&Venom you should look for work elsewhere. No reasonable soul should blame you for wanting to leave that kind of abuse.

I mean they love having me there. My boss has endorsed me to other departments. We are just insanely far behind on orders, yet the higher ups made the call to ramp up production anyways.

On top of that, i cant really get what would be a promotion working for another department, because my department is understaffed. We short on not only workers, but good workers. We're not enticing the best of the best to come, let alone stay. So we're basically grabbing whatever unskilled labor will take the rates and hours. So there's no one good enough to repalace me. 

My boss tells me to keep applying to other departments but he said he wouldn't blame me if I went elsewhere. 

Seems to me like your immediate boss is a good man, even though it's the abusive morons in charge.

But honestly... it isn't your responsibility to keep the department afloat.
Especially not at the expense of your mental and physical health. That is the last thing you owe total strangers treating you like a drone.

In the long run, as they keep demanding more and more, your performance is going to decline alongside your health, until you're depleted. If anything, that's going to make everything worse, for both parties; delay the business disaster making everyone suffer longer, and completely destroy you in the process.

You're not the first one I heard say, "I do everything, they can't replace me if I leave".
Well, lemme tell you what I told the other person:
mind your own goddamn well-being.

Am I right to assume those "higher-ups" were warned about the situation, and knowingly chose to pressure everyone else anyway?
So their star employee's departure will leave them hangin, boo-fucking-hoo; it's not like they're victims of the circumstances. They're already doing everything in their power to ensure that is exactly what happens. If those twats wanted people to flock there and stick around, they shoulda made better decisions, not you.

It's not on you to make up for the "higher-ups" having no work ethic or a viable business strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

Curse you Dodge for putting the fuel filter in the fuel pump on my truck. Gonna make for one hell of a pain in the ass to replace.