Recommended Posts

Have you been to a sleepover? If not, do you plan on having or going to one in the future?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben

My earliest sleep overs were at a friend's house. We'd have mac&cheese, dino chicken nuggets, and watch the crocodile hunter, power rangers, or something dinosaur related. And during the day just ride bikes or scooters around the block. One time I brought over a goose egg I'd been given and my friend accidently broke it. It was rather rancid. My next sort of sleep overs were with my neighbor after we'd moved elsewhere. We'd call them fiestas for some reason. We'd play on the Nintendo 64, go to the corner store where thay had those bags of candy that were 2 for a dollar, then stuff ourselves in a tent in the back yard. I don't think he ever actually stayed the night. He'd get homesick and just leave even though he was right next door. Another friend I'd stay at his place mostly. Play games, stay up late to watch moves, eat pizza and nachos. Or I guess try to stay up late. At home I could stay up till midnight without even trying but at his place it was almost impossible for some reason. He had a bunk bed where the bottom was replaced with a peice of plywood and on top of that was this whole lego town he built. We'd play with it of course but we were usually careful. But one time we just went into a Godzilla level of destruction mode. Next year they took out the plywood and framing bar to convert the bottom into a desk. The second to last sleep over I had at my place was crazy. It was my 16th birthday, and we had gone paintballing for the first time. We came home and had a ridiculous amount of mac&cheese, garlic bread, and then a devil's food cake lined with KitKat bars and rows of candy corn on top. Then we watched Iron Sky, and the next morning we had a buffet style breakfast and my friends were using blankets to slide down our stairs, almost got in trouble for that. It was a great time. The last time they all spent the night we just hung out and watched YouTube I think. I had moved to a place out of the way, and in the morning I showed them the abandoned houses in the area but that got boring because we had moved to a rural area so it was long walks to look at a dilapidated peice of crap. We mostly had sleep overs at another friend's house because it was the most central between us all and his parents didn't mind much. Last time I spent the night was last Halloween. It's tradition of sorts now even though we don't do much and I'm usually the only one dressed up :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time ago. Four of them in fact. Nothing too crazy. Just played video games, watched movies and held Pokémon tournaments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually didn't do that much. The only instance I remember was actually a church event way back when I was in middle school. All of the youth of the church stayed overnight for reasons I can not remember anymore. I remember we stayed up super late playing board games and stuff. And then talking about this old chapel in the church which we didn't have services in and how it was haunted. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had loads of sleepovers since those were my favorite weekend activities as a kid. :grin: One specific sleepover occasion I remember is one when I was in primary school - me and the friend whose house I was staying at were watching Bananas in Pyjamas very late at night and somehow found the theme song oddly funny at the start of every episode.

There's also something very mysterious yet cozy about seeing the living room at a friend's house being empty and dark in the middle of the night. I can't exactly describe the feeling but I really like it, bonus points if there's still film watching going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, when I was 8 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Royce said:

Sure, when I was 8 years old.

How was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to go on sleepovers with an old friend of mine when I was a kid(I don't even remember how old I was).  It was fun, I remember fangirling over david bowie when we watched The Labyrinth or watching movies in her parent's room.  There were a lot of mosquitoes where she lived so we couldn't go out very often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, yeah, tons! My 13th birthday party was a sleep over with six other middle school girls. Bless my mother's heart. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Oh, yeah, tons! My 13th birthday party was a sleep over with six other middle school girls. Bless my mother's heart. XD

Do you still have many sleepovers to this day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Feather Data said:

Do you still have many sleepovers to this day?

Heh, no. I'm 27 now and don't have many irl friends.

Closest thing I got to a sleepover recently was last year. I took a week off work to spend a week with my best friend in Ohio. Technically, I "slept over" at her house.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None that I can remember. Unless boy scout camping trips count. Otherwise, nope. Never really had any friends growing up, and still don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Heh, no. I'm 27 now and don't have many irl friends.

Closest thing I got to a sleepover recently was last year. I took a week off work to spend a week with my best friend in Ohio. Technically, I "slept over" at her house.

age should not stop you from having sleepovers, though, the lack of local friends might be an obstacle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope;never.

Can boys even have sleepovers? It always seemed like a girl thing to me.

Actually the more I think about it.. I don't get invited to many things irl tbh.

:/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Messy Mane said:

Nope;never.

Can boys even have sleepovers? It always seemed like a girl thing to me.

Actually the more I think about it.. I don't get invited to many things irl tbh.

:/

 

Sleepovers are for both genders. It is usually a girl's/guy's night out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never, not a fan  of sleeping over with other people other than family members....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the term "sleepover" does connotate more towards the female demographic, while the term "staying over" is usually referenced between males. But eitherway, it's for anyone so whatever lol.


I have indeed had "sleep overs" but they were usually unplanned. Me and my best friend would pull all-nighters constantly and do nothing but bs around, play video games, talk, crack jokes, write or just do something creative. That and it was back when I smoked, so we whould shove a big thick towel between the door and the floor that way no one else could smell we were smoking. We didn't wanna go stand outside, especially if it was cold! So we lit some incense, and smoked in her bedroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have had many sleepovers before, usually all with the same friend though, I don't think I've ever had any sleepovers with anyone but my one best friend :huh:

I don't have any sleepovers anymore, I moved to a different state and I don't have any real friends anymore, though once a year in the summertime my old best friend will come up and spend a week at my house, so that's probably the closest thing I have to a "sleepover" nowadays.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooh this is a fun topic!! :love: I've been to many sleepovers, the most recent one was at a friend's house back in January. That was actually my first time staying the night at a friend's house, believe it or not. Every other time I would sleepover at my Aunt's house with my cousins, or at my Grandma's house. 

Me and my friend had so much fun, we watched movies, ate snacks and just did really stupid but fun stuff. :P We even raided the local gas station with the small amount of money my friend's mom gave us. All we bought was candy and Cokes. :lol: Even pulled an all-nighter. We're planning on me coming over again sometime soon.

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, though I'd stay longer... usually a week. Though once I stayed nearly a month with a friend, sadly it was also the last time I saw him because... regrets. Now a days I don't stay over because I have a job and responsibilities, though I plan on renting a place with one of those friends. So it will be just like the sleepovers... but a lot longer.


 

14 hours ago, Memento Mori said:

Usually the term "sleepover" does connotate more towards the female demographic, while the term "staying over" is usually referenced between males. But eitherway, it's for anyone so whatever lol.

 I read this in Spikes voice, from your profile picture, it actually made me laugh a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

yes, though I'd stay longer... usually a week. Though once I stayed nearly a month with a friend, sadly it was also the last time I saw him because... regrets. Now a days I don't stay over because I have a job and responsibilities, though I plan on renting a place with one of those friends. So it will be just like the sleepovers... but a lot longer.
 

Sleepovers, all you really need is friends, someone to host (i.e. one of your friends) some activities, pajamas, sleeping bags, and there you go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Ooooh this is a fun topic!! :love: I've been to many sleepovers, the most recent one was at a friend's house back in January. That was actually my first time staying the night at a friend's house, believe it or not. Every other time I would sleepover at my Aunt's house with my cousins, or at my Grandma's house. 

Me and my friend had so much fun, we watched movies, ate snacks and just did really stupid but fun stuff. :P We even raided the local gas station with the small amount of money my friend's mom gave us. All we bought was candy and Cokes. :lol: Even pulled an all-nighter. We're planning on me coming over again sometime soon.

Glad you like the topic!

I really want to go to a sleepover, maybe with one of my college friends or at a pony convention.

  • yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2018 at 4:53 PM, Feather Data said:

Have you been to a sleepover? If not, do you plan on having or going to one in the future?

Does a drunken night out count? If not then no :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had so many sleepovers as a kid. Sometimes with friends from school, sometimes with my twin cousins. Started doing it again in college... one person would host a sleepover in their dorm and we would watch movies or play games till 3 or 4 am before falling asleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BloodDrops said:

Does a drunken night out count? If not then no :P

No, it has to be a sleepover at a friend or relative's house, in your pajamas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.