Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow Dash capable of showing kindness similar to Fluttershy?

ccb20yes

One of the reasons she is my favorite pony is how she can be real sweet sometimes. it surprises me seeing a normally tomboyish girl act this way. other than scootaloo, can she be really kind and gentle on the same manner as Fluttershy, like if i was depressed or something?

• Brohoof 1

:thinking:

Maybe she has split personality? Or mayb she had such experiences in the past that she knows when she can be cool, and when she can be chilled. I don't know other reason for now.

Yeah, personally I think she's capable of showing the same kind of gentleness and kindness like Fluttershy, but it may take a few layers to get there. She strikes me more as someone who first tries to support and encourage her friends, then hangs out with them and tries to cheer them up, if nothing of that works and it really looks like there's no other way to go I can see RD putting down her mask and showing a kind of gentleness or kindness like Fluttershy. Like just sitting next to someone, listening, not even needing to say something but just being there for a friend.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

she can be very kind,and usually is>_>, but she doesn't let us see it as she considers it a weakness of some sort:dash:, she cares too much for her image and tries to look cool at all timesB)

• Brohoof 1

I think the show doesn't spend enough time on her. They always show her immature side and everything she says just doesn't feel genuine. So it's hard to tell, but yes behind the scenes she probably has a kinder side.

If by 'similar' you mean the motherly way she behaves when an animal is in need, then maybe.

If you mean showing kindness Rainbow Dash's style in a conflicting moment as Fluttershy would have (Friendship is Magic pt. 2, Keep Calm and Flutter On, It Ain't Easy Being Breezies, The Movie) then no, that's makes Fluttershy the element of kindness.

Fluttershy's emotionality stems from an underdeveloped personality, ego or personal power, despite what fits she might have accomplished.

This allows her to understand the state of being of other creatures, from an emotional perspective that others might ignore, known as compassion. Emotions translates as exposure or vulnerability, something the ego is meant to cover up for.

Rainbow dash, just as any other pony, has the capability to express it as well, but her own personality might sometimes get in the way of discerning how her action can affect others.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 3

I think she can but she's a tomboy who see's it as being weak or uncool so normally she goes to great lengths to hide it unless she can show it in an appropriate way or is pushed past the point where it matters. We see it most with Scootaloo or Tank but it is there with others especially if she thinks she can find an appropriate way to encourage them without compromising her image like the Buckball tournament. Take the scene in hurrican fluttershy where she obviously wants to go after Fluttershy to comfort her but can't bring herself to do so and gets frustrated. This is not the expression of a pony only thinking of herself.

Come back.png

I see no reason why she couldn't. Just because each of the Mane Six represent an Element doesn't mean they can't display any of the other Elements as well, they simply have a stronger affinity for their own. If that wasn't the case nopony but Applejack could be honest. I think that Rainbow could definitely match Fluttershy's kindness in certain situations.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Rainbow Dash can be Kind like Fluttershy sometimes but not always Fluttershy is almost always Kind but I wouldn't say Rainbow Dash is mean all of the mane 6 have been known to be mean at times when any of them have gotten mad before even Fluttershy

I always think she does have a kinder side but it's harder for her to express it and she have a different way of showing it.

Of course she is. As out lined in Season 8 Episode 20, she can be caring but abrasive at times. Her character would be pretty boring to watch if she didn't have some sort of flaw with her that might get in the way of her caring for another pony.

• Brohoof 2

As I mentioned elsewhere look at the annual sister camping trip when they're going deeper into the cave. Rainbow Dash flies, she hovers when talking to ponies, flies while others walk, flies whenever and wherever she can. Its shown in episode after episode no matter the situation even when she loses her cutie mark and is slower than a trotting pony or has her wings flipped by poison joke she still flies over walking. In that episode she's walking with her wing over Scootaloo to comfort her. Its pretty much the only time she voluntarily walks rather than flying and she does it so she can comfort her little sister.