Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite & least favorite Pixar movies?

CandyCorn

Mine are as follows:

Favorites: Finding Nemo/Finding Dory, Cars/Cars 2, Toy Story, Up!, Monsters Inc.
Least favorite: The Incredibles franchise, Monsters University, Ratatouille, Toy Story Sequels (Toy Story 2 was okay).

What are yours? :O

Edited by Team Clayne
Editing my list.

As a Pixar lover, I have to say there were few flops in it's run (and all of them came after a certain point because of something that is to remain unsaid). But in general they've been good. Heck, there are good movies in the WORST list that's how clean Pixar's record still remains. Before I get into it, I have to mention that I have yet to watch the following movies: Coco, Inside Out, Cars 3, The Good Dinosaur,  and The Incredibles 2.

Best 

1. Finding Nemo. An absolute masterpiece of a movie, Finding Nemo checks all of the boxes for an instant classic. Really good humor, a really innovative story, and characters that are more than voice acted. This is probably the movie where the characters felt the most alive to me. They really knocked it out of the park here. 
  2. Toy Story. I cannot believe this movie released 23 years ago. The animation, the story, and the characters don't feel like they've aged 1 year let alone 23. It still feels relevant even in 2018. I really don't know how they did such a feat on their first freaking try (well, they are Pixar...), but BRAVO. 
  3. The Incredibles. Even with a sequel that was supposedly a bit of a flop, The Incredibles as a movie still shines pretty bright. With it's great usage of slapstick, and a well-written story about a superhero family facing normal family hardships, I fail to see how this isn't among the best.
  4. Toy Story 3. I used to rank this above Toy Story 1, but upon closer inspection, I have to say all of the same positive things, with one additional negative. The plot was a tad bit generic. The "Great Escape" type plot really has been overused. But nonetheless, it's still among the best Pixar has ever produced.
  5. Wall-E. I can see why this is rated among the best Pixar has ever done. The story, the charm, the atmosphere. They all are quintessentially Pixar in every possible way that a post-apocalyptic movie could be. The ending was also probably the best out of every Pixar film (that says something), and that really helps.

Worst

1. Cars 2. How can I be made to really believe Pixar made THIS pile of filth and released it into the world without an apology? Humor almost as bad as Powerpuff Girls 2016, a plot that's among the worst ripoffs of a Bond movie ever known to mankind, and a premise that in itself lends itself to absurd levels of distaste. 
  2. Brave. I could describe this film using a single word, and that is BORING. The plot is very undercooked, the characters have little charm, and the entire second half could have been prevented if Merida wasn't STUPID, and the poor comedy made me originally think I was watching a bad DREAMWORKS film...
  3. Monsters University. A pretty mediocre, cash grab prequel that reminds me of why I have problems with Disney. I know this is a Pixar film, but it reeks of Disney dictatorship. I really don't know how to describe the issues it has other than just saying "meh." But that should be enough to signify what I mean.
  4. A Bug's Life. This actually came between the first two Toy Story films, and it didn't live up to them whatsoever. The story seemed a bit uninteresting and some of the humor doesn't really hit, but this isn't a bad movie, it's just nota good film for the whole family. Just for the kids, as they wouldn't see the issues it has
  5. Cars. Yes, Cars 1 is on my worst list. But as I said, good movies made the worst list, and this is the one. Cars is actually a solid movie, pretty much made by  Mater's portrayal. I also have to give some points to the creativity of the story itself. But the thing is that that's not enough to make it above fifth worst.
Edited by ~Dusky~

my favorite is Finding Nemo, followed by monsters, inc.
my least favorite is Ratatouile

note that there are alot that i just haven't watched so my list could be very different

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

my least favorite is Ratatouile

Oh! I forgot this one. I never liked that one much either. The only reason I can't stand The Incredibles is because one time at school... we had a choice to watch it or this other movie. I voted for the other, while everyone else voted for Incredibles. So, guess what we end up watching? :stressed: Ever since then... I can't stand the franchise.

A Bug's Life would have made my list, but it's kind weird for me to watch now that I'm older. I did like the movie when it first came out... but now I'm sort of "eh" about it. The only reason why I like the first two Cars movies is because Mater makes them tolerable. He's so adorable.

Edited by Team Clayne

My favorites:

The Incredibles (the first one). It's so groundbreaking and brilliantly executed. It's among my all-time favorites of any movies, not just Pixar's.

Toy Story 2. It's hard to pick one of these as the best of the series since all three are sublime. But this is my best shot at it.

Least favorites:

Brave. Honestly, how many times do we have to get beaten over the head with the same topic?

Cars. I didn't like the idea of Lightning McQueen being imprisoned in that 'hillbilly hell' and forced to like it as well.

• Brohoof 1

Favorites: Ratatouille, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles, Incredibles 2, Up, Inside Out, Toy Story, Coco, A Bug's Life

Least Favorites: Cars 2, Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur, Brave

Edited by CinemaBrony

I love Pixar, they have created many of my favorite films of all time. If I have to pick my favorite, would be the Incredibles. Cars and Toy Story 3 are runner ups. They have some duds as well however, and these are: Brave and Wall-E. The former was rather inconsequential, and the latter gave me a rather sour taste in my mouth

Favorites:

• Toy Story
  • Cars
  • A Bugs Life
  • The Incredibles

Least Favorite:

• Finding Nemo: I actually liked this movie but it was severely overplayed by my family and even in some public areas. 
  • Cars 2: I tend to feel this way with most sequels. They just lose their magic after the original. 

My top five consists of the entire Toy Story trilogy, followed by the first Incredibles and Coco. Least favorite is Cars 2 and it's not even close, because at this point I'd just be listing movies I haven't seen like Inside Out, Finding Dory, Cars 3, and The Good Dinosaur, every other Pixar movie, I love to some degree. At least the first Cars movie had that Pixar heart, Cars 2 felt like something you'd expect out of the worst Direct to DVD Disney movies

My least favorite Disney/Pixar movies are:

1. Monsters, Inc.
  2. Cars
  3. Coco
  4. Finding Nemo
  5. Finding Dory
  6. Up
  7. Inside Out
  8. WALL-E

My favorite Disney/Pixar films are:

1. The Incredibles 2
  2. Toy Story 3