Worried about Season 9.

CastletonSnob

I don't care who's on the team. I just want a good season more than a good series finale. And if it turns out bad, so be it.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like every season there is a conversation about this. And every season is basically the same... Season opener, a bunch of episodes that may or not be related, season finale. And every season some people like it, some people disliked it, and then the same for every episode.

But far be it from me telling people what to think. 

MLP-FIM is in a good position, when it's closing up while it's winning and it has the benefit of knowing this is the last season. This let the producers work towards something satisfactory because they don't have to worry about making sure everything can be left open to be explored in a next season. We can have an ending. Closure.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I'm not too worried about season 9, especially with Haber, Dubuc, and Big Jim heading the ship. Season was a damned solid season, so while anything is possible, I'm fairly optimistic.

S8 was a really spotty season, but it felt like they had a clear idea of what they wanted to do that season, and I don't think the lows have hit lower than past seasons. I'm still not sold on Haber as a story editor, but S8 did leave me with better confidence with the current writers(and the fact that there are two story editors makes it less likely for bullshit to go through). That said, I've been losing interest in the show for a while.

Edited by This Whomps

I fear no man.

I think everyone sets themselves up for stuff to be bad by going in thinking “what if it’s bad!?” And thus spend most of their time trying to look for things they don’t like.

Great, another "this season will definitely suck eggs" thread.

When oh when will this sort of thing ever end?

Oh that's right it never will. 

Edited by PCutter

I am quite worried that Pinkie Pie will not get any good episodes for a second time in a row, since the writers are probably trying to get rid of her with that Yakity-Sax episode, and that they'll give us a fourth season in a row with more Rainbow Dash than anypony else.

Edited by FirePuppy

(edited)
1 hour ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh, I'm friggin' terrified, dude.  I just want the ending to the series to be good.  Please be good.  Please, please, please be good.  Don't f*ck it up.  PLEEEEEEEEASEEEEE!!!

Gonna be honest, I don't trust Haber and the current writing team to make a satisfying ending to the show. I think S9 is gonna be bad. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

I fear no man.

What about pony :fluttershy:?

anyway, I’m a little concerned as well, but it’s because we know virtually nothing of it. HELL, WE KNOW MORE FROM THE LEAKS :mlp_yeehaa:

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

What about pony :fluttershy:?

anyway, I’m a little concerned as well, but it’s because we know virtually nothing of it. HELL, WE KNOW MORE FROM THE LEAKS :mlp_yeehaa:

You'd think Hasbro would be promoting the hell out of the final season of one of their most popular and successful shows ever.

20 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Personally, I'm not too worried about season 9, especially with Haber, Dubuc, and Big Jim heading the ship. Season was a damned solid season, so while anything is possible, I'm fairly optimistic.

Which season was a damned good season? You seemed to have left out the Season number.

7 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I am quite worried that Pinkie Pie will not get any good episodes for a second time in a row, since the writers are probably trying to get rid of her with that Yakity-Sax episode, 

That's just harsh, man! Saying the writers are trying to get rid of one of the Mane Characters? Well, that's not good business sense.

Edited by Will Guide

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

You'd think Hasbro would be promoting the hell out of the final season of one of their most popular and successful shows ever.

Well, previous seasons weren't plagued by leaks as big as last one either, and I bet they are still in damage control mode  :mlp_yeehaa:. Anyway, you're right, it's kinda strange they hardly have given any info by now. What has been officially stated is that: it exist, and it'll be 26 episodes long

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Which season was a damned good season? You seemed to have left out the Season number.

That's just harsh, man! Saying the writers are trying to get rid of one of the Mane Characters? Well, that's not good business sense.

Season 8; I mean. Apologies. ^^;

6 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I don’t have the weirdly perpetual hate boner that others seem to have for a show they are still watching for some reason.

I know, right?  Isn't that a weird thing?  And I'm one of those people!  And I frickin' hate myself for it sometimes.  I mean, I love the show, but... idk... I have a weird love/hate relationship with it.  It lifted me out of my depression, but then I got overly attached to it, and I take it personally and get really bent out of shape when there's a continuity error, or they make a decision I don't like.  F*ck, I'm one of these jackasses that gets all butthurt when the show does something that didn't perfectly align with my headcanons.  And I hate myself for it!  I don't want to be that way!  How did I end up like this?  It's the only show, really the only thing period that I've ever been like that with.  Everything else I can just enjoy with no strings attached.  And if it turns to crap, then I stop watching and don't care.  But this... I just let myself get all sucked in and invested in an unhealthy way.  I try to work on it, though.  I've noticed that the more I work on my depression in other, real life ways, the less intense the Pony problem becomes.

20 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Gonna be honest, I don't trust Haber and the current writing team to make a satisfying ending to the show. I think S9 is gonna be bad. 

Then that's on you. I couldn't care less about who's working on it. I'm not letting you or anyone else get in my way of watching it again after 2-3 years of not watching it

On 2/7/2019 at 12:39 AM, Bas said:

Season is a solid season!

While I think s8 failed in expectations for the first third or half, the last one contained one of the best episodes I have ever watched on FiM.

Also, was Haber working on s8? I don't even know who she/he is lol.

Nor do you care who this person and what s/he did to make s8 so "terrible"?

22 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh, I'm friggin' terrified, dude.  I just want the ending to the series to be good.  Please be good.  Please, please, please be good.  Don't f*ck it up.  PLEEEEEEEEASEEEEE!!!

This is sarcasm isn't it?

6 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I know, right?  Isn't that a weird thing?  And I'm one of those people!  And I frickin' hate myself for it sometimes.  I mean, I love the show, but... idk... I have a weird love/hate relationship with it.  It lifted me out of my depression, but then I got overly attached to it, and I take it personally and get really bent out of shape when there's a continuity error, or they make a decision I don't like.  F*ck, I'm one of these jackasses that gets all butthurt when the show does something that didn't perfectly align with my headcanons.  And I hate myself for it!  I don't want to be that way!  How did I end up like this?  It's the only show, really the only thing period that I've ever been like that with.  Everything else I can just enjoy with no strings attached.  And if it turns to crap, then I stop watching and don't care.  But this... I just let myself get all sucked in and invested in an unhealthy way.  I try to work on it, though.  I've noticed that the more I work on my depression in other, real life ways, the less intense the Pony problem becomes.

I'm sure I can literally feel the hysterics here. 

Edited by PCutter

Honestly, I expect it to be... normal? Some good episodes, some bad. I hope for satisfactury finale though. Something with decent ending and closure but still open enough to leave space for fanfics and wondering, because in the end it's no fun when you know everything that happens :) . Let's hope creators give their best too, since this their farewell to the show as well.