Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Purge became a reality, what would you do?

KillerKingBakudan
Message added by Jeric

Reminder that any post that specifies desire for violence is against the spirit of the rules on here. Be careful guys. 

Also,

“OF COURSE WE CENSOR! WHAT ELSE ARE WE GOING TO SEASON OUR SOUP WITH BUT THE SALT OF THE PEOPLE!”

:P

15 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

What I don't get with scenarios like this is why everyone is always so focused on murdering and the like. I honestly think the purge would consist less of murderers and rapists and more of thirteen-year-olds getting shitfaced at the nearest bar. I'm not saying it'd be completely safe, just that it won't be as bad as people think. 

Isn't Mardi Gras sort of a very toned down version of it? An interesting kind of hypocrisy since its based on the Catholic concept of Lent, a time when people are supposed to shed off all sorts of temptations. So they have one wild week of nothing but temptation before hand. A sort of "Party like it's 1999" kind of reaction to a pre-apocalypse. I remember having a weird idea about this, if a new theocracy was created, Mardi Gras evolved (or deveolved) into "Week of the 7 Sins," where on each day, one of the Sins was perfectly legal and would not be punished by either State or God. The final day of the celebration being the scariest because it was murder.

We've got a ton of raised garden beds in our backyard, and we're always working on small projects, so I'd dig out a space underneath one, furnish it with the basic things I'll need and wait out the carnage. It wouldn't look out of place and it'd be cheap and effective.

I would embezzle money and commit bank fraud. Hey, it was legal during the Purge so I get to keep the money.

Or I would run a factory and dump all the toxic waste into the river, thus saving me thousands of dollars in disposal costs.

Edited by BronyNumber2
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, I was just going to say “make sure I’m out of the country on that day” :P 

If the world was somehow all one country... make sure I’m out of the planet then, maybe? :derp: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls

First I would create a charity. Then I would spend all year collecting donations and having fundraisers for that charity. Then on the night of the purge I simply transfer all that money to my personal bank account.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, BronyNumber2 said:

I would install electrical work non code compliant. Then copy a bunch of movies and sell them.

Seriously, the premise of those movies is so dumb.

I know, right? Any country that does something like the Purge is just begging their enemies to attack them at their weakest.

I would invest in defenses that would be used on my home. I would hide inside of my home until the event passed. 

I would go out on the highway, find shit drivers, and throw hammers at their windshields. Also steal a bunch of shit idk.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:07 AM, Gestum said:

First I would create a charity. Then I would spend all year collecting donations and having fundraisers for that charity. Then on the night of the purge I simply transfer all that money to my personal bank account.

Now see, this guy is thinking.

Well most people are unable to actually be violent in a lethal fashion easily. On Killing and On Combat by LT Col Grossman has shown that.

But in reality, I would grab my bug out gear hole up my family and gather my military buddies to ensure my block was safe. If it got bad enough I would advocate veterans groups or militias to clear out those that want to do violence and crime. When the Govt fails to protect the people, the people protect themselves. 

I’d just steal myself and others a bunch of stuff. Like be a modern day Robin Hood but keep some stuff for myself too but not everything. Honestly murderomg people as a choice for what you’d do for the purge is boring. And over used. 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:07 AM, Gestum said:

I can only come up with a single meme worthy of this 

Image result for clever girl

• 2 weeks later...

I'd take the day off, probably go get some fried chicken and lemonade, and then lock myself in my room. Play video games, watch some YouTube, and go to sleep. Pretty normal weekend for me. :p

• 1 month later...