Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the Princess' can survive in space?

Azureth

I think it's realistic for the Princesses to use their magic to form an oxygen bubble around themselves thereby facilitating extended survivability in space... maybe for like an hour at maximum though, lol.

Might I ask what prompted the inquiry, OP? Are you perhaps fantasizing about DBZ-esque space battles in the Season 9 finale? If so, I can completely relate. ^^;

J7XJs15.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well considering the bubble deal would trap air that would make short term possible. But magic in the MLP universe tends to be whatever it needs to be if you just find the right spell I am pretty sure there would just be a "breath in space' spell that they know. 

• Brohoof 1

Well maybe. Could be a spell for that like mentioned in the above post. Maybe they could breathe in space for a bit before they need the spell or maybe they just need the spell in general. Who knows. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I think anypony that can cast advanced spells could survive in space, all they have to do is cast the right spells and there are probably ones in the Canterlot Archives that would work.

Most ponies with advanced enough magic could easily survive in space if they cast a spell creating an air bubble around them. Which wouldn't really be much of anything to ask for the princesses or magically inclined unicorns.

• Brohoof 1

Well... Luna most definitely can, considering she was stuck on the moon for 1000 years. Also I doubt she was in suspended animation, as it stated in Predictions & Prophecies: "on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape."

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there's some spell that can let any pony survive in space, but are we saying without anything to shield them from the space? No air, no "breathe in space" spell, nothing easing the cold or the lack of pressure outside their body? That depends when in the series we're pulling the princesses from.  If this were season 1 and they were still essentially immortal goddesses, I'd say they'd easily survive in space. But as the show's gone on and degraded the princesses to the point that they'd struggle to beat even Sweetie Belle in a duel, I don't think season 9 Celestia or Luna stands a chance in space.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I think that they could survive in space by magically producing an aura around their heads that allows them to breathe. Although, that wouldn’t do much good because they would still have to eat and drink water...

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, they're kind of known for their magical abilities, so I feel like they'd find some way to survive.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

I always believed Equestria was as flat as Earth once was believed to be. So no space, just sky and pretty stars painted somewhere up there. But Pinkie had to go and ruin that in "Twilight's Seven". If it is enough for Pinkie to just put a bowl on her head and survive space, then Luna can easily do the same :scoots:

In real life, the pressure would kill, and if not that, the radiation would, and eventually the missing oxygen (obviously).

• Brohoof 1

If Twi can help she and her friends can survive underwater, then the Princesses can easily survive Space. 

NMM definitely did survive space. Watching the first episode from the time her visage vanished from the moon to the time she appeared on the balcony, that being 37 seconds and presuming the distance between the moon and MLPs Earth is the same, means that NMM traveled at 23,239,945 mph.  Or roughly mach 30,300. 

Or maybe she just cast a teleportation spell. That has an average range of 238,855 miles. Not sure which is more impressive.                                             

• Brohoof 1