Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drowning or falling to death?

KillerKingBakudan

If I had to choose such horrible situations, I say I rather want as much visibility as possible (at least a few would enjoy it). Pushed from a helicopter does give you a nice ride, and a very spectacular splash on the pavement. It also seems rather quick. This choice was too easy! :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Cagey said:

Falling to death, hands down. Drowning and other forms of suffocation are personally the worst way to go. 

Spoiler

Yes, but if you could make the eyes pop out in the process, and there were people watching, maybe it would be a spectacular death that people would remember? As long as you are remembered, you are technically still existing. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Splashee said:
  Hide contents

Yes, but if you could make the eyes pop out in the process, and there were people watching, maybe it would be a spectacular death that people would remember? As long as you are remembered, you are technically still existing. :wacko:

Spoiler

Gotta say, you make a good point, but I still don’t think it’s worth it. :nom:

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Falling cause I’m pretty sure drowning causes your lungs to burn with water, thus making the death longer and more painful.

Nuu but then you’ll basically be exploded :c

I won’t say which I prefer because the universe will take my word for it and make it happen sooner than later. Stupid jerk, scumbag universe :maud: .

• Brohoof 1

On 5/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Nsxile said:

I choose the second option, as it does not mean certain death (although the empire state building is 443 meters tall, the highest recorded fall survived without a parachute is 10,160 meters), whereas drowning in the middle of the ocean and being weighed down does.

Then again their are far worse things than death, you could be completely paralyzed for the rest of your life! 

• Brohoof 1

From what I've heard about drowning, it sounds like it's actually quite agonizing as the water fills your lungs. I'd rather fall off a cliff or something, so I just instantly go splat and only feel pain for a split second.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Falling, no question. Drowning is terrifying and painful, it takes a while, and your body's going to fight against it the whole time. Falling, there's not a lot you can do about and there's no pain until you land which should hopefully kill you then and there.

• 2 months later...
On 2019-05-15 at 8:21 PM, The Wife of Rengoku said:

I would rather fall. The impact would immediately take you out. I have also heard of people having heart attacks mid-fall so they sometimes go before even hitting the ground. Drowning is a process and there is much suffering involved.

I would rather Fall to my death than drowning too 

Falling would be quicker, so I'd go with that. Would also give me the chance to blurt out a cheesy one-liner before I hit the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of a grim topic...

I would have to go with drowning.

On 2019-05-16 at 7:23 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

I'm gonna have to go with drowning. From what I've read it's actually very pleasant. :unsure: 

But then again after reading some of the replies on this thread I think I may be wrong. Falling might be the better choice here. :laugh:

I've had some experiences with this. In high school, I got through all my swim testing very early in the semester, so I would just swim lengths underwater holding my breath. when I was running out of air I would feel "buzzy" in my legs and arms and start getting tunnel vision after about 4 laps. Because of this I would always tell the teacher I was doing these laps beforehand. Another time at my family's cottage I was on a neighbors big raft island thing, and the wind blew my smaller innertube raft away in the water. Like an idiot I decided to swim after it. I realized that the water was deeper than my height pretty quickly and started getting tired. The wind kept blowing the raft and I kept swimming and getting more and more exhausted. Then I suddenly got this weird calm feeling that I should just stop swimming.:confused:

I then got a strong NOPE feeling, along with a rush of adrenaline and swam harder and caught up to the raft and it took over two minutes to catch my breath. Looking back at the shore, I couldn't believe how far I swam.

I think drowning would be the better of the two options, but I would try to hold my breath as long as possible, as inhaling water wouldn't be good.

The problem with the falling option that most people forget to consider is that you'll reach a terminal velocity. The very bad thing is that the speed your nerves transmit signals is at least 100mph faster than your final falling speed will be. So for at least a split second, your brain will be inundated with unimaginably agonizing horrific pain.:worry::blink:

Edited by Cirrus.