Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drowning or falling to death?

KillerKingBakudan

You've been given a death sentence, but have the option of being thrown in either of these two inescapable situations:

1. Your hands are cuffed, your feet are weighted down by cement shoes, and you're dropped in the middle of an ocean.  

2. Your hands and feet are cuffed, and you're pushed out of a helicopter flying just above the top of the Empire State Building. Your landing spot is smack dab in the middle of an intersection.  

What will it be?

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather drown as you'll probably lose consciousness shortly while falling you're litteraly forced to watch as you then collide with the ground.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I choose the second option, as it does not mean certain death (although the empire state building is 443 meters tall, the highest recorded fall survived without a parachute is 10,160 meters), whereas drowning in the middle of the ocean and being weighed down does.

Edited by Nsxile
  • Brohoof 1

Second option, as I feel the death would be way easier to take.

First option, you'll be drowning and panicking for a certain amount of time while the second, once you reach the ground, it's over.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

1. Your hands are cuffed, your feet are weighted down by cement shoes, and you're dropped in the middle of an ocean.  

From what height? If dropped from far enough up, the impact of the water itself will be enough to kill, or at least knock me unconscious. If this is the case, I'd go with this one over the intersection drop, because at least my death won't be as much as a public safety hazard.

But if the intention is to drown while aware, as it probably is, then I'll take the latter.

(edited)

I prefer a slow and peaceful kind of death so I chose drowning. Plus you have some few more second to try to escape compare to falling from a tall building.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Pepper Mint said:

From what height? If dropped from far enough up, the impact of the water itself will be enough to kill, or at least knock me unconscious. If this is the case, I'd go with this one over the intersection drop, because at least my death won't be as much as a public safety hazard.

But if the intention is to drown while aware, as it probably is, then I'll take the latter.

From a small yacht. Dying from just hitting the water alone removes the experience of drowning, so it wouldn't count.

I would rather fall. The impact would immediately take you out. I have also heard of people having heart attacks mid-fall so they sometimes go before even hitting the ground. Drowning is a process and there is much suffering involved.

• Brohoof 1

I've heard that drowning isn't as bad as it sounds... but falling might not be as bad either because it's really quick.
I choose falling. :( I hate the idea of panic (involved in drowning) because I have panic attacks normally... drowning would be so unfathomably horrific for me.
Falling would be so quick I wouldn't have time to panic! Easy.

• Brohoof 1

Falling of course! You might as well be tied up in a concrete walled broom closet with a grenade in our mouth because either way you'll probably explode. Sure it may seem scary, but you're dying anyways, at least you won't be having to deal with broken hip or ruptured organs.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, TBD said:

I prefer a slow and peaceful kind of death so I chose drowning. Plus you have some few more second to try to escape compare to falling from a tall building.

If you could escape by chance of a Jesus miracle. Then your sentence would be absolved. :mlp_laugh: I'd pick 'swim with the fishies':P

Jesus, falling by a long shot. Drowning is one of the most painful ways to die. Just imagine the life and energy slowly being drained from you as you desperately try to swim to the surface, while holding your breath, only to be trapped in complete submersion with no chance of escape. Whereas falling to your death would be quick and instantaneous.

No clue why anyone would choose drowning. :laugh: 

(edited)

I'm gonna have to go with drowning. From what I've read it's actually very pleasant. :unsure: 

But then again after reading some of the replies on this thread I think I may be wrong. Falling might be the better choice here. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I would definitely take falling to a big messy splat in the paved intersection. At least it would be thrilling on the way down and I could go out with a surge of adrenaline. I wound not want to drown under any circumstances; that sounds pretty awful.