Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you ever sometimes miss being a child?

AlicornSpell

Do you ever sometimes miss being a child?  

27 users have voted

1. 1. Do you ever sometimes miss being a child?

• Yes
    • No

Not really. I learned a lot and got to do so many things on my own when I got older. You don't ever get to do that as a kid. 

• Brohoof 1

On occasion. Not just the freedom, the lack of responsibility,  avoiding the weight of the world. But also things from that perspective. How everything used to be so big, so vast, so wondrous. How little things were so moments or thrilling. How the cynicism wasn't there and it felt like there was still magic and wonder to life. Not that all those aren't present as an adult, but they're harder to find. 

• Brohoof 2

I do, pretty often actually. The worst parts of it are something I wouldn't want to relive, but all the good parts, definitely. Especially the times before I went to school were wonderful – I'd go as far as to say they were the best times of my life.

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

On occasion. Not just the freedom, the lack of responsibility,  avoiding the weight of the world. But also things from that perspective. How everything used to be so big, so vast, so wondrous. How little things were so moments or thrilling. How the cynicism wasn't there and it felt like there was still magic and wonder to life. Not that all those aren't present as an adult, but they're harder to find. 

This sums up my thoughts almost exactly. Just expressed a lot better than I would have. :P

• Brohoof 5

Nope, I hated being a kid...  No, I don't think that's fair to say, I had a bad childhood.  If I had a better one?  I might miss being a child then.  I think being trans as a child would've sucked for me with my more "conservative" family, I'm glad I came out when I was older.  The only thing I might've missed was not having to pay rent or bills, not worrying whether or not I could afford groceries, that sort of thing.

(edited)

At times. Mostly in regards of discovering many wonders in videogames, and still living in the illusion of you can rely without a second thought in your family.... but as it stands, I’ll stick to my independent adult life, I can make my own illusions. 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10391830

:D

Edited by Steve Piranha

I miss being a child as there was so much that I never got to experience. Also, those were simpler times where technology hadn't advanced as far as it did, and the world had not become what it is now.

In some sense, I do miss my childhood years. Those were times where everything was so much more simpler and enjoyable to live through. Of course, not everything was sunshine and rainbows for me, even back then. If I knew what I was in for as I got older, I would never had taken those years for granted.

I do miss being a child when it comes to playing. All the toys and games of let's pretend. Although, if I was to return to my childhood, I would want to be the correct gender. There were so many girls toys I wanted to play with, but never was able to due to the dark cloud of social expectations conjured up by the grownups. But boys did have some pretty awesome toys, it has to be said. :P

I still have a pipe dream that if I ever became an all powerful being, then I would take on the form of a child.

• Brohoof 1

Hardly. Sure, there were fun moments scattered throughout, but even so... there wasn't anything particularly remarkable to recall. To be completely honest, at this pint in my life... I am simply waiting for my 18th birthday. While I do hate to disregard my final year of being a teenager, the lifestyle I intend to pursue requires me to be an adult.  I have always been told that I have been 80 since I was 5, so being a child was likely never suited for me anyhow.

• Brohoof 2

I”ll say this

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin

Sure, I often miss being a child. The fact is, you have your whole life to be an adult but you can only be a child once, so enjoy it while you can. There’s being ‘young at heart,’ which is a good thing, but it isn’t quite the same.  

I think very few people would answer no ; I'm of the majority. It's not really about stuff about myself that I miss, but all the times I had with my family, when all my brothers were home, when I was home. I miss that time; I really do. 

• Brohoof 1