Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Does anyone still go to shopping malls?

Prospekt

I go to the mall on the time! Accompanied by friends of course.

The ones here are doin pretty good and are usually pretty packed.

I love hitting up the Disney store and any other fangirl shop available (Hot Topic, Fuego, Box Lunch) and grabbing some yummy food.

Definitely! There are two malls adjacent to where I live but I rarely go to one of them. The other is my go-to. It’s pretty much always packed. I love shopping there and getting a snack at the same time.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been inside of a mall in at least several years. :mlp_huh:

The one I use to go to had an arcade and it was the place to hang out during the late 90's/early 2000's. Back then, a kid could hang around the mall without adult supervision.  :kirin:

I love to go to the mall! It doesn’t matter if I shop or buy anything at all. It’s just a fun and relaxing atmosphere. It’s nice to see what kinds of goodies are on the shelves and smell something nice over in the food court, or just people-watch. Shopping online is not always much fun, especially with clothing. Sizes have such a wide range to them that it’s impossible to get an accurate impression based simply on S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc. And if something I buy online doesn’t fit I have to go through the headache of returning it and taking my best guess at a replacement. If I shop in person, in a real store, I can browse around and wait for something to inspire me, or I can try any number of alternatives if the basic selections aren’t adequate. I sometimes wear children’s sizes for shoes and it’s not easy to get a comfortable fit without trying them on, so getting that immediate feedback is essential. There’s also some nice entertainment options from time to time, like someone playing a piano in a nicely groomed open seating area, so if I just want to take a load off and nom down a soft pretzel to the musical stylings of the local talent pool, I have that option. It’s an all-around peaceful experience.  

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I love to go to the mall! It doesn’t matter if I shop or buy anything at all. It’s just a fun and relaxing atmosphere. It’s nice to see what kinds of goodies are on the shelves and smell something nice over in the food court, or just people-watch. Shopping online is not always much fun, especially with clothing. Sizes have such a wide range to them that it’s impossible to get an accurate impression based simply on S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc. And if something I buy online doesn’t fit I have to go through the headache of returning it and taking my best guess at a replacement. If I shop in person, in a real store, I can browse around and wait for something to inspire me, or I can try any number of alternatives if the basic selections aren’t adequate. I sometimes wear children’s sizes for shoes and it’s not easy to get a comfortable fit without trying them on, so getting that immediate feedback is essential. There’s also some nice entertainment options from time to time, like someone playing a piano in a nicely groomed open seating area, so if I just want to take a load off and nom down a soft pretzel to the musical stylings of the local talent pool, I have that option. It’s an all-around peaceful experience.  

I would love to go to the mall with you, Dreamy. ^^

My mall has a rad anime store and a bookstore. My husband and I go occasionally, but the place is always full! 

It’s had a broken escalator since we moved here in 2016. They’re working on it every time we go. It absolutely blows my mind how long that thing has been broken. 

Going to malls always triggers anxiety in me so I avoid them.  Mostly because of all the teenagers that hang out there, it just reminds me of being bullied a lot when I was their age even though I'm 28 currently.  I still have a lot of issues with it.  Anyways, the mall near me is easier to navigate since it's smaller and not many teens go there because there's really nothing to do.  Also helps that I really like the staff at the bookstore there, very friendly and always helpful.  It's kinda a safe haven for me outside of home.

I still go to malls, especially for movies, eating at restaurants (and food courts), and even shopping. As much as I love shopping, I honestly avoid shopping online such as Amazon because of high shipping costs. Not to mention that the majority of said items do not ship to US territories like Puerto Rico. If I want to do online shopping, I'd rather go online shopping that has a free shipping option and doesn't ship to only the mainland US.

• 1 month later...

Malls today aren't near as popular as they used to be, there's a youtuber that has a dead mall series and it's pretty sad, especially if you're old enough to remember when going to the Mall was the thing to do. I haven't been in one in YEARS.

Like a month or so ago I think? I don’t think we’ll be going to any around the middle or end of this month for Christmas shopping though. My mom mostly does online shopping these days. :/

I go to the mall once every two weeks or so. I usually enjoy it whether I buy anything or not because there’s always a nice atmosphere, a food court and some interesting stuff I wouldn’t normally go to look at. I prefer it to buying online, especially if I have to try on clothes or shoes, and it’s even more fun around the holidays when it’s all decorated and festive. 

• Brohoof 1

a month ago, i always get my hair cut at the same place in the mall

with that being said...man the mall is not what it used to be, definitely looks like a dying mall...