Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a shrine of an MLP character?

Sparkleberry

No, and I don't understand the obsession this site has with her :laugh:

Spoiler

Like seriously, there seems to be more users using an image of her for their profile pic over anything else except personal OC's, and I know there's no set amount of time for a banner to be on display, but it seems to average two weeks, but we just had one of Twilight on the 27th and 28th I think, and now it's been replaced with this!

MLP ForumsIt's not bad, Mediocre Mare did a good job, and I may have gotten some weird looks from my girlfriend and her family because of what it conveys, but clearly she's getting special treatment.

I do want to make a small shrine for Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon in part to develop a religion for a fanfic I want to write. I'm way into the world building aspect when I should focus on character development and going about dialogue.

I am slowly building up enough Twilight merch to begin a little shrine to my pretty purple pony princess goddess :twismile: 

I have like, no Rarity merch though, nor do I really plan on getting any because I'm not a huge fan of the fashion horse :fabulous:

• Brohoof 3

A shrine? I'm a fan of MLP, yes, but I don't think I'd go that far. On the other hand, it would be a novelty.

Sorry, but to me, a shrine to a character sounds kind-of stupid. I mean one can argue whether the various gods of various religions are real or not, but this is most definitely a fictional character. 

Well, I don't think of it as a shrine, actually... and it's not one character...

20200523_022015.thumb.jpg.6e06348dc791ae9f2af155989f6bc1a2.jpg

... but does this count?

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, SharpWit said:

but we just had one of Twilight on the 27th and 28th I think

I can explain that.

I made a suggestion to Mediocre Mare to make a banner, and I also told Lord Valtasar to drop by to help since he usually takes care of the banners. It turns out he he changed the banner just recently but it was an old one (the Twilight one), and he said he would replace it with a new one asap. And Mediocre Mare is very fast at drawing (see her Request thread).

As for a shrine? I have most of my G1 ponies in display cases in my living room, about 350+ of them.

I might worship Tempest a little bit:
Tempest.jpg&key=260cf0cd1d73805fbaf8b8c7

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I can explain that.

I made a suggestion to Mediocre Mare to make a banner, and I also told Lord Valtasar to drop by to help since he usually takes care of the banners. It turns out he he changed the banner just recently but it was an old one (the Twilight one), and he said he would replace it with a new one asap. And Mediocre Mare is very fast at drawing (see her Request thread).

As for a shrine? I have most of my G1 ponies in display cases in my living room, about 350+ of them.

I might worship Tempest a little bit:
Tempest.jpg&key=260cf0cd1d73805fbaf8b8c7

I love the one Starlight Glimmer in the mix of Tempests :yay:

Honestly, I don;t have shrine of MLP character. I mean got couple Applejack toys, but I don't on making a shrine of Applejack either. I don't plan on making a shrine of Twilight either. I mean it just a bit weird to me to make a shrine of something I love. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)

"Shrine" is an awfully specific term that definitely crosses into "weird" territory, unless we're saying it ironically. I'm definitely not planning on praying to Princess Luna to chase away my nightmares :laugh:

It's even weirder for the Japanese side of my brain, because in that culture when you have a small "shrine" in your house full of objects that remind you of a single, specific non-divine person... that's how you honor a deceased family member, typically one who used to live there. I don't know about you, but I don't think about any of my favorite ponies that way :wacko:

If the actual intent was "would you put all your pony merch in one small cluster, or spread them all over your living space?" then I guess I'd do the former. But I'm not yet sure if I want to get any figures, plushes, etc, as opposed to things like stickers and keychains.

Edited by Ixrec