Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you all think of pony life?

MapledMike

Probably not on the same level as Friendship Is Magic. I would not be surprised if people stick a G4.5 title on it.

But we will wait and see. I think the animation might be interesting, if it animates that is.

I doubt it will be as good as FiM. I think the character designs are pretty cute, but otherwise I'm a bit worried about what the show's quality will be given everything that's come out about it so far.

That being said, I'm hoping it will be good and am willing to give it a chance once it comes out.

(edited)

I think it's a minor show more than EQG specials, EQG shorts, EQG youtube promos. I see it as a same league as promo special shorts like Flurry Heart's scrapbook, Fundamentals of Magic.

I don't expect that much.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Not expecting much, but I also blame that on the last few seasons being lackluster so I don’t have huge hopes, just “please no bullshit like S6 or 9”

If we're being honest, I'm really disliking the general direction MLP is going. I dislike the character designs and the hyper-cartoony style. The plots revealed so far don't seem horrible, but I'm scared of the humor and tone this will have. With a new movie and possibly G5 around the corner, along with a smaller toyline this year than in the past, combined with the short, gag-based nature it seems to have, I can't forsee this lasting past a season, or possibly two. If you're excited and see promise, you're welcome to your opinion, but what I've seen so far just doesn't excite me.

Honestly, it worries me. So many shows have that hyper and silly atmosphere and all the characters have a similar silliness that the comedy gets shallow and bland following a first watch. No, I don't expect it to be anywhere nearly as good and impactful as FIM. Currently, anything above decent surpasses my expectations. However, most of the synopses show some promise; if they execute them well…y'got my attention. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

It won't be as good as Friendship is Magic, but that's all right. I see it as just a bit of fun to fill the gap between generations 4 and 5. I'll also be surprised if it lasts longer than a couple of seasons (though I hope it does)